Poll

Better debut perfromance?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 months ago

In your opinion, considering factors such as character portrayal, on-screen presence, and the impact on the audience, which actress do you believe delivered a more remarkable debut performance? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Vidya, by miles.smiley20

Her debut was so effective that people to this day assume she is a Bengali by birth.

Kangana was good in her debut too, but her dialogue delivery was very poor. In fact, her voice has always been very screechy for my ears.

Only character that she has nailed (diction-wise) is Datto from TWMR, which Vidya could have never done.

Edited by diasingh2 - 3 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Vidya easily. Parineeta is my favorite of her movies and she had an outstanding debut in that. Her next few films after that were definitely not all that great or suitable choices for her, so it was the goodwill of Parineeta which helped her career last long enough to play roles that she was better tailored for.

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I’m genuinely surprised Tripti isn’t an optionsmiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Wasn't there some sort of spat between Parineeta and Paheli because Paheli was chosen to represent India at the Oscars instead?

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Wasn't there some sort of spat between Parineeta and Paheli because Paheli was chosen to represent India at the Oscars instead?

We always send mediocre bolly flicks instead of other regional flicks to the oscars (granted untill very recently only Bolly producers had the money to lobby hard for Oscars.)

The only bolly flick that could have actually won because it was that good (and also because Irrfan had great clout in International film festival circuits by then) was Lunchbox. And that year we sent an onscure and really meh regional film.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

We always send mediocre bolly flicks instead of other regional flicks to the oscars (granted untill very recently only Bolly producers had the money to lobby hard for Oscars.)

The only bolly flick that could have actually won because it was that good (and also because Irrfan had great clout in International film festival circuits by then) was Lunchbox. And that year we sent an onscure and really meh regional film.

The Lunchbox was a wonderful film. I think Dharma actually had distribution for it overseas so I'm surprised they didn't push to nominate it at the Oscars. It did get a BAFTA nomination (the British Oscars for anyone not familiar with those awards). Indian films have not had any luck when it comes to winning the Oscar for Best Foreign Picture.