Posted: 3 months ago

I know she is a big star in the South but why Bollywood never took her seriously? She is very pretty. Much better than most Bollywood actresses we have now. She is tall, beautiful, fit and has every criteria for Bollywood. So why her career never took in Bollywood? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

And she is dating some Bollywood actor now right?

Edited by Bird32 - 3 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Time to make it big is still there 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bird32

I know she is a big star in the South but why Bollywood never took her seriously? She is very pretty. Much better than most Bollywood actresses we have now. She is tall, beautiful, fit and has every criteria for Bollywood. So why her career never took in Bollywood? 

She has very creepy fans so she was not popular in films besides being a "mass heroine" which she did in the South any way. She has some fans for her relationship with VV, and her OTT ventures in Hindi have done decent. I think she's okay looking but her USP is her fair skin which makes her unique in the South. North may not see the same appeal/ 

I think her uniqueness is that she's a great dancer compared to who we have in Bollywood rn, South plays a major emphasis on dancing. She did not get roles that the public liked. Asin actually made it big for quite a bit in Bollywood. She had that face too that was incredibly unique for North viewers. 

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Awful voice. Sounds manly.

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

She has very creepy fans so she was not popular in films besides being a "mass heroine" which she did in the South any way. She has some fans for her relationship with VV, and her OTT ventures in Hindi have done decent. I think she's okay looking but her USP is her fair skin which makes her unique in the South. North may not see the same appeal/ 

I think her uniqueness is that she's a great dancer compared to who we have in Bollywood rn, South plays a major emphasis on dancing. She did not get roles that the public liked. Asin actually made it big for quite a bit in Bollywood. She had that face too that was incredibly unique for North viewers. 

But Bollywood also likes light skin color. Otherwise, Katrina Kaif would never make big in Bollywood. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

But Bollywood also likes light skin color. Otherwise, Katrina Kaif would never make big in Bollywood. 

Katrina has very good chemistry with her costars. I think maybe the only exception is SRK. That's one trait not every one had, otherwise Zarine Khan would be more relevant. 

Katrina became popular off luck but also because big banners worked with her knowing she could do chemistry. Was she good at acting (by any stretch?) - no. She got incredibly likeable roles nowadays no one will get though. 

I'm saying this as someone who wants to like her but she's been an incredible disappointment w/o the big star barrier. 

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Perhaps it wasn't her Tamanaah to make it big in the industry. Plus, how can anyone associated with a film like Humshakals make it big?

Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Bcz making big in BW is not a halwa. 

Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Just red this main post

@bold

Small correction: She was a big star in the South once upon a time, but not anymore. Her time ended atleast in TW much longer back. 

She was never considered tall in TW, she was considered average height, just saying. 

Beauty has nothing to do with making big in BW I guess? Otherwise there were many beauties who got chucked out from BW before. 

She was a good actress in Telugu, but she had a tendency to overact sometimes and also she had no lucky leg like Samantha or Rashmika so she had lot of disasters in TW after a point which led to her chucking out from TW. 

Now when she couldn't even sustain her luck at BO in TW, I can't expect it from her in BW. So no wonder she got chucked out from BW too. 

BTW in Shaitan hawan's words, is she a Nepo kid or Non-Nepo kid? That also decides the fate in BW I guess? Atleast that's what I heard or red in this forum. 

Edited by Newbird - 3 months ago