mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

WHAT A FILM GUYS.

Finally saw it and it blew my mind away.

Feel-good to the core, with strong messaging and some great acting by Parminder Nagra and Keira Knightley, respectively.

What a gem. I don't know how I missed it all these years.

You know how I got to see it?

Beckham is airing on Netflix, and someone told me I should watch Bend It Like Beckham before watching it.

So I may be 20 years late to the party but it was worth itsmiley27

AWESOME FILM. 

Highly recommend.

I saw 3 really good films -- Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Past Lives, and Bend It Like Beckham.

Tabyat khush ho gaya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RedAmaranth thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Bend It Like Beckham and Monsoon Wedding never get old. 

mintyblue thumbnail

I love both of them!

I saw Monsoon Wedding 2 years back and loved it. What a concept and executed beautifully. Mira Nair is a genius.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I loveeee me some Bend it Like Beckham, Bride and Prejudice, Monsoon Wedding, Bollywood Hollywood American Desi, Dr Cabbie type of movies. 

After Slumdog Millionare they don’t really make such films anymore and I thought by now we would’ve evolved or something  

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 6 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Bend It Like Beckham is a great movie.  Wholesome, funny, engaging, and very relatable for Asians and Middle Easterners.  Specially for those who are living in the diaspora.  And it’s interesting that at the time Anupam Kher was the most famous name in that movie.  But now the rest of the main characters have gone on to make big names for themselves. 

Try watching Bhaji On The Beach. It’s by the same director, Gurinder Chadha.  It’s a much smaller film and covers much more serious topics, and is not really a comedy.  But it’s another relatable movie IMO.  

mintyblue thumbnail

I have yet to watch Bhaji on the Beach. Thanks for the reco. Will definitely try to watch it. Also, I have watched Bride and Prejudice by the same director Gurinder Chadha.

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

lol at watching it before watching the Beckham documentry release, you could have just watched a 3 minute highlight real of that overrate manc on youtube smiley36

it is a good film though, it bump started keira knightley's career. i remmeber when it was released, it was huge. that and i also loved American Desi and East is East.  

Edited by Stone-Cold - 6 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I have yet to watch Bhaji on the Beach. Thanks for the reco. Will definitely try to watch it. Also, I have watched Bride and Prejudice by the same director Gurinder Chadha.

I have seen B&P too but when it first came out so I don’t remember much of it, except how pretty Aishwarya looked.  Ohh and Rory Gilmore playing Darcy’s sister.  Bend It Like Beckham is definitely a better movie and with bigger repeat value.    

priya185 thumbnail

I loved the film they should make more movies like these with Indians in main role in Hollywood films that unite both cultures together 

I have seen this movie multiple times

D3viL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: priya185

I loved the film they should make more movies like these with Indians in main role in Hollywood films that unite both cultures together 

I have seen this movie multiple times

I accidentally hit your profile. 

You have lovely badges.