YoMomma thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Hi all,

I can't believe of all the things, KKB third generation leap has brought me back on this website but I just needed a place to talk about this show. 

Well, I'm absolutely ENJOYING it...for now! I used to watch it in the beginning when the second leap happened aka the beginning of Ranbir and Prachi's story. I quit watching soon after (maybe 6 months in or so) because Rhea's psycho-ness was too much to bear.

ANYWAY BACK TO THIS NEW GENERATION -

I stumbled upon this show randomly because of a clip I saw on insta. It was the promo of Purvi's engagement with Ashutosh and RV coming to save her and I was like WHOA who's that good-looking guy in the yellow jacket? smiley3 And that was it...since then I've been hooked. I actually started watching from the engagement episode but got curious so went back and watched it from the beginning aka when this new leap started. Loved all the episodes when RV and Purvi were stuck in the dressing room and even their date episodes (and dance) were cute affff. Yeah sure, the show drags A LOT but there are no better Indian shows on TV currently. They're all shitty. At least this one has eye candy haha. 

It's Abrar Qazi for me tbh. I can't believe I've never heard of him before or seen any of his previous shows BUT DAMNNN I cannot take my eyes off of him every time he comes on screen. He's SO good-looking. SO charming. And so is RV. smiley36 I'm loving RV and Purvi's story so far. They're a cute on-screen pair. Their marriage track was so dragged out for no damn reason but of course that is Ekta's style. Glad that's over with. 

And HOLY SHIIIIII the precap for February 2nd has got me SO excited!!! Abrar is SUCH a good actor omg. From looking like Purvi's goody two shoes RV he goes to looking like a crazy guy out for blood. LOLL green flag to red flag real quick. His expressions in the precap were so funny to me. He's like, finally I got you guys after all that drama. smiley36 

I cannot wait for the backstory and all the flashbacks. I think some part of RV's reality started coming out - to me, as a viewer - as soon as the wedding episodes started. When Purvi was coming down the stairs as the bride, he was looking at her so weirdly and so was his mom. Idk what that was. That's when I was like, so finally the facade is coming off. 

So I have a prediction about what might have happened with RV and Khushi in the past - 

I think at one point, they were in "love" or something and were supposed to get married. I don't think in the past RV or his family were wealthy. Khushi probably got cold feet because she wanted to marry rich and RV wasn't about to give her all that because he couldn't. She probably didn't want to live with his big family either. Sooooo....she framed him for something. It must've been something really bad if the cops got involved and he (and his mom especially) are so traumatized by it till date. Dowry? Mental harassment? Forced marriage? Idk...could be anything. Whatever might have happened...I don't think Khushi ever let her family know about her relationship with RV or that she was going to get married to him at one point. Yug is another character (that I love) who seems unaware of the past. 

^ Thoughts? 

Aaaaand now...RV is trying to get back at Khushi by hurting someone she loves very much - her sister. He probably also made sure he became rich to show Khushi. I hope he doesn't turn TOO negative though because right now, he's just sooo perfect. A little too perfect, actually. I really want him to genuinely fall in love with Purvi. And SOON. Speaking of Purvi, she's so annoyingly naive and I hope her character develops in a better way. 

Are we supposed to think that RV faked everything with Purvi??? I hope at least SOMEWHERE he has developed real feelings but hasn't realized it yet. When he saved her from Jasbir for the first time during the Diwali episodes, I think he genuinely fell for her then. And before that, when she cleaned his car windows. I think right after he saw Khushi saving Purvi from the fire, he lost his shit. Even his expressions changed in that particular scene. 

Khushi and RV are probably going to try to one up each other now and Purvi will suffer as a result. I think eventually when RV genuinely falls in love with Purvi, Khushi will start to turn negative and will want her sister's life for herself. She'll probably realize what she missed out on. It seems like she's already unhappy in her rich married life anyway. That's when I'll probably quit watching the show because this whole "two sisters one man" shit is not my cup of tea. smiley36

Also, I think RV's mom is aware of his plans. She acts way too fishy and was ok with the wedding being rushed so much. At one point I also thought Ashutosh agreed to "cheat" on Purvi on RV's saying...especially the way he was goading on RV to marry Purvi after the riot episodes. But nah...he's too dumb of a character. Maybe that girl he was caught with was paid by RV to be caught with Ashutosh. I also think that RV definitely had a hand in the riot fiasco and the video clip thing. 

ANYWAYY...is anyone else watching the show these days and maybe liking it too? 

FYI y'all, pray for Purvi. She just can't catch a break with the men in her life. smiley36 Poor girl is going to be SO heartbroken when she finds out that RV was just using her this entire time for his own agenda...and that everything wrong happening with her was actually caused by him ONLY so he could portray himself as her/her family's savior. 

Edited by YoMomma - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I also had not known abrar till i swa ruhi in Yeh hai chahtein than after few episodes abrar met ruhi (rudraksh khurana met ruhi khurana) and they both just had great chemistry first as friends than as father and daughter. 

Than i saw last 2 years episodes of Yeh hai chahtein and ghatbandan and abrar OTT movie etc and hes a brilliant actor 

Specifically his serial ghatbandan is the best serial to come on TV in last decade story wise or character uniqueness wise and abrar acting is soul of serial  from gangster to lover boy to one who forcefully marries dhanak parekh to helping her achieve her dreams of IPS etc to leaving underworld and becoming a vada pav seller etc hes just brilliant in each character. If you want to watch his brilliant acting start with ghatbandan because he shows wide range of acting skills that no ITV hero or bollywood hero has done for long(after manoj bajpai or irfan not others). Its even better range than Kum kum bhagya now. Abrar is very good as angry young man hes like Amitabh bachchan or sunny deol in angry young man roles(if you hv to compare bollywood guys). And i am waiting for his angry young man avtaar in kumkum bhagya to unleash to watch his angst and anger. 

I do not watch any ITV serials very rarely do i watch that too 6 months or a year than stop watching. In last 20 years i have watched only 6 serials and 3 are abrar serials (ghatbandan, YHC, kumkum bhagya now). And ghatandan story and his acting is so good specially first 150 episodes that you cannot stop watching it again and again. Its like those classic movies pyasa, guide, jane bhi do yarooo etc that you want to watch again and again and again  

Yeh hai chahtein again is good bt after a year gets boring like all ekta shows. But wait for 1.5 years to complete on show and ruhi khurana lands up on show with Rudraksh and again brilliant chemistry of abrar and kid actor. You would not have seen such father-daughter chemistry for decades even in Bollywood forget ITV. They both light up screen every time they come anda gain like ghatbandan you cannot take your eyes of abrar and that child actor even if 10 other actors are there in scene. 

What i truly miss in kumkum bhagya is one 

1) abrar and his parents fight and angst like other 2 shows. IN YHC abrar always fight with his father balraj and they are highlight scenes of show. In ghatbandan abrar always has fight with his mom. 

2) I miss his fights with heroine FL 

3) I miss a child actor with abrar 

4) I miss a strong villein like ghatbandan ACP tawde or his own mom-dad or in YHC balraj and mahima and yuvraj pillai or armaan thakur. 

Edited by myviewprem - 2 months ago
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: YoMomma

Hi all,

I can't believe of all the things, KKB third generation leap has brought me back on this website but I just needed a place to talk about this show. 

Well, I'm absolutely ENJOYING it...for now! I used to watch it in the beginning when the second leap happened aka the beginning of Ranbir and Prachi's story. I quit watching soon after (maybe 6 months in or so) because Rhea's psycho-ness was too much to bear.

ANYWAY BACK TO THIS NEW GENERATION -

I stumbled upon this show randomly because of a clip I saw on insta. It was the promo of Purvi's engagement with Ashutosh and RV coming to save her and I was like WHOA who's that good-looking guy in the yellow jacket? smiley3 And that was it...since then I've been hooked. I actually started watching from the engagement episode but got curious so went back and watched it from the beginning aka when this new leap started. Loved all the episodes when RV and Purvi were stuck in the dressing room and even their date episodes (and dance) were cute affff. Yeah sure, the show drags A LOT but there are no better Indian shows on TV currently. They're all shitty. At least this one has eye candy haha. 

It's Abrar Qazi for me tbh. I can't believe I've never heard of him before or seen any of his previous shows BUT DAMNNN I cannot take my eyes off of him every time he comes on screen. He's SO good-looking. SO charming. And so is RV. smiley36 I'm loving RV and Purvi's story so far. They're a cute on-screen pair. Their marriage track was so dragged out for no damn reason but of course that is Ekta's style. Glad that's over with. 

And HOLY SHIIIIII the precap for February 2nd has got me SO excited!!! Abrar is SUCH a good actor omg. From looking like Purvi's goody two shoes RV he goes to looking like a crazy guy out for blood. LOLL green flag to red flag real quick. His expressions in the precap were so funny to me. He's like, finally I got you guys after all that drama. smiley36 

I cannot wait for the backstory and all the flashbacks. I think some part of RV's reality started coming out - to me, as a viewer - as soon as the wedding episodes started. When Purvi was coming down the stairs as the bride, he was looking at her so weirdly and so was his mom. Idk what that was. That's when I was like, so finally the facade is coming off. 

So I have a prediction about what might have happened with RV and Khushi in the past - 

I think at one point, they were in "love" or something and were supposed to get married. I don't think in the past RV or his family were wealthy. Khushi probably got cold feet because she wanted to marry rich and RV wasn't about to give her all that because he couldn't. She probably didn't want to live with his big family either. Sooooo....she framed him for something. It must've been something really bad if the cops got involved and he (and his mom especially) are so traumatized by it till date. Dowry? Mental harassment? Forced marriage? Idk...could be anything. Whatever might have happened...I don't think Khushi ever let her family know about her relationship with RV or that she was going to get married to him at one point. Yug is another character (that I love) who seems unaware of the past. 

^ Thoughts? 

Aaaaand now...RV is trying to get back at Khushi by hurting someone she loves very much - her sister. He probably also made sure he became rich to show Khushi. I hope he doesn't turn TOO negative though because right now, he's just sooo perfect. A little too perfect, actually. I really want him to genuinely fall in love with Purvi. And SOON. Speaking of Purvi, she's so annoyingly naive and I hope her character develops in a better way. 

Are we supposed to think that RV faked everything with Purvi??? I hope at least SOMEWHERE he has developed real feelings but hasn't realized it yet. When he saved her from Jasbir for the first time during the Diwali episodes, I think he genuinely fell for her then. And before that, when she cleaned his car windows. I think right after he saw Khushi saving Purvi from the fire, he lost his shit. Even his expressions changed in that particular scene. 

Khushi and RV are probably going to try to one up each other now and Purvi will suffer as a result. I think eventually when RV genuinely falls in love with Purvi, Khushi will start to turn negative and will want her sister's life for herself. She'll probably realize what she missed out on. It seems like she's already unhappy in her rich married life anyway. That's when I'll probably quit watching the show because this whole "two sisters one man" shit is not my cup of tea. smiley36

Also, I think RV's mom is aware of his plans. She acts way too fishy and was ok with the wedding being rushed so much. At one point I also thought Ashutosh agreed to "cheat" on Purvi on RV's saying...especially the way he was goading on RV to marry Purvi after the riot episodes. But nah...he's too dumb of a character. Maybe that girl he was caught with was paid by RV to be caught with Ashutosh. I also think that RV definitely had a hand in the riot fiasco and the video clip thing. 

ANYWAYY...is anyone else watching the show these days and maybe liking it too? 

FYI y'all, pray for Purvi. She just can't catch a break with the men in her life. smiley36 Poor girl is going to be SO heartbroken when she finds out that RV was just using her this entire time for his own agenda...and that everything wrong happening with her was actually caused by him ONLY so he could portray himself as her/her family's savior. 

Do not worry in all of abrar previous serial abrar hates his FL like crazy more than he hates purvi here 

In YHC he thinks FL has killed his brother and sends her to gallows than marries her to get custody of his brothers kid from her

IN YHC first night he wants to rape FL for killing his brother (i mean its that bad hatred which is not there in Kumkum bhagya) and abrar and sargun fight like cats and dogs and a 6-7 year old child has to play referee always to stop them (their adopted kid). It looked more like kid is parent and the ML FL were kids the way they were trying to get one up on each other before and after marriage. I am sure kumkum bhagya will have such scenes too except this FL is too docile and soft and naive how will she plan all those revenge on hubby to get back at him every time? And there is no kid as refree to stop their fights which i think dadaji and dadi will do that role here but it would be more fun if kid was there.   

But than later when he falls in love with FL hes best lover hubby human around he becomes like prince salim ready to fight mighty emperor and his army  can go any length to help his lady love or wife and take on entire world for his FL 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjGqgyPRfYk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zQyfV2OYos

myviewprem thumbnail

siince you never watched abrar acting uploading few scenes above and this post of his acting scenes 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=896y6L9yd1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6CIR_57kZ4

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

I'm glad Abrar's performance is being highlighted here because I feel like despite all the success he's received through YHC, Abrar is still such an underrated actor! We all know that it looks very odd whenever shows have leaps where the lead's grown-up child is played by someone who's around the same age as them, but Abrar is one actor who I feel was able to make even that aspect of his character believable. He seemed so natural and at ease playing Kashvi's dad (and Shagun Sharma definitely played into the more childlike side of Kashvi in response!) and I just have never seen any other actor pull something like that off so easily. Like, even Prachi at times feels more like a big sister to Purvi and Khushi than their mother.

Edited by foreverlazy - 2 months ago
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: foreverlazy

I'm glad Abrar's performance is being highlighted here because I feel like despite all the success he's received through YHC, Abrar is still such an underrated actor! We all know that it looks very odd whenever shows have leaps where the lead's grown-up child is played by someone who's around the same age as them, but Abrar is one actor who I feel was able to make even that aspect of his character believable. He seemed so natural and at ease playing Kashvi's dad (and Shagun Sharma definitely played into the more childlike side of Kashvi in response!) and I just have never seen any other actor pull something like that off so easily. Like, even Prachi at times feels more like a big sister to Purvi and Khushi than their mother.

Very true i never felt abrar is just 30 years and playing the role of a 25-30 year old girl and looked convincing as a 55-60 year old actually 

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Very true i never felt abrar is just 30 years and playing the role of a 25-30 year old girl and looked convincing as a 55-60 year old actually 

I was so taken aback by it! I remember a lot of people criticizing the father-daughter dynamic because they just didn't like the leap but I was like, can we please at least give credit where it's due?

anandhi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I must say, I am liking it more now. All this dragging and snoozeworthy episodes were worth it. Also, very interesting that even most of the family is involved in the plan other than yug and dadaji I think? Clearly Khushi's self preservation beats her instincts to save purvi so she will not expose RV now as she will also get exposed. Interesting dynamic. Poor purvi but now I can kind of see why they wrote her as way too innocent, hopefully she gets fierce too

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: anandhi007

I must say, I am liking it more now. All this dragging and snoozeworthy episodes were worth it. Also, very interesting that even most of the family is involved in the plan other than yug and dadaji I think? Clearly Khushi's self preservation beats her instincts to save purvi so she will not expose RV now as she will also get exposed. Interesting dynamic. Poor purvi but now I can kind of see why they wrote her as way too innocent, hopefully she gets fierce too

Dadaji dadi and yug have no idea 

even nupur seems innocent no idea of any plan