Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

Thanks for starting the thread!

G259 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

Thanks for starting the thread!

Welcomesmiley27.I think this is probably going to be the last threadsmiley36.The show might end soon.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Ultimately the show is sticking to its theme of ego or ‘mein’. MJ let go of her mein and made her way to Zaid’s heart. Ayra had Zaid’s love but her mein drifted them apart. It’s only Zaid’s mein which we are yet to see and will be the deciding factor.

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Congratulations on New thread 

G259 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

More tags

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

From the last thread...On Ayra being conveniently written as 'scheming'.

Scheming is a very weird term there. .

She was retaliating. She tried to reason with Asif but she will never come down even while trying to get in good terms with her in laws like her bhaabhi suggested. 

Ayra is too proud. If she really wants to make it up with Zaid's father, firstly her reason should be the right one. It's not because she loves Zaid or she wants to make it easy for him. She is doing it for HERSELF.  This is the thing about the writing which I feel most viewers are not turning into. If someone got Ayra's character properly from the first few episodes, there is continuity in her actions. 

Her reasons for reconciliation attempt was selfish. 

She has always been shown to be too proud of herself, that someone has to adjust for her .. these two traits are written as her negative traits, but somehow a section of the audience caught it as a positive trait, that's why there's suddenly this irrationality that appears to some. 

Ayra is selfish, Ayra is proud.

Therefore she won't apologize or explain herself or see anyone else's view point.

As far as she is concerned, she did the biggest favour to Zaid by marrying him... everything that followed, be it the 5 Cr thing or her joining rival group or not picking his calls is all part of that package she signed with Zaid though he didn't see any of this coming. That's why there is no love story there. Shippers of that couple want them together only because they want justice for her...rightly said , justice for her doesn't lie in this marriage...what's the point when neither she nor Zaid is acting like a couple in love. 

Ayra making up the fake story - is to spite Asif. Yes, it was too extreme writing, but she has lied to her bhaabhi many times before....so she is capable of pulling a stunt like this too in extreme hatred. She thought she'd teach him a lesson, because she's too proud to remember he can be very severe with her. Sharing that story with Zaid ...what was the intention behind that? Really, what was the intention behind that? It was pure meanness to make him upset. Obviously she didn't mean to follow up on this wife story...it was supposed to be a one time act ...to show Asif she can play his game too. If Zaid had not called her then she wouldn't have involved him. The writer seems to have used that scene to also showcase her meanness where she was ignoring his calls throughout, but used the opportunity she could to get back at him. In spite of what happened to her, I do hope the writer decides to follow up on that inherent trait of hers that has put her where she is....she is blind to her faults, the audience is not. She thinks she's justified so long as her crimes are lesser than the others, karma might think differently. So I really hope Ayra won't be whitewashed finally because of her victim status. 

What the writer has done is to use gray characters to question the audience's sense of righteousness and justice...yes, some fans may be watching only for the actors, but there is a section that can see the story is moving. 

arshi1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

(Strictly my opinion)My take on Mub-

Her transformation is quite evident(n it’s a work in progress),she’s toned down significantly to make this marriage work.Post Ayra’s entry into the Khan household,I see no wild episodes ,she’s trying to keep her cool, and it also helps that Z’s not poking the bear😊. Z’s retaliation used to trigger her so much during the initial days of their marriage but there’s a shift now.But let’s keep it real, she’s not turning into a saint overnight. She’s still the tough, get-it-done type.N rich folks don’t suddenly get a moral compass, moral high ground takes time. But is that the transformation that I want to see in her? NO. I want her living on her terms,society be damned.If her and Z r in it for real, they should give this marriage a shot-No dad manipulations,just genuine vibes.I want her to forgive her mom and drop the bitterness.I want her to stand by Ayra.But at the same time,I don’t want her to be whitewashed, it’s ok for a complicated/complex morally grey girl to grab her happy ending! Fiction doesn’t always need to impart lessons.I want her to embrace her complexities/chaos without being bound by any external pressures/expectations.

NazneenA thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: arshi1983

(Strictly my opinion)My take on Mub-

Her transformation is quite evident(n it’s a work in progress),she’s toned down significantly to make this marriage work.Post Ayra’s entry into the Khan household,I see no wild episodes ,she’s trying to keep her cool, and it also helps that Z’s not poking the bear😊. Z’s retaliation used to trigger her so much during the initial days of their marriage but there’s a shift now.But let’s keep it real, she’s not turning into a saint overnight. She’s still the tough, get-it-done type.N rich folks don’t suddenly get a moral compass, moral high ground takes time. But is that the transformation that I want to see in her? NO. I want her living on her terms,society be damned.If her and Z r in it for real, they should give this marriage a shot-No dad manipulations,just genuine vibes.I want her to forgive her mom and drop the bitterness.I want her to stand by Ayra.But at the same time,I don’t want her to be whitewashed, it’s ok for a complicated/complex morally grey girl to grab her happy ending! Fiction doesn’t always need to impart lessons.I want her to embrace her complexities/chaos without being bound by any external pressures/expectations.

Well said. I totally agree with you. You don't have to always watch dramas for a moral lesson. Grey people can have their happy ending as well, can have partners..