How did muslims come to live in israel?

NathuPaapi thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 months ago

Edited: TM is changed. Topic remains same.

Edited by mnx12 - 5 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Funtuss thumbnail

When people talk about history of israel palestine conflict, they go back only 75 years into the history to establish the claim of muslims over the land.

However, wasnt it originally a jewish land?

I am not well versed in history of the conflict and speaking strictly from the very little knowlege i have about jesus christ who was a jew hailed from the area. So israel isnt a modern country which came into existance only inn1948 or something. It is infact atleast 3000 yr old civilisation if i am not wrong?

I suppose israel was also conquered and occupied by islamists some centuries ago?

So then how can we call israelis as occupiers?

They are actually oppressed minority struggling for centuries to hold on to the very liitle piece of land which they can call home. Isnt it?

Shoudnt we then all be proud for such tiny minority population finding their strength to stand tall and reclaim their homeland after centuries of barberic invasion and opression by islamic invaders?

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Not a "current affair" which makes this thread belong to DM smiley1

Around 3000 BCE, earliest known peoples in that region were Canaanites.

Then came the biblical narrative, emphasis on narrative, which says that the Israelites established a series of kingdoms in the region, including the United Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judah.

What followed historically were the Assyrian Empire and later the Babylonian Empire which conquered and exiled the Israelites.

Then the region came under Persian control and later became part of the Hellenistic Seleucid Empire after the conquests of Alexander the Great.

In 63 BCE, the Roman Empire took control of the region, including Jerusalem. There were several Jewish revolts against Roman rule.

After the Roman Empire, the Byzantine Empire controlled the region.

In the 7th century, Muslim armies under the Rashidun Caliphs conquered the region, marking the Islamic conquest of Jerusalem. This was followed by crusader rules followed by Ottoman empire which lasted almost till 1920's.

I presume you know what happened after the 1920's.

Funtuss thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Not a "current affair" which makes this thread belong to DM smiley1

Around 3000 BCE, earliest known peoples in that region were Canaanites.

Then came the biblical narrative, emphasis on narrative, which says that the Israelites established a series of kingdoms in the region, including the United Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judah.

What followed historically were the Assyrian Empire and later the Babylonian Empire which conquered and exiled the Israelites.

Then the region came under Persian control and later became part of the Hellenistic Seleucid Empire after the conquests of Alexander the Great.

In 63 BCE, the Roman Empire took control of the region, including Jerusalem. There were several Jewish revolts against Roman rule.

After the Roman Empire, the Byzantine Empire controlled the region.

In the 7th century, Muslim armies under the Rashidun Caliphs conquered the region, marking the Islamic conquest of Jerusalem. This was followed by crusader rules followed by Ottoman empire which lasted almost till 1920's.

I presume you know what happened after the 1920's.

Thanks so much.

So then i can safely say i wasnt wrong at all?

I am actually happy the narratives of israelis veimg the occupiers is debunked with facts.

Cant appreciate you enoughsmiley27

And plz do not drag this thread into DM as it is essential for people with little knowlege about the actual history behind the conflict and whom the land originally belongs to calling jews names and abusing them constantly. 

Now that we know who the illegal occupiers are.

The thread is pretty in sync with the current discusions happening in the forum. Lets keep it here onlysmiley36

NotYourType thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 5

Even I am not versed in this history so have refrained to make an opinion so far. But If it was Jewish land originally, Israel has full rights to it. It is admirable that such a small community has created such a strong country. 

As to Palestinians currently claiming it's their land, either they should live peacefully with Israel or take refuge in one of the 57 Muslim countries who are abundantly rich and have enough oil reserves to feed them for generations. 

Finally, Hamas attacking Israel was an act of terror. It will be punished for it and if Palestinians support Hamas, their cause is doomed. They should rather side with Israel and try to find a middle route.

K.Universe. thumbnail

^^ People are interested in only those timelines that advance their agenda. Even Americans for that mattersmiley1 Their history conveniently starts in the 1770's after the declaration of independence.

Whereas in ancient times, empires settled their disputes with wars, in modern times United Nations settles the disputes by supposedly maintaining peace and security between nations. If nations are not inclined to listen to UN, or if nations think UN is biased, that leaves war as the only viable option. Not covert/proxy war but one waged by military forces.

NathuPaapi thumbnail

I've read Jews actually bought the land, in Israel, from Arabs. Is it true?

Edited by NathuPaapi - 9 months ago
Funtuss thumbnail

Originally posted by: NotYourType

Even I am not versed in this history so have refrained to make an opinion so far. But If it was Jewish land originally, Israel has full rights to it. It is admirable that such a small community has created such a strong country. 

As to Palestinians currently claiming it's their land, either they should live peacefully with Israel or take refuge in one of the 57 Muslim countries who are abundantly rich and have enough oil reserves to feed them for generations. 

Finally, Hamas attacking Israel was an act of terror. It will be punished for it and if Palestinians support Hamas, their cause is doomed. They should rather side with Israel and try to find a middle route.

Absolutely.

I dont think palestanian claims over land are legitimate going by the history and they should vacate the land and take the refuge in any of the islamic countries if they cannot live peacefully with israel. There are 55 +mulsim countries where they axtually belong and can rebuild their lives just like jewish people did after getting kicked out from germany. They did come back to their homeland. What stops palestanians from going back to theirs?

K.Universe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

I've read Jews actually bought the land from Arabs. Is it true?

There were land acquisitions by Jewish immigrants, funded by Zionist organizations, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. This was part of the broader Zionist movement's efforts to establish a Jewish homeland in Palestine.

"The land" is vague. Parts of the land, yes.

NathuPaapi thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

There were land acquisitions by Jewish immigrants, funded by Zionist organizations, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. This was part of the broader Zionist movement's efforts to establish a Jewish homeland in Palestine.

"The land" is vague. Parts of the land, yes.

So does that mean some part of the land of current Israel was bought and some acquired through other means?