Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago

Based on the Wikipedia synopsis, it would go only one way...

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Two movies about the same incident?

Godhra on 1st of March

The Sabarmati Report on 3rd of May

Which narrative will they favour? An accident inside the train or pre-planned Muslim attack?

The first movie before the elections, the second during the elections...

Wikipedia and other sites give ample information, a good start for getting an own opinion as it is still very clear that nothing is really clear...

smiley13an accident inside the train?smiley13 That's about as credible as wondering if the jewish holocaust victims gassed themselves smiley2smiley2smiley2

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Oh people are white washing the reality of Godhra train incident here too? What a surprise. Chalo. If the reality wasn’t so gruesome, it may have been possible to enjoy these wild conspiracy theories by the pseudo intellectuals.smiley39

also ya’ll are gonna really struggle with your excuses once elections are over and TKF and TKS type of movies continue to do well. Start thinking of your excuses now. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Remembering those days of horror.

How our elders tried to shield us from the train burning news in the morning. But then news about riots that night were all over tv and newspapers so obviously we got to know. They were controlled in 2 days and after that it was all a narrative build up. 

Living in a different city, we never brought up this topic with our kids. Now they saw the teasers and asked..said we never told them such n incident happened 

Clochette thumbnail

I won't enter in a political discussion here, but there are - in fact - two distinctive narratives differently supported by respective examinations...everything is researchable / readable on the net so that genuinely interested persons could educate themselves...

With such incidents, my first question always is "who does profit in which way from a certain narrative"... especially when the death of many persons is involved.

One narrative is strongly supported by the politics leading at the time of the incident(s) - the other narrative is strongly supported by politics leading at a later time (the latter also supported by - allegedly - neutral investigations).

There is only consensus about that none of the narratives is proved beyond doubt, only - because of certain examination-results - that the second narrative is more probable.

The first narrative furthers hate, the second one is ridiculed (here and elsewhere).

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

There is one more narrative which is of people who have been through that. 

That's non political or not with any vested interest.

And that's most believable. We refer to internet or Wikipedia for something that happened in history or very far away where we or our known people weren't physically present. 

Like I would know what my Dadaji did..but wouldnt know a thing about ancestors of anyone I don't know. If I need the info would rely on other sources.

Not questioning anybody who doesn't believe in the facts shown in these movies..coz their resources say different. 

And what I know is different 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

About narratives that further hate..

There is one little fact. No one is denying that riots happened..lot of grief, lot of loss on 27th Feb and the events that followed...and it wasn't limited to any single community. It was a collective loss. 

People learned from that and built their lives again. No riots after that..not even stone pelting in bylanes. Now when there r incidents which try to instigate people show amazing resilience. 

We were kids but always knew riots used to happen frequently..but parents never told us any gruesome details. Now in old age our elder family members who grew up in those bylanes tell us they have seen everything. But still they say people aren't bad..that junoon, anger and instigation r the culprits..so always be in control of ur anger.

We always try to shield our kids..bcoz somewhere we all dream of n ideal world and want our children to be part of that change..for the better. 

We can shut our eyes to what we don't like.. but doesn't mean it isn't happening. There is a saying in Hindi..Aankhein moond lene se Khatra tal nahi jaata.

Lekin andhere ke baad hi ujaala hota hai

Clochette thumbnail

I would say that people who were present at the train burning and who lived this nightmare will have things to tell who had been told during the different investigations...they are witnesses. So, one may have the narration of a witness which is more or less supporting one of the two narratives, I think.

The problem is, that both narratives have witnesses who tell different things... the question is "why"? Shouldn't they all tell the same things?

Had there been an attack involving more than 1000 attackers? Had there been people jumping on the train with burning scraps of fabric? Had there been more than one person to pull the emergency line? 

And - first of all - what would have been a logic motivation for doing such an attack (if there had been one).

In two days, this movie may give some answers...but will theses answers be the right ones? Or will it just be a narrated interpretation of a true event?

If this movie is already compared with the veracity of TKF and TKS, then it will use emotions as a trigger to support a certain agenda.

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago