Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 months ago

- His personal life seems support this, given his track record and from what we have hears from Sonam, Deepu, Katrina etc and strange behaviour as a hubby 

- He always does movies where there’s an element of this, even early on in Bachna e Haseeno; he was seen as using and throwing away women. 

- YJHD - daal chawal comment 

- Sanju, 300 girlfriends and being proud of it 

- He said Kabir Singh is the greatest love story ever 

- ADHM - again, feeling entitled towards a woman 

- TJMM - no need to clarify  

- Wipe it off 

- Animal, given  

I know these are movies and roles but one can’t help but notice a pattern, especially as he mirrors these ideologies in his real life as well. Most actors do movies that align with their value, I’m sure this is not a coincidence, especially given his lineage and family. 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Yes it could be true

Maybe due to his father’s influence too

I don’t like Alia but maybe he improved his ways for Raha and won’t cheat on Alia even if he stills says nasty comments to her.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Yes, he definitely is, and I am not saying it because his movies, almost all of them have him play a misogynistic man child, but because his entire family and he himself, his ex girlfriends, and ofcourse his wife, everyone has ensured that whenever they try tp talk something nice about him and elevate his image, they ruin it more because in every moment they give up sth that clarifies that how big of a toxic and misogynistic man he is.

It is extreme to judge someone as misogynistic or toxic in real life, just based on characters they have played onscreen, but in case of Ranbir everything around him, his behavior, the way he is proud of everything he does implies that he is misogynistic and he tries hard to show off his love for Alia.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

He himself certainly doesn't think so...

I guess, he is too much concentrated on himself to notice how his behaviour sometimes comes across...quite pharisaic? self-rightous?

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Well, the Wipe It Off saga definitely suggests so. 

There’s also telling his wife to control her voice. 

And telling her she’s spreading too much while she was pregnant.  

And saying that when a woman is heartbroken all she has to do is go to a salon and she’ll be fine.  

And discussing Anushka’s anxiety medication in front of the cameras.  

And telling Katrina she can’t talk properly and he’ll have to do it for her.  

I’m sure there are many more examples out there.  

Anyone who jokes about cheating has misogynistic tendencies at the very least. And he was raised by a misogynistic abusive father and a misogynistic and enabling mother. It’s not really a surprise in anyway that he is the way he is.  

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Short Answer: Yes! 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 2 months ago
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

- His personal life seems support this, given his track record and from what we have hears from Sonam, Deepu, Katrina etc and strange behaviour as a hubby 

- He always does movies where there’s an element of this, even early on in Bachna e Haseeno; he was seen as using and throwing away women. 

- YJHD - daal chawal comment 

- Sanju, 300 girlfriends and being proud of it 

- He said Kabir Singh is the greatest love story ever 

- ADHM - again, feeling entitled towards a woman 

- TJMM - no need to clarify  

- Wipe it off 

- Animal, given  

I know these are movies and roles but one can’t help but notice a pattern, especially as he mirrors these ideologies in his real life as well. Most actors do movies that align with their value, I’m sure this is not a coincidence, especially given his lineage and family. 

answer is no. Your suppositions are all wrongsmiley2 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Agree with everyone who has posted save for the last comment. 

I had no idea about him telling everyone about Anushka's anxiety problem. What a horrible man to share something personal like that without consent. Remember he also made fun of her English.

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 2 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Well, the Wipe It Off saga definitely suggests so. 

There’s also telling his wife to control her voice. 

And telling her she’s spreading too much while she was pregnant.  

And saying that when a woman is heartbroken all she has to do is go to a salon and she’ll be fine.  

And discussing Anushka’s anxiety medication in front of the cameras.  

And telling Katrina she can’t talk properly and he’ll have to do it for her.  

I’m sure there are many more examples out there.  

Anyone who jokes about cheating has misogynistic tendencies at the very least. And he was raised by a misogynistic abusive father and a misogynistic and enabling mother. It’s not really a surprise in anyway that he is the way he is.  

That Anushka thing was so wtf. These things have stigma irl and result in people especially women getting stereotyped in the professional sphere. The number of times I have been shamed for taking sick leaves when my bad immunity wrecked my body is ridiculous. Moreso if someone had to deal with mental health.

Don't even want to comment on the rest because it too early to deal with unironical 'woke' taunts.

But tbh casteism and classism festers in that family environment, and all of them sound tone-deaf 100% of the time. So signalling Ranbir out doesn't deal with the larger issues of their elitist social sphere.

Edited by Blueeeee - 2 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

That Anushka thing was so wtf. These things have stigma irl and result in people especially women getting stereotyped in the professional sphere. The number of times I have been shamed for taking sick leaves when my bad immunity wrecked my body is ridiculous. Moreso if someone had to deal with mental health.

Don't even want to comment on the rest because it too early to deal with unironical 'woke' taunts.

It reminds me that when I see Deepika detractors, one of their go-to insults is that she's crazy, unbalanced, and mentally sick. They love to stigmatize mental health and weaponize it especially against women.