Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 months ago

It would be so interesting to get a review of the performances from people who don't know anything about the starkids beforehand...who would watch the movie with quasi no knowledge...at least not about the actors/actresses.

But as the movie comes only with subtitles and not with dubbing in foreign languages or only English, I somehow doubt that this is possible...

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Clochette

It would be so interesting to get a review of the performances from people who don't know anything about the starkids beforehand...who would watch the movie with quasi no knowledge...at least not about the actors/actresses.

I know one (16 yr) who have not much knowledge of srk even watched Archies cos her friends were discussing the movie. And her review was Suhana is no good.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Diya_Abhilasha

With a movie like highway she will be the next Aliasmiley16

No one would have guessed that Alia would become one of the top actresses of BW and a multiple award-winning actress after SOTY. Highway did a lot to mitigate some of damage done to her with SOTY. All Suhana needs is a Highway of her own and if Alia, the daughter of Mahesh Bhatt, could get those opportunities, then Suhana definitely will.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Part of the problem with The Archies was that the 50s/60s stylings did not suit Suhana at all. The hairstyle and clothes looked awful on her which is particularly a problem when your character is known for her fashion, glamour, and beauty.

Kareena and Alia got to play contemporary characters in clothes that suited them. 

And it wasn't just Suhana, I think all the girls looked awful. Khushi looks much better in real life than she did with that strange hairstyle, haircolor, and clothes. And the actress who played Dot had that hideous hairstyle which looked straight out of a cartoon. 

I'd be more interested to see what Suhana would look like onscreen in contemporary stylings.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Autumnn

I know one (16 yr) who have not much knowledge of srk even watched Archies cos her friends were discussing the movie. And her review was Suhana is no good.

Thanks for letting me know (although the 16 year old already had heard others discuss the movie, so I guess, it isn't without any knowledge of the casting and others' opinions that she went into watching the movie). smiley1

Nevertheless, I can understand the critcism I read about Suhana's acting...

Personally, I think of Veronica's character not intended to come across as 'nice' but as slightly off-putting who changes in her demeanour during the movie (and I witnessed an according changing in Suhana's acting, too).

To me, all the seven 'Archies' had been in character with their acting. I exactly saw them in the way others described the comics characters (reading those descriptions after having watched the movie as I avoided as much as possible beforehand information).

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Interesting to read people’s thoughts on Veronica and what she should be like. I watched the OG Netflix Riverdale (before it went to trash) and I don’t think the girl that plays Veronica is conventionally sexy in any kinda way, but she still does full justice to her character. 

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Clochette

Thanks for letting me know (although the 16 year old already had heard others discuss the movie, so I guess, it isn't without any knowledge of the casting and others' opinions that she went into watching the movie). smiley1

Haha believe it or not had anticipated this response. After posting immediately remembered I didn't post the exact reason what those friends were discussing.  Those girl friends of hers were discussing Vedang Raina! 

Her friends had not exactly watched the movie but clips and pics and they were crushing on Vedang aka Reggie from the movie. So to check out the guy her friends crushing on she watched the movie. So yes no premovie discussion she heard nor she knows srk much or his family. She had no idea Suhana was srk daughter even to be frank. This girl has zero interest in Bollywood movies.

Anyways I hope Suhana improves as am sure she will get ample opportunity.  This movie got more than enough bashing that felt bad for her as well as other two. 

In this short movie whatever I saw Suhana was nice.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Do you guys actually read what you type? “She just needs a Highway” - no she doesn’t, she’s not Alia. Stop trying to recreate things and be Alia. You can’t repeat someone else’s formula or success story. Get over yourself. She can’t even match Alia in her debut film forget about Highway.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Do you guys actually read what you type? “She just needs a Highway” - no she doesn’t, she’s not Alia. Stop trying to recreate things and be Alia. You can’t repeat someone else’s formula or success story. Get over yourself. She can’t even match Alia in her debut film forget about Highway.

Karan tells the nepo girls that when Kareena started off, her career was in the pits for several years and she was languishing. Jab We Met was the magical film that revitalized her career and truly made her an A-Lister. His advice to all the nepo girls is to keep hanging in there until they get a Jab We Met of their own which resonates with audiences.

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

If she’s the girl next door, I’d rather go and drown 

geez why so extreme? 😶‍🌫️