mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 3 months ago

What is so special about child forms of God & their incarnations?

Baal Krishna is so much loved by his devotees.

Our recent craze, Prince of Ayodhya- Ram lalla, is so, enchanting, man mohak. One look at him, gives a glimps of divinity. 

Do share your views on this unique subject.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I think because the age of child is the purest form of human age, unki soul sabse pure hoti hai And coming to child who's incarnation of God his soul is the soul of God without any human nature/flaws/habit, etc maybe that's why 🤔

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: RamAayeHain

I think because the age of child is the purest form of human age, unki soul sabse pure hoti hai And coming to child who's incarnation of God his soul is the soul of God without any human nature/flaws/habit, etc maybe that's why 🤔

One of the answer is "The Leela".

Or play, game. A child is full of energy. He just wants to play. He is happy, smiles, sometimes without any reason. His innocence attracts others. When Divine is in child's form, all his actions have some purpose. Even their grown-up form adopts the playfuly activity. Otherwise life will be quite boring.

Edited by mnx12 - 3 months ago
BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

The myth of Mārkaṇḍeya finding a baby on a banyan tree's branch while the world was submerged in flood (Mahābhārata, Āraṇyakaparvan chapter 186) may be one of the earliest examples of the God-as-Child darśana. In this story, the child obviously represents the potential of a safe new world in the midst of destruction and relentless suffering.

It is a paradox that while the world has been destroyed without any future in sight, and Mārkaṇḍeya is hungry and tired, he finds the most helpless and dependent life form, a baby that should need someone to feed it, calmly resting and offering him shelter.

Drawn inside the baby's body, Mārkaṇḍeya finds the world as if it had never been destroyed. Baby = new creation.

In the iconography of the Goddesses of the Directions, it is Pūrvā Dik = East who appears as a baby. Events like sunrise and moonrise that mark new beginnings come from this direction.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 2 months ago
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 months ago

I think it's the narration & depiction overall, tbh. Child-like innocence, happy, smiling faces, and all. I think it's corresponding to the baal-leela of the stories. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

I don't have a lot of knowledge on this culturally, but personally, I think because they teach you to live life with a intrigue to find the happiness in the smallest things, and face adversities with the forever learning perspective like a little child does. All of the murthis (idols) usually have a smiling persona, which gives santhosh to the heart when you look at them 🙏