MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 months ago

The release date is set on 14th August 2025 smiley40

We have two dance gods as protagonists and antagonists.

6th movie of the spy universe. 

Hrithik Roshan, NTR Jr to be Joined by Kiara Advani in ‘War 2’

By Naman Ramachandran

NTR Jr Kiara Advani Hrithik Roshan

Getty Images/Yash Raj Films

Top Bollywood actor Kiara Advani will join Hrithik Roshan and NTR Jr in the cast of Yash Raj Films’ “War 2,” Variety has learned.

Advani debuted with hit “Fugly” (2014) and has starred in several more hits since, including “M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story” (2016), “Bharath Ane Nenu” (2018), “Kabir Singh” (2019), “Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2” and “Jug Jugg Jeeyo” (both 2022). She is also known for Netflix anthology “Lust Stories” (2018) and direct-to-digital Prime Video film “Shershaah” (2021).

War 2” will be directed by Ayan Mukerji, who previously helmed Disney’s Indian mythological superhero film “Brahmastra: Part One – Shiva.”

Created by producer Aditya Chopra, the spy universe kicked off with the Tiger franchise, starring Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif, beginning with “Ek Tha Tiger” (2012) and “Tiger Zinda Hai” (2017), and continued with “War” (2019), starring Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff. The latest instalment in the universe, “Pathaan,” starring Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and John Abraham, is the biggest Indian hit of the year so far, grossing $130 million. The four films have together grossed some $300 million.

The next film in the spy universe, “Tiger 3,” is due a release in November, over the Diwali festival holiday frame. Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan will headline “Tiger vs Pathaan,” which is due to commence production in January 2024.

A trade source told Variety: “Aditya Chopra is going all out to make this film the slickest and the coolest action entertainer that this country has ever seen. It will be really exciting to see Kiara in this universe and how Ayan and Aditya present her in ‘War 2.’ All the heroines of the spy universe have left an unforgettable mark on Indian cinema. Now, it is Kiara’s turn and we all know she can make a huge impact on screen with ‘War 2.'”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

I love the star cast of this film 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Movie looks so interesting. I think Ayan will do great. Honestly he should not had directed shiva. We all knew it would be a disaster. Wake up Sid and YJHD were Gems.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

I love the star cast of this film 

I wish we would have Allu Arjun instead of NTR, but yes NTR is amazing too. And yes i love the cast smiley27

Hopefully this will work!

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

Movie looks so interesting. I think Ayan will do great. Honestly he should not had directed shiva. We all knew it would be a disaster. Wake up Sid and YJHD were Gems.

TBH, I’m worried about Ayan though, I don’t even know whether he understands the tone of a proper spy led larger than life hero action movie, Brahmastra was a massive headache. Sid Anand atleast knew the tone of the film, like even his underperformed movie like Fighter is going to do 200 crs with great reviews, if they don’t get the lead character right then spy universe is shut, there’s a reason why Tiger 3 underperformed, direction was poor. 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MiVida_Messi

TBH, I’m worried about Ayan though, I don’t even know whether he understands the tone of a proper spy led larger than life hero action movie, Brahmastra was a massive headache. Sid Anand atleast knew the tone of the film, like even his underperformed movie like Fighter is going to do 200 crs with great reviews, if they don’t get the lead character right then spy universe is shut, there’s a reason why Tiger 3 underperformed, direction was poor. 

No one could had saved Shivasmiley36 I think Tiger 3 flopped due to bad script and it was such a big movie that i just think Maneesh could not handle the movie. When I saw Emran Hashmi i decided will not watch the moviesmiley36

Pathan was a huge success because of great teamwork by Srk Deepika and John. I have high hopes on this movie.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

No one could had saved Shivasmiley36 I think Tiger 3 flopped due to bad script and it was such a big movie that i just think Maneesh could not handle the movie. When I saw Emran Hashmi i decided will not watch the moviesmiley36

Pathan was a huge success because of great teamwork by Srk Deepika and John. I have high hopes on this movie.

I think they shouldn’t have made Tiger 3 and Pathaan release in the same year, also unlike Pathaan, Tiger 3 didn’t have a cohesive story. Pathaan was very generic, so was War, but both films had the larger than life aura, which Tiger 3 for some reason had missing. Also SRK coming back was one reason, 4 years is a long time. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

https://twitter.com/HimeshMankad/status/1758051678354559098

Edited by Maroonporsche - 2 months ago
1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Only WUS. YJHD was a wannabe mess which got saved by Ranbir- Deepika chemistry and music. Hope he doesn’t destroy War2.