Poll

Who is the better actress out of the two?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

Both Tabu and Konkona Sen Sharma have carved a niche for themselves in Indian cinema through their sheer talent and dedication. Their unique styles and the range of characters they've portrayed make this a tough choice.

Share your thoughts and vote for the actress you believe stands out as the better performer, and let the debate begin!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I voted for koko because I actually see a change in body language and expressions with every movie 

I think I am in the minority but i find Tabu one note and limited in terms of her abilities but she has played varied characters 

priya185 thumbnail

At the moment  I prefer tabu I love her acting and daring roles

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Tabu. She not only has the best of  both the worlds of artsy as well as the commercial cinema because of her stunning screen presence, she also is very good with her choice of scripts. And she is only getting better and better with every passing year. 

Edited by 1t1svat1t1s - 6 months ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I cannot imagine anyone else in the roles played by Tabu in Haider, Namesake, Maqbool, Andhadhun, Chandni Bar. 

I cannot imagine anyone else directing ADITG or the 2nd story of Lust Story 2. Roles where Koko has acted in, can be played by Tabu any given day. 

While Koko stands out with her brain which is at play for directions, screenplay, story etc., Tabu stands out with her art. 

Edited by prerna4rishav - 6 months ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

I cannot imagine anyone else in the roles played by Tabu in Haider, Namesake, Maqbool, Andhadhun, Chandni Bar. 

I cannot imagine anyone else directing ADITG or the 2nd story of Lust Story 2. Roles where Koko has acted in, can be played by Tabu any given day. 

While Koko stands out with her brain which is at play for directions, screenplay, story etc., Tabu stands out with her art. 

What's AIDTG.

I actually came to say this, Tabu as an actress Konkana as a director, a female centric movie, a song sung by Parampara(imma kinda obsessed with her rendition of Aigiri nandini), #MakeItHappen!

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 6 months ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

What's AIDTG.

I actually came to say this, Tabu as an actress Konkana as a director, a female centric movie, a song sung by Parampara(imma kinda obsessed with her rendition of Aigiri nandini), #MakeItHappen!

A death in the Gunj. It dealt with toxic masculanity in a masterpiece-ic style. Got Koko national award in her debut directorial itself, speaks a lot. smiley36

Yes !!! Make it happen ! I’d love Tilottoma Shome in it too though. smiley42 Not sure my TV screen can handle that much arthouse power. smiley40

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Tabu 

Unrelated but I cannot believe Konkona was married to Ranvir Shorey at one point. 

Edited by ohophelia - 6 months ago
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Tabu πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―%

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Oh, Tabu, hands down. Konkana is a phenomenal performer. But Tabu is a class apart. Of course, we know Tabu for her iconic performances like the unhinged Ghazala in Haider, the deliciously dark Simi in Andhadhun, or the conniving and scheming Simi in Maqbool. She performs character roles with Elan. 

But the great thing about Tabu is she performs even the cringiest commercial roles wholeheartedly. She did Bhool Bhulaiyya 2, a commercial venture amidst many more character-driven films - and she greatly elevated that film. She is delightful as Lovely in Biwi No. 1 and makes the most of her two bit role in Hera Pheri. 

Konkona could never

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVhfrX29Rl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OepNlH9yOqs