Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 months ago

The truth is, Alia isn't a good actress. She is just a better actress compared to the crappy collection of actresses we have such as Ananya, Janhvi, Sara, etc. She's the only one who is not terrible, but that does not mean that she is actually a good actress. Compare her to any previous top actress, and the illusion and delulu will wear off. 

Also - how does a top actress not have one blockbuster to her name? 

I said what I said. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Eh. Alia is significantly better than the batch right before her.  Deepika, Katrina, Anushka, Sonam. Also a significantly better actress than Aishwarya, Preeti, Karishma and Kajol. 

Ofc there are others who I think can eat her alive. Priyanka, Kareena, Rani and Vidya. But she is definitely much better than the average actress. 

Edited by MostlyHarmIess - 2 months ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

Eh. Alia is significantly better than the batch right before her.  Deepika, Katrina, Anushka, Sonam. Also a significantly better actress than Aishwarya, Preeti, Karishma and Kajol. 

Ofc there are others who I think can eat her alive. Priyanka, Kareena, Rani and Vidya. But she is definitely much better than the average actress. 

Guess what? Literally nobody has rewatched Raazi or Gangu, people have already erased it from their memory.....but until this day - people watch films like Devdas, Kal Ho Na Ho, and KKHH. Those performances are still appreciated even today and no its not nostalgia, because nobody is watching anything from previous generations. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Adah Sharma has a ATBB and it didn’t elevate her. Unless you count her new tattoo of some party 😉 

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

The truth is, Alia isn't a good actress. She is just a better actress compared to the crappy collection of actresses we have such as Ananya, Janhvi, Sara, etc. She's the only one who is not terrible, but that does not mean that she is actually a good actress. Compare her to any previous top actress, and the illusion and delulu will wear off. 

Also - how does a top actress not have one blockbuster to her name? 

I said what I said. 

Ofcourse all of this is an open secret to a majority of audience. 

Her stature as a performer will never increase in the eyes of the paying public no matter how much papa Jo and a certain section of Bollywood forcefully shoves her down our throats or hammer our heads & brains with their biased narrative in her favour. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

Edited by sharaban - 2 months ago
sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Adah Sharma has a ATBB and it didn’t elevate her. Unless you count her new tattoo of some party 😉 

One CONTENT BASED blockbuster in an otherwise INCONSISTENT and almost non existing career of a B lister can NOT be compared to an A lister who delivers movies on a consistent bases, is taught to be a super star and number one  (which she is not) having not a single BB on her credit. 

Don't compare apple with oranges. 

sharaban thumbnail

Are you kidding? 

Please.... Kajol, Anushka, Preity and even Karishma(in later part of her career) are anyday better actresses then Aliaa. 

(Dp, Katrina, Sonam and Ash I agree with you are behind Alia as performers but then all of them delivered some good performances in certain movies... except for the bimbette Sonam). 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I hope it’s sarcasm because Preity zinta was good actress.  Are u talking on some other preeti ?  in that case ok 

Edited by wat_up - 2 months ago
sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

I hope it’s sarcasm because Preity was good actress. 

He didn't wrote Priety, but Preeti. 

So I am sure he is talking about that flowerpot & stiff Preeti Jhangiaani of Muhabbaain fame... that I agree with him.... lol

(Not sure about him, but I am being sarcastic here 😂) 

- - - - - - - - - - - 

Edited by sharaban - 2 months ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Guess what? Literally nobody has rewatched Raazi or Gangu, people have already erased it from their memory.....but until this day - people watch films like Devdas, Kal Ho Na Ho, and KKHH. Those performances are still appreciated even today and no its not nostalgia, because nobody is watching anything from previous generations. 

very true. We just had polls and it shows how 90s-2000 movies more appreciated by older generation  and memorable then most movies by the new batch 2000s-present.