Person wearing Free Palestine shirt intrudes World cup final 🏏

priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Person wearing Free Palestine shirt intrudes World cup final 🏏 share your views 

I read he was arrested 

https://x.com/ani/status/1726183388737077423?s=46&t=gmo_g396jwmtO4eUOAuljw
https://x.com/awfullymeh/status/1726178282008436836?s=46&t=gmo_g396jwmtO4eUOAuljw

Edited by priya185 - 6 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

Person wearing Free Palestine shirt intrudes World cup final 🏏 share your views 

I read he was arrested 
https://x.com/awfullymeh/status/1726178282008436836?s=46&t=gmo_g396jwmtO4eUOAuljw

Good 

This was so wrong 

He is an Australian 

Coming with an LGBTQ flag 

If did same in Palestine, jinka freedom maang raha hain wahi isko duniya se free kardete. 

They would have killed him for being LGBTQ supporter.

But bcoz this is India thode din jail mein ya fine dekar bach jayega. 

He was bleeding and with the same hand, he was touching VK. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Palak2812

Good 

This was so wrong 

He is an Australian 

Coming with an LGBTQ flag 

If did same in Palestine, jinka freedom maang raha hain wahi isko duniya se free kardete. 

They would have killed him for being LGBTQ supporter.

But bcoz this is India thode din jail mein ya fine dekar bach jayega. 

He was bleeding and with the same hand, he was touching VK. 

I am queer. Hamas would have me executed. But I still stand for Palestinian freedom. Because Palestinians are not Hamas, and there are queer Palestinians too. Besides, solidarity is not conditional. I stand for freedom from oppression, even for those who would oppress me. The whole LGBTQ argument against supporting Palestine is bogus. 

Anyway, pitch invasion is illegal, and as such, he will be charged and pay the consequences. I see him as someone brave and bold who dared to make a statement for his convictions. But I also see that he did it illegally by invading the pitch. This would be the same consequence if the game was in Australia, England etc. I don't understand the point of comparing laws with other nations. IDF would have shot the person point blank.

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I am queer. Hamas would have me executed. But I still stand for Palestinian freedom. Because Palestinians are not Hamas, and there are queer Palestinians too.

Among 197 countries, Iceland, Denmark and Norway round out the top 3 as the most LGBT-friendly. USA is at #23, India is at #39, Israel is at #45.

These are the bottom 25 countries for LGBT rights which rank as the worst:

172. Kuwait

173. United Arab Emirates

174. Saudi Arabia

175. Indonesia

176. Sudan

177. Senegal

178. Egypt

179. Uzbekistan

180. Turkmenistan

181. Tanzania

182. Morocco

183. Libya

184. Ethiopia

185. Yemen

186. Cameroon

187. Eritrea

188. Gambia

189. Mauritania

190. Palestine

191. Qatar

192. Nigeria

193. Oman

194. Iran

195. Brunei

196. Somalia

197. Afghanistan

https://www.equaldex.com/equality-index

The website maintains a Legal Index (which scores the legal rights and freedoms LGBTQ+ people have) and a Public Opinion Index (which scores how the general public feels in each region).

Palestine, which ranks #190 on the list, actually has Public Opinion Index lower than Legal Index! Go figure!

You are trying to attribute the "bad" stuff to Hamas and giving a pass to the rest of the populace. I am disputing that with my above data. I am also showing that not just in Palestine, but in the bottom 25 countries, the common factor is not Hamas but something else. Most people can deduce what that is.

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

You are trying to attribute the "bad" stuff to Hamas and giving a pass to the rest of the populace. I am disputing that with my above data. I am also showing that not just in Palestine, but in the bottom 25 countries, the common factor is not Hamas but something else. Most people can deduce what that is.

I have no qualms about addressing it. The common factor is Islam. LGBTQ rights are the worst in Islamic nations. This also means that LGBTQ Muslims born in these nations have exceptionally difficult lives. But as I said, solidarity is not conditional. I stand against Islamophobia and for the rights and freedoms of Muslims, even if some of them are against my existence. Homophobia and transphobia of others is no reason for me not to be an ally. I did feel angry and vindictive when Muslims in Canada and the USA recently joined Christian right-wing folks in protests against LGBTQ folks. But if anyone is against inclusivity and equal rights it's on them. I even defend their right to protest. 

But there are also many Muslims reconciling their faith and the queerness of themselves or their loved ones. There are many Muslim organizations working for pro-LGBTQ causes and working to change their communities. 

The fact is bombing children and bombing hospitals will always be wrong. Irrespective of whether it is a progressive country or not. 

Edited by return_to_hades - 6 months ago
K.Universe. thumbnail

The fact is bombing children and bombing hospitals will always be wrong. Irrespective of whether it is a progressive country or not. 

Yes.

It is also wrong for terrorists to operate out of hospitals and schools. From what I understand, there are mainly two sources of information coming out of Gaza: Gaza health ministry (the Hamas-controlled Gaza branch of the Palestinian Ministry of Health) and Israel military. between these two, I would believe the latter when it comes to more accurate reporting, more being a relative word.

Since there are other threads discussing these issues, some in-depth, I will pause here.

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Yes.

It is also wrong for terrorists to operate out of hospitals and schools. From what I understand, there are mainly two sources of information coming out of Gaza: Gaza health ministry (the Hamas-controlled Gaza branch of the Palestinian Ministry of Health) and Israel military. between these two, I would believe the latter when it comes to more accurate reporting, more being a relative word.

Since there are other threads discussing these issues, some in-depth, I will pause here.

Assuming it is true that Hamas has been operating out of hospitals and schools. How long has Israel known this? Shouldn't they have been able to carry out targeted and covert operations as soon as they found out?  Do the ends justify the means? Do a thousand innocent children, sick and injured, really have to die to kill a few terrorists? 

@return_to_hades:

One word is missing: you "stand against Islamophobia and for the rights and freedoms of Muslims"

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 6 months ago
K.Universe. thumbnail

Assuming it is true that Hamas has been operating out of hospitals and schools. How long has Israel known this? Shouldn't they have been able to carry out targeted and covert operations as soon as they found out?  Do the ends justify the means? Do a thousand innocent children, sick and injured, really have to die to kill a few terrorists? 

Hamas is a large militant organization with close to 40000 members according to some estimates. Unlike, say, Osama, these members are not confined to one compound that they could be taken out by some navy SEAL type raid action. Hamas is much more spread out and has the backing of Arab and Muslim countries, not to mention a large number of Palestinians. Armies with bombs, rockets and anti aircraft weapons can’t be taken down covertly.

Ever since Hamas seized control of Gaza Strip from Palestinian authority, Israel did restrict movement of goods and people in and out of Gaza. Throughout the years, Israel also killed some Hamas leaders. 

Before October 7th, Israel’s objective was never the elimination of Hamas. It is now. Is it a collective punishment on the entire region? It definitely is. Are there alternatives to what Israel is doing now, that guarantee an attack like October 7th never happens again? Israel doesn’t see any.

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

@return_to_hades:

One word is missing: you "stand against Islamophobia and for the rights and freedoms of Muslims"

Thanks! Edited.