Posted: 1 months ago

I thought I lived in a secular country.

There are far bigger concerns like economy, global warming, and lack of jobs.

I believe in spirituality, not organized religion.

And it saddens me to see India going down this path.

IIT's and IIM's to remain closed on Monday for the construction of Ram Mandir.

I may get a lot of flak for this post, but I do feel all this is wrong.

Thoughts/opinions??

Edited by Minionite - 1 months ago

Being secular also means being happy in others happiness.

Let them enjoy it's a big day for them as they feel Ram ji is returning from vanvaas after 500yrs. Nothing to feel bad about it. 

If that happiness comes at the cost of demolishing another religious institution and spreading hatred against other religion, it is wrong.

I believe in both spirituality and religion(Hinduism). But i don't support political meddling in religion. 

Originally posted by mintyblue

If that happiness comes at the cost of demolishing another religious institution and spreading hatred against other religion, it is wrong.

It was wrong for Muslim rulers to break temple n build mosque on same site. They could have build at different site.

We should abide by supreme court ruling n not feel bitter about it. Also God is everywhere we don't need mosque or temple or church or gurudwara to worship God.

But if someone is happy let them be happy they r not insulting other religions currently.

When masjid will be built muslims too can celebrate.

Edited by naaznin - 1 months ago

There was a temple. We have read this in history books. Muslim emperor destroyed it.

Well, I have never read this in any history book.

The evidence supporting the existence of such a temple is largely based on religious texts and traditions rather than conclusive archaeological evidence.

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/ram-temple-existed-before-babri-mosque-in-ayodhya-archaeologist-kk-muhammed/articleshow/71391712.cms

ASI report was submitted in supreme court. There were many muslims in team n wrote the report so no point in debating whether there was temple or not.

Edited by naaznin - 1 months ago

Indeed it's a shame but for very different reasons.

I could expand on those reasons but that might fetch me a WL and some might start playing a victim card. Plus I don't want to spoil my mood for tomorrow's festivities..... So, I'll leave it on the mods for a while.