Users

Frequent Posters

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Ayodhya Archers

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: vaidharbhi95

Jabali as nastik

What is it with Jabali's representation guys ? Many people consider it interpolation  in valmiki ramayan right ?

Thoughts?

Translation from Wiki

I denounce the action mentioned below, of my father, who picked up you as his councilor-priest, a staunch unbeliever, who has not only stayed away from the path of dharma but whose mind is set on a wrong path opposed to the Vedic path, nay who is moving about in this world with such an ideology conforming to the doctrine of Chaarvaaka, who believes only in the world of senses as has been set forth in your foregoing speech.

It is a well-known fact that a follower of Buddha deserves to be punished precisely as a thief [because such a heretic robs people of their faith in a Vedically moral universe]; and know a nastika to be on a par with a Buddhist.

My doubt is how can Ram be talking of Budha when he is from Kaliyug and not treta yug .

Does jabali occur in tulsidas ji ramayan or any other version ?

I am hearing this for the first time actually

I have still not reached that part of story in my book neither I have heard about Buddhism in treta yug. 

When I had visited Sarath temple in Varanasi a monk had told me buddha had taken many janams before enlighten World with knowledge, I assumed he meant all the previous incarnations but maybe there's more to it

vaidharbhi95 thumbnail
Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RamAayeHain

I am hearing this for the first time actually

I have still not reached that part of story in my book neither I have heard about Buddhism in treta yug. 

When I had visited Sarath temple in Varanasi a monk had told me buddha had taken many janams before enlighten World with knowledge, I assumed he meant all the previous incarnations but maybe there's more to it

Interesting . Never heard something like that .  But then toh in his previous birth he  may not have talked about atheism na ? 

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Ayodhya Archers

Interesting . Never heard something like that .  But then toh in his previous birth he  may not have talked about atheism na ? 

I don't think that atheism and the atheism right now is the same one 🤔 and also if you read the section of Ram's response in Wikipedia page they're telling that also seems like a later addition smiley36

But I will research more about it, it does seem very intresting 

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

hello,
I hope it's ok to ask this here, but I'm looking for a very good translated version of Ramayan (in english)in simplified language if possible. My only knowledge of the story is through my grandmother, Amar Chitra Katha (in childhood) and SKR. I wanted to read a full version of the story, can someone please guide me.

cuteamanboy thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

regarding jabali i have read but don't remember exact details but yes there are many things in valmiki ramayan which contradict 

sita saying hurtful words to lakshman and bharat during golden deer incident 

ram asking sita to stay anywhere she wishes may marry lakshman and bharat during fire test 

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Ayodhya Archers

Originally posted by: Tani91

hello,
I hope it's ok to ask this here, but I'm looking for a very good translated version of Ramayan (in english)in simplified language if possible. My only knowledge of the story is through my grandmother, Amar Chitra Katha (in childhood) and SKR. I wanted to read a full version of the story, can someone please guide me.

Valmiki Ramayan translated by Bibek Debroy is good if you buy it online it'll be easy to read with online dictionary for some unique English words and it has good glossary as well 

vaidharbhi95 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tani91

hello,

This is one good resource that I found

https://www.valmiki.iitk.ac.in/

vaidharbhi95 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cuteamanboy

regarding jabali i have read but don't remember exact details but yes there are many things in valmiki ramayan which contradict 

sita saying hurtful words to lakshman and bharat during golden deer incident 

ram asking sita to stay anywhere she wishes may marry lakshman and bharat during fire test 

WTH . Heart bleeds reading this 

That's a beautiful depiction of Bharat...a must watch for all the Ramayan lovers.

Listen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_EduPBmERY

DiamondLife thumbnail

Will Jabali create problem regarding Sitaji after they return from Vanvaas?