RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

For anyone who is a fan of this beloved film, can someone explain their interpretation of the ending. Does Sonam Kapoor come to love Dhanush or not? When she visits him at the hospital and is crying from learning that he knew she was sending him to his death but he still went out of love for her, is she crying because she's learned to love him as well or she's only acknowledging his selfless love for her?

In the scene when she's telling him to go to the rally and pretending to be in love with him (where he already knows she's pretending), she is crying. Those tears seemed real to me especially since she had always been cold to him beforehand and it seemed like even as she was sending him to his death for her revenge that a part of her seemed reluctant or regretful, like she may have been in love with him even then...but what do others think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

No she never loved him, at the end, she was guilty that her despise and quest for power made his lose his life and it broke her when she learnt that he knew her plan but still went ahead to complete his redemption of being accused of Jasjit’s death.

At the end Zoya still remains hypocritical and loser.

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Somehow the premise of this movie never attracted me to it. In fact after watching TWMR, I realized that Anand Rai brand of movies is not my cup of tea at all. He makes his female characters vile and act up for no reason at all. 

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Somehow the premise of this movie never attracted me to it. In fact after watching TWMR, I realized that Anand Rai brand of movies is not my cup of tea at all. He makes his female characters vile and act up for no reason at all. 

If you watch Aatrangi re, you might like it, probably one of the most likable leads in recent times, both the male and female leads had great characters, it was a lovely watch. Nobody hated or wanted to kill each other 

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MiVida_Messi

If you watch Aatrangi re, you might like it, probably one of the most likable leads in recent times, both the male and female leads had great characters, it was a lovely watch. Nobody hated or wanted to kill each other 

I will add it to my watchlist. Thanks

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I've been considering watching this because I was impressed with Dhanush in Raanjhanaa. But I remember hearing that the storyline is very bizarre and outrageous and I also had no interest in watching anything with Sara Ali Khan. But your review makes me reconsider now.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

No she never loved him, at the end, she was guilty that her despise and quest for power made his lose his life and it broke her when she learnt that he knew her plan but still went ahead to complete his redemption of being accused of Jasjit’s death.

At the end Zoya still remains hypocritical and loser.

Thanks for confirming. When I rewatched the movie, I forgot that in the beginning she actually does seem to like Dhanush and have feelings for him, like when she breaks down at his suicide attempt. And she reciprocates his flirting until she realizes he is Hindu. That made me think that some of her old feelings for him could have resurfaced by the end but I guess not.

And Dhanush's narration, that if Zoya called out for him, he might still come back to life and find it worth the effort also seems to imply that the reason she's not calling out for him is that she still isn't in love with him. 

I find his last thoughts so tragic that he hopes to be reborn in Banaras to love another girl like Zoya with all his heart and soul. The fact that he specifically states he wants to love a girl like Zoya instead of Zoya herself also suggests that he realizes by the end that his love was worth more than her and in the next life, he would just want to experience love again rather than specifically love for her.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

I didn't realize he made Zero as well. I can't believe the same man who made Raanjhanaa made the likes of Zero lol. But Katrina's character is somewhat similar to Sonam's Zoya.

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I didn't finish Raanjhana. It got unbearable after Abhay Deol died. 

But if someone can explain to me, what was NoSmoking movie was about, I will be grateful. smiley9🙏

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Awful film