Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 months ago

I posted this on Twitter. And I have said this many times before. 

The Indian movie industry and box office game sucks. There is no genuine love for cinema. Everything is focused on an actor or director's star power. Moviegoing audiences are divided. They blindly worship their favorite and rabidly tear down everyone else. It's just a toxic and unfortunate atmosphere. 

On the other hand, Barbenheimer brought such joy. Pure love for cinema. Cinema lovers celebrating good cinema. Even the stars joined in cross-promoting. Creators and actors uplifting and celebrating the craft and performance of other creators and actors. They were both unique and interesting films. Cinema lovers had a blast watching Barbenheimer. 

Dunki and Salaar could have learned from Barbenheimer. Unfortunately, it isn't so. It's just dog eat dog in India. 

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I posted this on Twitter. And I have said this many times before. 

The Indian movie industry and box office game sucks. There is no genuine love for cinema. Everything is focused on an actor or director's star power. Moviegoing audiences are divided. They blindly worship their favorite and rabidly tear down everyone else. It's just a toxic and unfortunate atmosphere. 

On the other hand, Barbenheimer brought such joy. Pure love for cinema. Cinema lovers celebrating good cinema. Even the stars joined in cross-promoting. Creators and actors uplifting and celebrating the craft and performance of other creators and actors. They were both unique and interesting films. Cinema lovers had a blast watching Barbenheimer. 

Dunki and Salaar could have learned from Barbenheimer. Unfortunately, it isn't so. It's just dog eat dog in India. 

exactly it’s who can outdue who. Rather than coexisting. Exactly these two movies were a joy

Originally posted by: cts22

SRK, Aamir and YRF have always known to play dirty it is pretty common. There definitely would have been some underhand business with PVR/INOX they just did not realise that Salaar had  a huge pull in south and was more likely to affect them 

You have to give it to Gadar 2 and OMG 2 to have really played it well. Both films saw success 

true. I been saying that both srk n Amir have used these tactics. I can go back to threads here years ago. 

UniqueChaos thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Wishful thinking. The game just started 

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Bangalore and Hyderabad may be metroplitan cities with sizable number of audience for Hindi films but when it comes to chosing between a high profile regional language film  and Hindi film it is the regional language film that wins over in those cities.

At the end of the day it is the audience for regional films is much bigger than Hindi film audience.

PVR inox may be the one who loses out if it doesn't allocate screens or if Salaar decides boycott PVR inox

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

All depends on how Dunki jumps by noon and evening shows. The programmers will be watching closely.

Dunki makers are showing their clout.Salaar makers are showing their muscle.

Finally the audience will decide.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Salaar doesn't need PIC.They will get what they want from PVR..

https://twitter.com/SalaarTheSaga/status/1737741923425943805

hasini009 thumbnail

Edgar Parungao Hahahaha Edgalatians Hahahaha GIF - Edgar Parungao Hahahaha Edgalatians Hahahaha Hahahaha GIFs

HaHaHa…..thread of the Yearsmiley36

Edited by hasini009 - 5 months ago

My sixth sense needs to be checked, its not working well from De 21 stsmiley38

Originally posted by: hasini009

Edgar Parungao Hahahaha Edgalatians Hahahaha GIF - Edgar Parungao Hahahaha Edgalatians Hahahaha Hahahaha GIFs

HaHaHa…..thread of the Yearsmiley36

Hahaha....Hasini.. You put an apt UN! smiley36