RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

We've had a long break of these threads so a pleasant reminder that the role of Manjulika was originally offered to Aish before Vidya. Aish had reservations about playing a ghost so she rejected it. This is the second of two Vidya roles Aish was considered for, the other being Parineeta.

https://www.dnaindia.com/bollywood/report-not-vidya-balan-but-aishwarya-rai-rani-mukerji-were-originally-considered-to-play-manjulika-bhool-bhulaiyaa-3075203

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I don't know why she rejected it. She would be great in horror movies given he horrific performance as sunehri in Dhoom2. Now that was LIKE, some scary shit

Ami Like, Je Tomaar... Chhin chhin chhin 

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

That wud have ruined my fav movie. 

I think Vidya was perfect. She performed perfectly.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Why did Rani pass on it ? 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Remember she used to work exclusively with Yash Raj or Dharma back then. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

We've had a long break of these threads so a pleasant reminder that the role of Manjulika was originally offered to Aish before Vidya. Aish had reservations about playing a ghost so she rejected it. This is the second of two Vidya roles Aish was considered for, the other being Parineeta.

https://www.dnaindia.com/bollywood/report-not-vidya-balan-but-aishwarya-rai-rani-mukerji-were-originally-considered-to-play-manjulika-bhool-bhulaiyaa-3075203

Vidya was great in it. 

Aishwarya could have done the dancing properly like Shobhana, but acting in this would be quite difficult for her. I understand why she would have reservations playing a ghost. She is very subtle, and exaggerated expressions like of Manjulika would not have worked. 

I wish they had done the remake during Rekha's time. She's crazy enough to pull off both the acting (she loves exaggerated expressions) and the dancing. She could still do the role then, but now she always wants to call the shots on any production, so very few people give her offers. 

Vidya and Aish were considered for 3 roles. Actually Deepika's cameo in Jawan was offered to both Vidya and Aish, Aish straight up said she was only working on PS for recent times so discussions barely progressed, but Vidya also backed out after being in initial discussions for a while. I think it's because she didn't want to do a flashback role but an actual role, which SRK doesn't really have the gumption to do as of now. He won't even work with the likes of Rani, which is a shame because she is younger than him. 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I don't know why she rejected it. She would be great in horror movies given he horrific performance as sunehri in Dhoom2. Now that was LIKE, some scary shit

Ami Like, Je Tomaar... Chhin chhin chhin 

Are you like, checking me out. 

The king and the poet:  packup, picture band. Single rahenge life time, but yeh nahi chahiye 🙏

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Not again. smiley11

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I love Ash, but Balan is a Vv talented actress. smiley36 Ash would’ve ruined it. Balan was perfect!

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Thank God, Rani did not do the role. Vidya was perfect for that role.