Salaar Confirmed 22nd December 2023 - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Stupid decision from a smug director. It will impact both movies. Hope Dunki trashes salaar

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I am not going to support Salaar..but anybody who thinks Prabhas' stardom is questionable will get their answer..he brings in insane openings that very few actors can dream of.  

No doubt though Dunki should turn out to be the better movie and probably the best movie of the year..but I am going to munch on popcorns with the SRK vs Prabhas fanwars that will take over twittersmiley36 bring it on!smiley15

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: you2

This is Prashant vs Hirani. Prabhas Kalki and Salaar teaser were released weeks apart. Forget the views..the Salaar teaser got an insane 2.3 Million likes. Kalki got nearly a million. The buzz is tremendous.

Salaar can earn 500cr without Hindi,like KGF 2 did.

Dunki can earn 500cr without south screens

South films make 1000crs because of their south market..which BW is unable to do yet.

There are plenty of screens in India to accommodate both films.

No. South Indian films do 1000 crores only when the Hindi belt comes on the board. By themselves they do 500 at the most. Hindi movies are not able to do 500 crores in the south because they are not that big stars there yet and their movies are not able to appeal to them yet. 

Edit: oops. I just realized you said the same thing as well. 🤦‍♀️☺️

Edited by 1t1svat1t1s - 7 months ago
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

No. South Indian films do 1000 crores only when the Hindi belt comes on the board. By themselves they do 500 at the most. Hindi movies are not able to do 500 crores in the south because they are not that big stars there yet and their movies are not able to appeal to them yet. 

Edit: oops. I just realized you said the same thing as well. 🤦‍♀️☺️

I don't express myself clearlysmiley13

I think RRR and Baahubali did 700cr in the south.RRR did only 250 cr in the North..Dunki may lose max 50 cr with clash..they will recover it from overseas.

It is really not a clash..as both North and South can easily do 500cr,without each other.Gadar 2 is an example for North territories. That too with clash against another hit film.Picture acchi hogi too daudegi.

Edited by you2 - 7 months ago
e1t53e thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

I don't express myself clearlysmiley13

I think RRR and Baahubali did 700cr in the south.RRR did only 250 cr in the North..Dunki may lose max 50 cr with clash..they will recover it from overseas.

It is really not a clash..as both North and South can easily do 500cr,without each other.Gadar 2 is an example for North territories. That too with clash against another hit film.Picture acchi hogi too daudegi.

Dunki has not much market in the south, at the most 50-60crores,  so it won’t lose much. But Salaar will not be able to make as much as its south predecessors because of the clash. Ha if the movies is good, it will beat the Hindi movie and run. Either way clash does make a dent to the overall collection as Gadar could’ve made 100 crores more without the constant clashes throughout its run. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Dunki has not much market in the south, at the most 50-60crores,  so it won’t lose much. But Salaar will not be able to make as much as its south predecessors because of the clash. Ha if the movies is good, it will beat the Hindi movie and run. Either way clash does make a dent to the overall collection as Gadar could’ve made 100 crores more without the constant clashes throughout its run. 

That is an assumption...but it would have had more screens available already at the beginning...but the shows got increased...so there had been a kind of favorable reaction.

What I find much more important relative to Gadar2 is the reopening of Single Screen theatres!!!

Edited by Clochette - 7 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

We have no idea yet about the south market's reaction to another SRK movie with its dubbed versions ...a loss of the amount 50-60 cr would be much, of course...

Making the Prabhas movie clash with Dunki isn't the same than with a movie starring a lead actor of a lesser box-office pull. To me, this move is very shady...

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Journey95

Stupid decision from a smug director. It will impact both movies. Hope Dunki trashes salaar

It's the producer(s) who decide, not the director....and if the producer(s) think there will be profit for them, they'll do it 

I just wonder from where the profit will come (or did they made already profit with this decision???!!!)

As for SRK, I don't think that he will move...he has nothing to prove to himself - he already has achieved what no Indian actor before him has achieved with two back-to-back AllTimeBlockbusters in one year, in 8 months even. He can sit back and watch what will happen.

It's not the same as with Zero against KGF 1 from the same production house...

It's neither the same situation where a clash was more or less forced on him with Raees and Dilwale.

e1t53e thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

We have no idea yet about the south market's reaction to another SRK movie with its dubbed versions ...a loss of the amount 50-60 cr would be much, of course...

Making the Prabhas movie clash with Dunki isn't the same than with a movie starring a lead actor of a lesser box-office pull. To me, this move is very shady...

Every movie which tries to clash with a well hyped movie is either less confident or over confident. I have seen enough of the clashes over the years to come to this conclusion. But as audiences it is the best thing for us because we have more choices, which is how it should be.

e1t53e thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

It's the producer(s) who decide, not the director....and if the producer(s) think there will be profit for them, they'll do it 

I just wonder from where the profit will come (or did they made already profit with this decision???!!!)

As for SRK, I don't think that he will move...he has nothing to prove to himself - he already has achieved what no Indian actor before him has achieved with two back-to-back AllTimeBlockbusters in one year, in 8 months even. He can sit back and watch what will happen.

It's not the same as with Zero against KGF 1 from the same production house...

It's neither the same situation where a clash was more or less forced on him with Raees and Dilwale.

You mean after the 90s right? Because Rajesh Khanna had 5 blockbusters within a span of 15 months and Amitabh Bachchan too.