Prizi thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Though I've zero expectation

Bt plz jeet k aana boys

DiamondLife thumbnail

Thank you for the tag Raji smiley4

Best of luck team India.

I am very happy to see Sai Sudarshan in the team...hope he plays well...

Savera84 thumbnail

Good morning, Wanderers, and hello everybody else! The stadium will be painted green as India and South Africa start their ODI series with Pink Day, the iconic occasion in the South African cricket calendar that spreads awareness on Breast Cancer.

It also marks the return in the format that broke hearts in Ahmedabad and Kolkata, but also one in a T20 World Cup year, where the 50-over format usually takes a back seat. But even therein lies opportunities for various sub-plots to play out (as Karthik Krishnaswamy touches upon in his preview and the opportunity for new superstars of the format emerging at the start of a new, if still in its infancy, ODI World Cup cycle.

I'm Sreshth Shah, with Sidharth Monga joining us soon. How's everybody's Sunday looking?

kavya1994 thumbnail

Thanks for the tag.

Best of luck to both teams.

Happy to see Rajat and Sudarshan name in playing XI. Hoping them to score well in their debut ODI innings.

Savera84 thumbnail

The World Cup concluded less than a month ago. The next ODI World Cup will be played in this part of the world. But is it too early to prepare for that tournament? With the Super League now scrapped, the top ten teams will qualify for the tourney while the remaining four spots will be determined via a qualifier. With the T20 World Cup not too far away, there was a lot of focus on the T20I series which ended in a 1-1 stalemate. The 2-match Test series (Boxing Day Test and New Year's Test) will also attract a lot of eyeballs as it's under WTC. In between, we have a three-match ODI series. What's in store? Hello everyone and a warm welcome to the first ODI between South Africa and India.

Savera84 thumbnail

The South Africans will keep an eye on some talents in their search of a title-winning side at the 2025 Champions Trophy. India may get to see a lot more of B Sai Sudharsan, Rajat Patidar, Rinku Singh and, for many India fans, Sanju Samson! KL Rahul said at the press conference that Samson would bat at No.5 / 6.

Savera84 thumbnail

On one hand, we have the semifinalists of the recently-concluded World Cup, who haven't found a way to go past the semis. On the other hand, we have a team that failed to cross the final hurdle despite playing enviable cricket throughout the whole tournament. Have the wounds healed? Well, India have a young and a relatively inexperienced side. Only three players who were part of the Indian campaign in the WC are in this 16-member squad. South Africa too have omitted some key players to prepare for the Tests series. The hosts have a formidable batting line-up and there's plenty of experience there.

Savera84 thumbnail

We have an ODI debut for B Sai Sudharsan. KL Rahul handed him the cap. He averages 60+ in List A cricket. Conditions, though, are great at the moment.

Venkatesh : "I wish Sanju to open the innings with Ruthuraj… @Commentator : please make a note this" -- Not happening after that debut announcement. His role here is to put in some death-overs fireworks.