Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

twerping thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 months ago

I tagged all those whom I could find...Some of our merry company appears to have either left IF forevermore or have changed their profile names and avatars and are too infrequent to come up in my Friends tag list. So please forgive me for not tagging you. Give me a poke, drop a line if you ever chance across this post, and I shall gladly right the oversight. 

Will leave the link to this thread in Wordsmithy #1 once our previous thread is unlocked so you can find it if need be.

twerping thumbnail

Now on to the matter at hand, which with Rishudarling's blessings, me and SarcyDarcy shall unleash on you....another exercise to unclog our writer's imagination....

twerping thumbnail

It was a dark and desolate night with the wind carrying the scent of nightmares as it rattled the window pane....

Sarcy thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

The constant rat-a-tat-tat of the windows pulled her out from the drug-induced sleep. She struggled to open her eyes and take in her surroundings.

twerping thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sarcy

The constant rat-a-tat-tat of the windows pulled her out from the drug-induced sleep. She struggled to open her eyes and take in her surroundings.

As she pried open her eyes, her gaze fell on the picture that hung from the wall at the foot of her bed, A splash of red and green it was. Throughout this bout of illness that had made her a captive of this room, her eyes had time and again returned to this patch of colour on an otherwise spartan wall.

Sarcy thumbnail

It reminded her of her glorious teenage years. The endless fields of ripe green in her village dotted with the red of crisp strawberries, the visual bringing with it a fresh distinct scent that transported her to her village. The vibrant image was the only thing that kept her going each day.

twerping thumbnail

It reminded her of her glorious teenage years. The endless fields of ripe green in her village dotted with the red of crisp strawberries, the visual bringing with it a fresh distinct scent that transported her to her village. The vibrant image was the only thing that kept her going each day.

She sighed, her eyes fixed on the painting in a feeble attempt to drive out the sound of the wind that filled her head and churned up feelings that were better left buried. She wished for the blessed oblivion sleep would bring but her parched throat kept sleep at bay. Groaning she stretched her hand out towards the jug of water.

Sarcy thumbnail

It was far, too far out of the grasp of her weak hands. But she stretched some more, her fingers almost touching the jar and just when she thought she had managed to grab it, it dropped to the floor with a crash. The sound setting a dread in the pit of her stomach, and causing her heartbeat to race – not just due to the suddenness of the sound, but also because what was now to come.

twerping thumbnail

It was far, too far out of the grasp of her weak hands. But she stretched some more, her fingers almost touching the jar and just when she thought she had managed to grab it, it dropped to the floor with a crash. The sound setting a dread in the pit of her stomach, and causing her heartbeat to race – not just due to the suddenness of the sound, but also because what was now to come.

A creak sounded at the end of the hallway. She sank back against the pillow, her ears straining to catch the sound of footsteps coming towards her room. With a smooth click the door to her room opened. She kept her eyes closed as she felt him nearing her bed.