NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Okay so after years of discussion on this movie, I watched it today and I have to say that I totally see why Nandini fell in love with Vanraj

At first I was always against it on paper as it meant parent's choice of forcing kids for marriage winning at the end but it made sense why Nandini would choose Vanraj over Sameer 

Sameer left her alone to fight her family but Vanraj fought his family and was ready to fight society to keep her happy

I know it has been discussed like a million times but I watched it today only 😭 so don't mind 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Sameer didn't leave her, he was told to leave, what was he supposed to do? Fight her dad? Sameer was a nice guy, he got along with her family so well, he was being taught music by nandini's dad, there was absolutely no reason for why her dad should say no to him, but he did just becuase he didn't like that his daughter fell in love without his consent, he believes that only he has the right to choose who nandini should marry, which is rediculous. 

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

Sameer didn't leave her, he was told to leave, what was he supposed to do? Fight her dad? Sameer was a nice guy, he got along with her family so well, he was being taught music by nandini's dad, there was absolutely no reason for why her dad should say no to him, but he did just becuase he didn't like that his daughter fell in love without his consent, he believes that only he has the right to choose who nandini should marry, which is rediculous. 

Both guys were good, None was a bad person

Sameer was much like Nandini's father, who couldn't see Nandini's happiness and chose to leave her for Guru Dakshina 🤷‍♀️ like her father could ignore his ego and customs, Sameer could have ignored his promise of Guru Dakshina

Vanraj cared about her happiness before himself and his family, Vanraj's father tried to stop him too, stakes were much higher for him as he'll be a laughing stock among his society and family but he chose to help her

Edited by NoraSM - 5 months ago
Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Nandini made the right decision choosing Vanraj, But yet you feel gloomy looking at Sameer!

How i wish she never met him again...🤷

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Both guys were good, None was a bad person

Sameer was much like Nandini's father, who couldn't see Nandini's happiness and chose to leave her for Guru Dakshina 🤷‍♀️ like her father could ignore his ego and customs, Sameer could have ignored his promise of Guru Dakshina

Vanraj cared about her happiness before himself and his family, Vanraj's father tried to stop him too, stakes were much higher for him as he'll be a laughing stock among his society and family but he chose to help her

But how was sameer supposed to stay? Sameer was told by her dad that he has to leave, its the dad's house. And even if sameer stayed in the same city her dad would not allow nandini to see him, the dad broke the two of them apart because of his silly ego and tradition 

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: Strangers02

Nandini made the right decision choosing Vanraj, But yet you feel gloomy looking at Sameer!

How i wish she never met him again...🤷

Yeah. I felt bad when Sameer wanted a hug from his father, there should have been a KHKN kind of ending where he meets another girl

But Nandini meeting him was important to the plot because she needed to know that she doesn't have feelings for him anymore

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

But how was sameer supposed to stay? Sameer was told by her dad that he has to leave, its the dad's house. And even if sameer stayed in the same city her dad would not allow nandini to see him, the dad broke the two of them apart because of his silly ego and tradition 

As I said, her dad chose his ego over her and Sameer chose his promise to her dad over her. They were alike 

Vanraj chose her happiness over everything else. 

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Yeah. I felt bad when Sameer wanted a hug from his father, there should have been a KHKN kind of ending where he meets another girl

But Nandini meeting him was important to the plot because she needed to know that she doesn't have feelings for him anymore

SLB love tragic endings. So another girl for sameer ain't possible.

@bold I think you meant he needed to know.....

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Glad you watched it. The songs were amazing and Aishwarya looked stunning. smiley27

Inshallah, one day I will also watch Ek Tha Tiger smiley20smiley36

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: Strangers02

SLB love tragic endings. So another girl for sameer ain't possible.

@bold I think you meant he needed to know.....

SLB sucks 

No, I meant she needed to know that whatever she felt for him before, she doesn't anymore.