Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Is it as good as the novel??

priya185 thumbnail

paragraph in red contains spoiler other spoilers already revealed in trailer or Netflix Film description

All 3 main characters have strong roles. Jaideep’s acting was best. Kareena and Vijay are also great but they pale infront of Jaideep. Kareena left a solid impact in the beginning of the movie.You will sympathise with maya in the first half. 

Naren (Jaideep) maths teacher (neighbour) he is a bit of a stalker but he helps her. Vijay varma (Karan) is a policeman who fights well but Karan isn’t that intelligent.

The twists at the end are good but it does get a bit slow in the middle with karan just investigating
Spoiler: Ajit is Maya’s/ Soniya’s abusive hubby they are separated have daughter Tara. He is blackmailing her. Murder scene is thrilling she did it to save her daughter. Ajit sold her to paradise (did pole dancing). Naren changed the date from 9th to 10th. Maya refused Naren’s love. He can hear through the walls. She got letters and phonecalls. I don’t understand why he turned himself in and Maya didn’t seem to feel that guilty of making him pay for her sins maybe she would get away with it for self defense. The ending is sad I felt bad for Naren. 

Overall 4/5 I did find Karan naive and I could not emphasise with Maya in the end

Edited by priya185 - 7 months ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: MochaQueen

Is it as good as the novel??

Apparently, if you have read the novel, then yes.

https://youtu.be/XIKzLYhUwZg?si=CKF_K0fk-bp6OG2Z