Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

Thank you Anu! Glad you enjoyed the story so far. 

Mridzy thumbnail

************* PROMO ****************

Jhanak stirred awake, feeling disoriented and hazy. The world around her still hazy, she flailed her arms, reaching for balance in her disoriented haze of awakening. 

"Stop wriggling"

The words cascaded over her befuddled brain, and instead of feeling alarmed, she felt a wave of warmth wash over her. 

Before she could make sense of her surroundings, she felt the steady rhythmic beating of his heart and for some stupid reason, it calmed her. 

As her senses slowly returned, she became acutely aware of his strong arms cradling her, keeping her secure against him as he walked to the bed, "let me go" she feebly argued. 

He chuckled in response, "not a chance" he muttered, his voice a gentle murmur as he looked down at her, his gaze momentarily softening with concern that she couldn't quite comprehend. 

He let her down gingerly, his eyes searching her face, his gaze tender. 

And that confused the hell out of her.

He had made his disdain and hatred abundantly clear so what was all this concern. 

Feeling the need to put space between them, she wriggled a bit farther away, "I don't need your pity, sir ji. You should leave now" she bit out gingerly, not even looking at him.

"This isn't pity and I'm not leaving you like this" 

******** To be continued *********

So I've been toying with ideas for the next part and I've finally got it - writing it now, in the meantime, I thought I'll just post a little promo!

Hope you guys enjoyed and piqued your interest! 

Edited by Mridzy - 2 months ago
Mridzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mridzy

************* PROMO ****************

Jhanak stirred awake, feeling disoriented and hazy. The world around her still hazy, she flailed her arms, reaching for balance in her disoriented haze of awakening. 

"Stop wriggling"

The words cascaded over her befuddled brain, and instead of feeling alarmed, she felt a wave of warmth wash over her. 

Before she could make sense of her surroundings, she felt the steady rhythmic beating of his heart and for some stupid reason, it calmed her. 

As her senses slowly returned, she became acutely aware of his strong arms cradling her, keeping her secure against him as he walked to the bed, "let me go" she feebly argued. 

He chuckled in response, "not a chance" he muttered, his voice a gentle murmur as he looked down at her, his gaze momentarily softening with concern that she couldn't quite comprehend. 

He let her down gingerly, his eyes searching her face, his gaze tender. 

He had made his disdain and hatred abundantly clear so what was all this concern. 

Feeling the need to put space between them, she wriggled a bit farther away, "I don't need your pity, sir ji. You should leave now" she bit out gingerly, not even looking at him.

******** To be continued *********

So I've been toying with ideas for the next part and I've finally got it - writing it now, in the meantime, I thought I'll just post a little promo!

Hope you guys enjoyed and piqued your interest! 

More tags. Can someone tag Vihu - I am unable to tag her?! 

Mridzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: __VIHU

This was perfect 👌 

I don’t mind “heavier” since you pull it off so well… Knowing what’s going on in both their minds makes your writing even more enjoyable than the actual episode where most of Ani’s feelings are left to viewers imagination. 

Now that you’ve already promised a Ani Jhanak packed “lighter part”, no further demands..

Update soon. smiley42

Hiya - I am not able to tag you, I don't know why? Just posted to promo, hopefully it sets the scene for a RuNak loaded lighter part! Let me know what you thought. 😁

vimeo thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Omigod! What an interesting promo!! Waiting!!

__VIHU thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Mridzy

Hiya - I am not able to tag you, I don't know why? Just posted to promo, hopefully it sets the scene for a RuNak loaded lighter part! Let me know what you thought. 😁

No worries about the tag I’ve been haunting this forum to check for updates every now and then 😅. It is an awesome teaser, can’t wait to read the whole version… We rarely get Runak scenes so you writing this awesome piece is highly appreciated smiley32

Anindita91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Part 1

Wow, Mridzy, you did a fantastic job in describing Aniruddh's emotions. The pain and confusion he is feeling were portrayed so well.

It's commendable that Choton didn't sugarcoat things and made Aniruddh see himself in the mirror. He needed to understand that his behavior was too harsh.

I can empathize with Aniruddh's feelings, and while Jhanak was also harsh with him, she had her reasons which he is unaware of. So, I understand his pain and confusion.

I am excited to see how you progress the story and help them realize their feelings for each other. I have always been a fan of hate-to-love relationships, so I am looking forward to this story.

Anindita91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Part 2

I must say, you are incredibly skilled at conveying emotions. Reading about Jhanak's pain brought tears to my eyes. You truly have a talent for this. You have written this chapter exceptionally well.

As for Tanuja and Bipasha, it's no surprise that they would think Jhanak will steal. But Jhanak's response was perfect. I could picture Bipasha's expression when Jhanak subtly told her to "shut up."

It's a relief that there will be no Basus in the Basu house for the next two days. This is a refreshing change from what we usually see in the show.

In the show, the Basus would never leave Jhanak and Aniruddh alone for even a short time. It's frustrating.

I am looking forward to the next chapter. Please update soon. I may be late in commenting, but I will definitely leave feedback.

Please update soon.

__VIHU thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Eagerly waiting for the update Mridzy…

Mridzy thumbnail

Hi Everyone,

This part has taken slightly longer to post, and while it is not the light-hearted part that I promised and I myself hoped it would be - this was essential to move the story forward! :)

And as promised, this is #RuNak loaded, though probably not in the way you would have liked? But I still hope you guys enjoy this. 

Over to you guys now.

Read and Review, and please leave your thoughts!

Love

Mridz 

PART 3

Anirudh's heart raced as he sprinted down the dimly lit corridor, covering the space between his and Jhanak's room in minutes.

The echo of the thud still reverberated in his ears as he approached her room, his mind playing the role of devil's advocate with aplomb – bringing up every possible worst-case scenario in a matter of seconds.

If something happened to her...

He pushed those thoughts aside as he pushed the door to her room with trembling hands. The room was dimly lit only by the moonlight filtering in through parted curtains, casting an eerie shadow across the wall. His heart pounded in his chest as he took in the scene before him – In one swift instant it felt as if the air was sucked out of his lungs

There she lay – pale and still, on the floor near her bed. Anirudh's breath caught in his throat as he rushed to her side, his mind reeling with the guilt that washed over him like a tidal wave.

He has been so wrapped up in the need to protect her, that he had not held back on the insults and harsh words he had dished out at her. And now, seeing her lying there, so vulnerable and alone, he couldn't help but feel the weight of his own actions pressing down on him.

"Jhanak" he called out, kneeling down beside her, "Jhanak, can you hear me?!" he asked, lightly tapping her cheek. When she did not move, her face seemingly even paler than it had been minutes ago, a cold dread settled in the pits of Anirudh's stomach.

Stupid, stupid, stupid – What was the need to insult her so badly?

Clenching his jaw, he scooped her up in his arms, cradling her close to his chest. Her body felt unnaturally still against his, her breathing shallow and uneven.

He had brought her home with the promise that he would ensure she finds her footing in life. He promised himself that he would ensure she finds her identity and becomes a person who'd command respect and awe wherever she goes so that one day she could confront her father, the dance maestro, for doing what he did to her mother.

As he looked down at her pale form, he couldn't shake the feeling that he had failed -  in the worst possible way. He didn't know if he would ever be able to forgive himself if anything –

You had no problem forgiving yourself when she tried to ki –

SHUT UP

He had managed to silence the truth his conscience was screaming at him, which seemed like daggers to his chest, but try as he might he just could not quell the tide of disappointment that consumed his entirely.

He had failed her. He had done nothing to help her.

Mein iss Ghar ki maid hun - she had called herself a maid repeatedly. Even though he wanted to shout that she wasn't, even though he wanted to yell that was not why he had gotten her to Kolkata, he kept quiet.

Maybe he did that because every time he tried to speak up in support, he was shut down by her.

You should have tried harder.

Jhanak lightly stirred in his arms, and a wave of relief washed over him as he glanced down at her eyes fluttering open.

The breath he didn't realise he was holding came out in a huff as he subconsciously tightened his hold on her as he walked to the bed.

Starting now, he was going to try harder.  

In the proper wayhis conscience added, and for the first time he did not shut it down.

Jhanak stirred awake, the world around her still hazy. She flailed her arms, reaching for balance in her disoriented haze of awakening.

"Stop wriggling"

As her senses slowly returned, she became acutely aware of his strong arms cradling her, keeping her secure against him as he walked. A quick sideways glance told her she was being carried to the bed, "let me go" she feebly argued.

Even in her lightheaded state, her mind threw up all the insults, all the disdain all the hurtful words thrown at her.

Suddenly overcome with the need to put some space between them, she tried to inch away in his arms.

That halted him in his tracks.

"I'm only trying to help you, Jhanak"

The softness in his tone made her look at him again, and she bit back on the words she was about to spit out in defence - Nahin Chahiye Aapka help.

Neither of them said anything and the only sound in the room was the sound of the curtains ruffling as he let her down on the bed carefully, taking extra care that it wouldn't hurt her.

She made the mistake of looking into his eyes then and found that there were pools of concern and something else she dared not name in his brown orbs

Feeling the need to take some control back and to salvage her quickly disappearing sanity, she wriggled a bit farther away, "I don't need your pity, sir ji. You should leave now" she bit out gingerly, closing her eyes tightly shut, hoping that the only defence she knew would save her from any future troubles.

Her eyes flew open at that, and though there was a wave of slight happiness that spread across her chest, she clamped down on that very quickly.

Don't be stupid she scolded herself.

Tightening her jaw, she fixed her gaze on him, "then what is it, sir ji?!

She didn't wait for an answer, "oh right, you're worried I would frame you for hurting me. You're worried I'd slam a case on you by staging this so that I can extort money out of you."

Ouch.Ouch.Ouch

Those words hurt Anirudh more than he had cared to admit.

Because he knew he probably deserved this.

Probably?!

Ok fine, he completely deserved this. And no matter what he said, he knew he couldn't make amends with just words.

But he could at least start there.

Sighing, he straightened up, "I'm sorry you think that way, Jhanak" he said earnestly, making sure that he selected his words carefully, "but I promise you, I don't think you would ever do something like this" he completed, looking into her eyes, hoping that if she didn't believe the words out of his mouth, she would atleast believe the truth in his eyes.

She looked at him as if considering the weight in his words very carefully. He waited for her to say something. She didn't, she just looked away.

"You fell unconscious. I'm going to go call the doctor. You stay here, ok?" He said, and with one last look at her, her turned to go to his room - in his hurry he had left his phone on his bed.

Jhanak chuckled humourlessly, "surely a maid does not need such attention from her master"

Ok this was stopping right now.

He turned around and retracted his steps back to her. He knew that she was aware of his proximity to her, but was resolutely looking away.

He would have never done this 2 days ago. He still didn't know why he was doing this, but he bent down slightly so that he was eye level with her and extended his hand to her face.

The thought that he was overstepping boundaries stopped him, and his hand froze.

Was this too much? 

The dejection on Jhanak's face threw any doubts and questions out of the window.

It was not just important, but essential for Jhanak to stop thinking of herself as a maid and to start believing that she deserved better things.

And it had to start right now.

Emboldened by that resolve, he hooked a long finger under her chin and turned her face to meet his - her eyes went round and he knew that he had her entire attention, "listen to me very carefully, Jhanak" he said slowly, emphasising on each word to convey that he truly believed it, "you.are.not.a.maid - you deserve much better"

He hoped she caught on to the silent promise of the words he had chosen to leave unsaid as he withdrew his finger from her chin. She looked like she wanted to argue, but she only just slightly nodded.

The lone tear that slipped out of her eyes told him that no matter how much she wanted to fight him, somewhere deep down, a tiny part of her wanted to believe in what he had just said.

And that was enough.

For now.

******* To be continued *********

Edited by Mridzy - 2 months ago