yellomellow thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

I tried to give it a week to be fair, but I couldn't do it lol. I know that the makers are setting up the foundation, but it's too slow and repetitive for me. I was expecting something more fresh and original with this revamp. I don't think we will ever get rid love triangles on ITV lol.

Story wise it seems like a soft reboot of Ghum with cousins. I didn't watch the original so I'm not interested, but it has all the popular ITV tropes that people love so I think it will do well with TRP viewers.The Daadi character will probably run the entire show like Mimi did in Gen 2 as the powerful matriarch, which was missing in Gen 3. There were no elders that held the families together. While the Daadi is controlling as  viewers we don't know if she is a bad person or just misunderstood. I like the ambiguity of her character.

Acting wise it's a mixed bag some people are good others are not, which the standard for ITV.

Honestly, I think the actress is really good, but makers did a disservice by not giving the Gen 4 female lead her own name. Every time I heard someone say Abhira I automatically thought of HC and PR. Naira or something else related to Akshara only would've been better. It's a new show why not start fresh? Makers are continuing to ride both ships till the bitter end lol. Also, is it just me or does the Gen 4 Akshara look like Manjiri? She is getting the same mothering scenes Manjiri had before with Abhi and Neil before makers ruined her character for TRPs. Kind and caring mothers don't last long on this show I hope Gen 4 Akshara is an exception like the OG Akshara, but she will probably die soon lol.

Overall, it's like every other ITV generational leap. Not bad and not amazing, but with the right tracks it can pull in viewers especially since the show has an established legacy audience. The outdoor scenes were nice. I liked the new set too. The styling is a bit odd, but I guess they wanted a modern version of Gen 1 looks.

Good luck to the new cast. I sincerely hope they won't be subjected to the level of cyber-bullying the Gen 3 cast faced in the name of criticism. It's a fictional show and the cast doesn't write the scripts. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LadooCandy thumbnail

Yah show ab band hone wala hai .The show can continue if they showcase ruhi or abhir as the lead, these are the kids whom audience connect with due to the gen 3 history. Neighter akshara is a likeable character nor her daughter. 

It may sound as too quick to judge abhira , but she gives the vibes of a tej taraar person just like her father. Ruhi is vivacious as well as elegant. 

Abhira is just irritating under the failed attempt of being bubbly.

Edited by LadooCandy - 5 months ago
yellomellow thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I don't know TRP viewers are unpredictable. 

The tracks determine everything. The TRP viewers that I know prefer drama over everything. It could work if makers focus on the script.

Originally posted by: LadooCandy

Yah show ab band hone wala hai .The show can continue if they showcase ruhi or abhir as the lead, these are the kids whom audience connect with due to the gen 3 history. Neighter akshara is a likeable character nor her daughter. 

It may sound as too quick to judge abhira , but she gives the vibes of a tej taraar person just like her father. Ruhi is vivacious as well as elegant. 

Abhira is just irritating under the failed attempt of being bubbly.

[Post Removed]