chaichaichai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Who is writing these storylines and dialogues? Nothing makes any sense. Are there no women writers left in ITV? Who is writing these women characters? There's so much contridaction in this show it's insane.

The Poddars are supposed to be a well-to-do educated family, but their whole mentality is so backward.

Dadisa can go to the office but no other women can? smiley39

What is Ruhi's character supposed to be in this show? I still can't figure out if she's an actual idiot or playing dumb? "Awww Charu, you can't be a lawyer? Come do some colouring in therapy with me" smiley37

Manisha: Aww Abhira I like you, no I hate you, I'll listen to you, I won't listen to you.

Vidya is an absolute dodo.

Indian Serials have regressed so much since the good old days. Where are the regular women? They don't even need to be strong - just regular would be fine in this casesmiley36

Note to writers: Do better.

Edit Update:

I don't really think producers or channels care about what the audience want - it's all about investments & profits (understandably so, but in this case it's detracting from the actual substance) - it's all about money money money from advertising, product placement, collabs, fashion, set design etc.

Everything is stretched out over weeks.

Content is no longer king.

Zero substance, zero storyline, zero progression.

I wonder if the actors feel any shame or embarrassment from the lines they're given?

Edited by chaichaichai - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kuttinu thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

True that

I also feel the same. The mind set of yeh rishta characters have beet set in 18 th century. Y can't charu be a competition for Arman. Y can't phuphasa think like that. I really wonder.

Gen 1 was much better like they evolved as time passed. Akshara took care of her family n business. But now her great great grand child has to fight to study. 

Aadi04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

I totally agree in the last 3 generations they showed women working. ..,Infact the birlas the whole family had doctors .. Akshara was pursuing a singing career .. and over here they have gone back 30 years .. Abhira mocked Armaan nicely calling them fossil

firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

I stopped watching itv from long time and decided lets give rishta a chance during gen 3. I realized i am not meant for itv shows. It's so downgraded since old era. I feel even audience like these kind of downgraded content and does not support no toxic shows. Itv will never improve untill these legacy shows end. As in order to give competition to these legacy shows other shows brings pathetic track and in order to keep this legacy shows running as it's stable source of income for makers they can do anything. smiley36 

livelytanu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

You forgot the most important part. A woman needs to get married to be protected. Otherwise log kahenge yeh rishta kya kehlata hain. The entire Poddar family are museum material. Unfortunately Abhira is stuck there. 

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Apt. It has boiled down to just viewing. Tum gaali do ya Achcha bolo, as long as you tune in to watch the show, everything is secondary 

daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

Apt. It has boiled down to just viewing. Tum gaali do ya Achcha bolo, as long as you tune in to watch the show, everything is secondary 

Basic. Bottomline. Discussion khatam. 

Edited by daydreamers - 3 months ago
nutmeg7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: daydreamers

Basic. Bottomline. Discussion khatam. 

Yeh toh hamara roz ka kaam hai bro smiley39

firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Originally posted by: livelytanu

You forgot the most important part. A woman needs to get married to be protected. Otherwise log kahenge yeh rishta kya kehlata hain. The entire Poddar family are museum material. Unfortunately Abhira is stuck there. 

Maine S1 and S2 nahi dekha and s3 more than watching the epis i have heard stories of s1 and s2. Based on my analysis rishta main no matter whats the ocassion marriage is the only solution. 

1. Shadi ho.

2. Career banana ho 

3. Baccha paalna ho 

4. protection chahiye toh 

5. bacche ko completee family dena hai toh. 

6. kisi ki death hui toh shadi 

7. Apne ex ko taadna ho toh shadi

no matter kuch bhi ho shadi is v. v. v. v. v. v. Importantsmiley36

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Originally posted by: Kuttinu

True that

I also feel the same. The mind set of yeh rishta characters have beet set in 18 th century. Y can't charu be a competition for Arman. Y can't phuphasa think like that. I really wonder.

Gen 1 was much better like they evolved as time passed. Akshara took care of her family n business. But now her great great grand child has to fight to study. 

it’s actually all about control…dadisa wants to control everything and everybody..she’s also,a hypocrite…she goes out and encourages outside girls to study and work..but her own family girls are suppressed..because yes..why is she running around and attending events..she’s CEO At poddar law firm..so that’s also jobs..so her rules don’t apply to her.. anyway Abhira will reform her and that phufasa 😂