Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

I still feel he should make movies that he wants..what he calls experimental. Hope n love can be spread doing those too..like Swades which was a much better movie than Pathaan without doubt. Chak de too. Haven't watched Dunki yet..looking fwd to it. 

Zero and Fan were too slow n boring..and from what I hear it's the same issue with Dunki. 

Aamir used to understand that balance till LSC. That's y he got success with a lengthy movie like Lagaan..though it mostly covered amateur cricket scenes. He found something off in Swades n rejected it.. predictably was average. But I would rather see SRK act in  Swades than Pathaan. Though, whatever works for the masses👍

Edited by Kyahikahoon - 2 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

SRK should always do what also excites him. Fan and Zero have their lovers, too. Ra.One and JHMS also.

Pathaan and Jawan have different reasons of success...and Dunki is that much a different genre and movie that it is still fine with a hit-verdict. But his performances always show that he is invested in the movies - mentally, physically, emotionally.

Honestly, whatever flaws an SRK movie may have, I always enjoy his performance.

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

I still feel he should make movies that he wants..what he calls experimental. Hope n love can be spread doing those too..like Swades which was a much better movie than Pathaan without doubt. Chak de too. Haven't watched Dunki yet..looking fwd to it. 

Zero and Fan were too slow n boring..and from what I hear it's the same issue with Dunki. 

Aamir used to understand that balance till LSC. That's y he got success with a lengthy movie like Lagaan..though it mostly covered amateur cricket scenes. He found something off in Swades n rejected it.. predictably was average. But I would rather see SRK act in  Swades than Pathaan. Though, whatever works for the masses👍

SRK is too big for small films

We have many actors in every street of India but we have handful of Superstars. I'd take a Pathaan which brings people to the theatre anyday over a small movie which doesn't have enough potential or reach.

The person who is paying for the movie ticket is more important than people who sit online to judge movies

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

SRK is too big for small films

We have many actors in every street of India but we have handful of Superstars. I'd take a Pathaan which brings people to the theatre anyday over a small movie which doesn't have enough potential or reach.

The person who is paying for the movie ticket is more important than people who sit online to judge movies

Not small films..films n concepts that he believes in.

Would u call Zero, Fan or Dunki small?

Was Dangal or Lagaan small?

I watched the latter two in theatres.

Only reason our trips to cinema halls have reduced is coz kids r more interested in multiplex experience..good food n popcorn included 😂. Also everybody's choice varies.

We pay for OTT too ya?

NoraSM thumbnail

Not small films..films n concepts that he believes in.

Would u call Zero, Fan or Dunki small?

Was Dangal or Lagaan small?

I watched the latter two in theatres.

Only reason our trips to cinema halls have reduced is coz kids r more interested in multiplex experience..good food n popcorn included 😂. Also everybody's choice varies.

We pay for OTT too ya?

Small films not in terms for budget but in terms of characterization

Vikram Rathore and Pathaan are larger than life characters

If someone is spending their money to watch Jawan, Pathaan and Dunki in theaters then it is important to make more of these movies so cinema owners can pay their bills. It is a business

You have a lot of actors putting out a lot of stuff on OTT, SRK is not an OTT actor. A superstar should do something of his stature 

Good or bad movie is subjective, numbers are facts 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Small films not in terms for budget but in terms of characterization

Vikram Rathore and Pathaan are larger than life characters

If someone is spending their money to watch Jawan, Pathaan and Dunki in theaters then it is important to make more of these movies so cinema owners can pay their bills. It is a business

You have a lot of actors putting out a lot of stuff on OTT, SRK is not an OTT actor. A superstar should do something of his stature 

Good or bad movie is subjective, numbers are facts 

Ya definitely make more of that..but a gem once in a while would be fine. 

Like Kangana told to Vanga..

"But please don’t ever give me any role; otherwise, your alpha male heroes will become feminists, and then your films will also be defeated. You make blockbusters; the film industry needs you.” 

Similarly may SRK keep giving Blockbusters.. industry needs them

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

"numbers are facts"...maybe, maybe not

"good or bad"... quite personal judgement

personal example:

To me, Fan and Zero are good movies (in terms of quality and story), but the numbers weren't as high as I myself would have whished for (and SRK, too).

To me, Animal is a bad movie (in terms of intention and reasoning), but the numbers told the story of many, many footfalls.

That's why I say that ShahRukh should always make the movies he feels that he wants to do, independent if it's for the/his kids or for the crowd or for himself or for his whish to make a 'world-film'.

The audience will either accept (in big number) or not accept the way he would whish for...

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
NoraSM thumbnail

Ya definitely make more of that..but a gem once in a while would be fine. 

Like Kangana told to Vanga..

"But please don’t ever give me any role; otherwise, your alpha male heroes will become feminists, and then your films will also be defeated. You make blockbusters; the film industry needs you.” 

Similarly may SRK keep giving Blockbusters.. industry needs them

For me, Jawan is a gem 

You don't understand the significance of Jawan in my life, I watch it every week or whenever I feel low, I'd just start watching the interval scene. 

People like different things, only India Forums thinks Jawan or Pathaan are bad movies. Everywhere else they are loved by the masses. 

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

"numbers are facts"...maybe, maybe not

"good or bad"... quite personal judgement

personal example:

To me, Fan and Zero are good movies (in terms of quality and story), but the numbers weren't as high as I myself would have whished for (and SRK, too).

To me, Animal is a bad movie (in terms of intention and reasoning), but the numbers told the story of many, many footfalls.

That's why I say that ShahRukh should always make the movies he feels that he wants to do, independent if it's for the/his kids or for the crowd or for himself or for his whish to make a 'world-film'.

The audience will either accept (in big number) or not accept the way he would whish for...

Numbers are facts 

Someone liking or not liking a movie doesn't change the numbers it did. Those numbers tell you how many people have seen the movie, how many actually chose to spend their money on it. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

For me, Jawan is a gem 

You don't understand the significance of Jawan in my life, I watch it every week or whenever I feel low, I'd just start watching the interval scene. 

People like different things, only India Forums thinks Jawan or Pathaan are bad movies. Everywhere else they are loved by the masses. 

Didn't mention Jawan anywhere coz I haven't seen it..family watched on OTT..and haven't met a single person who liked Pathaan

Edited by Kyahikahoon - 2 months ago