~*| The Artistic ALCHEMIST of the Month #2 |*~

Leenaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

“Every production of an artist should be the expression of an adventure of his soul.”

― W. Somerset Maugham

Hello everyone!

We are back again this month to celebrate two more inspiring creators.

One of them has swept winning positions in both Generic and Non-generic categories in the Chromatic Contest – Eternal Amoré.

And another has not only created the most competitive contender for winner in the said signature contest, but also inspired new creators by sharing PS tutorial and tips.

Both of them have won hearts with their mesmerising beautiful creations.

Katelyn and ExoticDisaster.

Meet  K a t e l y n and E x o t i c D i s a s t e r , the Artistic Alchemists of the Month! 

Let's take a moment to applaud these incredible artists and before we revisit some of their work and dig in deeper to get to know them.

Katelyn, we hope you like this small token of appreciation from our side.

Shirisha, we hope you like this small token of appreciation from our side.

Edited by Leenaaa - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Some captivating creations from our Artistic Alchemists of this month.

Get  r e a d y  to immerse yourself in a visual treat where each creation tells a unique story, and is a testament to the artistic brilliance we are about to witness. 

Creations by 

K a t e l y n

Creations by 

E x o t i c D i s a s t e r

(Creations gallery link)

(Tutorial link)

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 3 months ago
Leenaaa thumbnail

Read on as Katelyn candidly shares her journey of learning Photoshop through tutorials and navigating numerous trials and errors. Her growth is evident as she emerges as someone who creates magic with her work.

Q. How long have you been PSing, and how did you get started with making creations?

Katelyn: I started editing after 'Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?' ended because I missed the show so much. My creations were initially gifs set for Blast From The Past Thread.

A classic tale of post-show withdrawal leading to a beautiful creative addiction.

Q. Was there any initial challenge? If so, how did you overcome it?

Katelyn: I started out making gifs without the proper tool. Yikes! smiley36

Later, I had to learn how to make gifs and other creations with Photoshop by watching many tutorials and had to go through many trials and errors.

Ah, the iconic "Yikes!" moment. A trial by Photoshop fire, if you will smiley36

Q. What inspires you to create these beautiful stuff?

Katelyn: I get inspired by the various dramas that I've seen and loved.

Q. Which of your artworks are you most proud of?

Katelyn: I usually put a lot of efforts on my creations to the finest details so I can show them with confidence. If the images that I use have different coloring, saturation or brightness, I would spend the time to balance them so they all look uniform before coloring and placing the textures.

Wow! your attention to detail is admirable.

Q. Have you ever had artist's block? If yes, describe how you overcame it.

Katelyn: Yes, I've had artist's block on many occasions.

I sometimes get bored of making similar style creations so that made me try different creation style. Take a short break from PSing helps too.

Q. What useful hack or trick has really benefited you?

Katelyn: I think knowing the different tools in Photoshop is important. Using layer masking helps me blend the images better and gives me more control.

Layers—a creator's secret sauce.

It's like Photoshop has its own mystical language, and layer masking is the incantation smiley9

Q. Are there some trendy styles you dislike?

Katelyn: Not at all because the creations are based on the artist's moods and expressions.

Q. What areas would you love to explore more?

Katelyn: I'd love to explore digital drawings mainly the simple and cute style of Asian cartoons.

Ah, get ready for an adorable invasion of Asian-inspired cuteness in the art world!

Q. Any creator whose work you really admire?

Katelyn: There were many talented graphicers during IPKKND days. Their beautiful creations really motivated me. I was especially impressed by c3cilia's creations.

c3cilla if you are reading this, a shout-out to you!

Q. One advice for the newbie graphicers.

Katelyn: Please take the time to learn the tools in Photoshop. Practice makes perfect so keep on trying and exploring. If possible always use HD images for your creations.

Q. If you could instantly master a skill, what would it be and why?

K: I would love to be make beautiful music on the piano.

Q. One book or movie or series that you can read or watch for the rest of your life?

K: IPKKND will always be in my heart.

Q. What is your go-to comfort food or snack?

K: My go-to comfort food is any type of noodles such as ramen.

Q. Three things an artist should always have.

K: Patience, enjoys a challenge, creative.

Q. If you could have dinner with any celebrity, who would it be and why?

K: I have too many to choose from but at the same time I think I'd be too star-struck and nervous to dine with one. smiley36

Absolutely, can totally relate with the nervousness part smiley36

That was an amazing interview, Katelyn.

Thank you for interviewing with us!

Scroll to the next post for interview with Shirisha aka ExoticDisaster.

Edited by Leenaaa - 3 months ago
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Read on to know Shirisha, who blends humility, humor, and a relentless passion for PSing, as she candidly shares her journey including her early struggles of grappling with layers and masks.

Q. How long have you been PSing, and how did you get started with making creations?

Shiri: In 2015. I learnt to make banners first, in PS. And when I won Tashan-e-ishq banner contest in Dec 2015,there was no looking back. 

Winning a banner contest—talk about a catalyst for creative stardom! 

Q. Was there any initial challenge? If so, how did you overcome it?

Shiri: Oh yes, I had a hard time understanding the layers and masks use. Incorrect use of layers and masks can cause problems with color changes and opacity for beginners.

Q. What inspires you to create these beautiful stuff?

Shiri: Every other graphic maker, 'agar yeh kar sakte hain toh main kyun nahi!' And I keep pushing myself to do better. 

Inspiring! It’s like taking ‘panga' from complacency.

Q. Which of your artworks are you most proud of?

Shiri: Khud ki taarif khud kya karun 😅 but there are so many honestly. 

We are sure there must be too many to choose from 🤣

Q. Have you ever had artist's block? If yes, describe how you overcame it.

Shiri: Yes, I have faced on times when I get requests and suggestions for editing on actors I don't like 😅 Pata nahi kyun, but yahi hai 🙊

Q. What useful hack or trick has really benefited you? 

Shiri: I keep experimenting and get good results 😂 

The Picasso approach—experimentation equals masterpieces smiley36

Q. Are there some trendy styles you dislike?

Shiri: No. I feel everyone has there own style. And all of them are inspiring. 

Q. What areas would you love to explore more?

Shiri: Animation, stacking. I also want to re-learn merging gifs together. I used to make animated siggies but have been out of practice now. 

Q. Any creator whose work you really admire?

Shiri: Oh, the list is long. 

Koeli Dee, Nabila, Leena, Kriti, Nidhi, waymaker, Seher and my FFG Team. 

Q. One advice for the newbie graphicers.

Shiri: Just keep trying. Keep experimenting and you'll learn new things with each creations.

Q. If you could instantly master a skill, what would it be and why?

S: Hypnotism. I have learnt, but I want to master it to know all the secrets of people I want to know 🤣

We love the choice of skill you want to learn 🤣

Q. One book or movie or series that you can read or watch for the rest of your life?

S: Without a doubt, Harry Potter. 

Q. What is your go-to comfort food or snack?

S: Cold Pizza

Q. Three things an artist should always have.

- Patience - sometimes it takes hours to make a siggy Or Banner. But trust me, the time and efforts are clearly visible on the works

- Imagination - Imagine how you want the edit to look like, and trust me, if it doesn't turns out like your imagination than it would look better than that. 

-  Never leave your work incomplete, once you start it, complete it. 

Q. If you could have dinner with any celebrity, who would it be and why?

Virat Kohli! He has been my crush since Std. 9th smiley43

Aww, that’s so cute smiley9

Thank you interviewing with us and such beautiful answers.

We hope you all loved knowing these two talented and deserving Artistic Alchemists of the month.

If you want to ask more questions or grill Katelyn and Shirisha, now is your time. Over to you all!

Tags, divider: Leenaaa

Write-up, siggies: DreamOfEndless

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 3 months ago
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Congratulations Shiri and Katelyn 🥰🎉

Thanks for the lovely insights!

Keep up the great work ❤️

minakrish thumbnail

Congratulations Katelyn and Shiri!smiley31smiley40

Beautiful thread Tia!smiley42

priya185 thumbnail

Congratulations to both Shiri and Katelyn 

Enjoy

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Ahaa!! Congratulations Shiri and Katelyn! smiley27lovely creations!! 

Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Big thanks to Leena and Tiara. smiley31smiley31 Also congratulations to Shiri!  smiley32smiley10 What a beautiful thread this is with a great color theme! smiley27 Wonderful write-up and siggies by Tiara. Also I love the tags and divider by Leena. I find enjoyment from working on my creations, so getting this recognition is the icing on a cake. smiley4 Thanks to my friends and fellow fans of dramas for your support and encouragement over the years. smiley31smiley31

Edited by Katelyn - 3 months ago
Leenaaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

Big thanks to Leena and Tiara. smiley31smiley31 Also congratulations to Shiri!  smiley32smiley10 What a beautiful thread this is with a great color theme! smiley27 Wonderful write-up and siggies by Tiara. Also I love the tags and divider by Leena. I find enjoyment from working on my creations, so getting this recognition is the icing on a cake. smiley4 Thanks to my friends and fellow fans of dramas for your support and encourage over the years. smiley31smiley31

Congratulation on your recognition, Katelyn. You earned it <3

Glad you liked the colour theme and tags! <3 God knows how much I scratched my head to get the colour combosmiley36

Keep up the good work!!smiley27