Can Akshay sustain besides sequels to his hit films?

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Honestly OMG2 was not really an Akshay movie. While it was marketed as the sequel, Akshay was not really in it, and the collections were really helped by Gadar 2 despite OMG 2 getting hurt by the certification. 

But everyone has been dragging Akshay lately, from Shahid to producers. Paresh Rawal pretty much said HP3's script is barely done and they rushed the announcement. Akshay has other sequels in the pipeline but they're only being materialized after his disasters.

Selfiee did awful. His new movie Misson Raniganj would have done worse than Bhumi Pednekar's movie if not for the sheer amount of corporate bookings that happened. His movie had less opening tickets than TYFK, and TYFK had 500 screens! I'm aware that Thank You For Coming dropped after the first day but still....for someone who was/is an A lister that's awful. 

He said he wouldn't sign any more gutka ads but I just saw him with Ajay and SRK doing one recently. Do you think he'll even last 5 years in relevancy? Or will he drop off to secondary characters? Retire?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

He should do less films 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

He doesn't have to. He'll go to the immigration office with his "Bharat" passport. The officer will take one look at the passport from Modi ji's land and gift him the Kohinoor. Who needs movies when you've got the Kohinoor. Not I. 

anonymouse1 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ohophelia

He doesn't have to. He'll go to the immigration office with his "Bharat" passport. The officer will take one look at the passport from Modi ji's land and gift him the Kohinoor. Who needs movies when you've got the Kohinoor. Not I. 

smiley36

Reeja Creations or Zor Se Sabko Scheme Bta de Mouse Pad Mousepad - Reeja  Creations : Flipkart.com