Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Shaitaan is a big hit. Say it smiley2

Yes it is, I am so happy for everyone and glad Ajay is back to  experimenting

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

To me, it's like with Drishyam...a good remake of an excellent Gujarati movie (Vash)...so nothing really original but still well made into a Hindi movie (rather quickly as Vash released last year and already 3 months later, Shaitaan got announced.)

What I've especially noticed (not for the first time, btw.): the #meetoo mouvement obviously had no lasting impact on the Hindi filmindustry (with, this time, Vikas Bahl directing the movie of an A-list star).

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: StacyStyle

Yes it is, I am so happy for everyone and glad Ajay is back to  experimenting

Well, actually, to me, remaking critically acclaimed movies is not really "experimenting"... it's just trying to use other people's achievements for - hopefully - own gains in a time where it would be possible to make the original known to a bigger audience by distributing it in dubbed versions...

StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Well, actually, to me, remaking critically acclaimed movies is not really "experimenting"... it's just trying to use other people's achievements for - hopefully - own gains in a time where it would be possible to make the original known to a bigger audience by distributing it in dubbed versions...

Did people wat5ch the Vashg movie? Because if they didnt then they shouldnt complain they bought the rights for remake to put it to a bigger reach then it wouldnt before.

This is Ajay's 2024 lineup. He only has one remake and all other movies are from different genres.

Romance

Horror\Sport drama

Drama

Action

Clochette thumbnail

My take was only because of the "experimenting"...I know that Ajay likes to do different genres (which, btw, I find quite positive).

Pagglait thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

just finished watching it. Turned out average for me actually. Had a promising premise but disappointed. 2.5/5