Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 months ago

Saw the movie and it was great. For me Kareena stole the show and Vijay as well.

Jaideep was good too, although he’s getting a little bit too much praise here on IF. 

The only thing I didn’t like was the ending. I think Sujoy messed it up. 

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: priya185

I prefer the ending in the book

What was the ending in the book? 

Cos this ending felt let down. Something was missing.

Ok read the book ending posted here by you. Thanks

Spoiler***

The question of why the murderer didn't burn the body fully was not explored by the police. Change of date felt random. No clue was given for it. 

Edited by Autumnn - 7 months ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Autumnn

What was the ending in the book? 

Cos this ending felt let down. Something was missing.

Ok read the book ending posted here by you. Thanks

Spoiler***

The question of why the murderer didn't burn the body fully was not explored by the police. Change of date felt random. No clue was given for it. 

SPOILER

change of date has to happen because the forensics can find a body was killed. The day ajit was killed, Kareena had no alibi and all evidence was against her. So Naren killed someone else a day later and purposely made it seem like it was ajit so that Kareena would have an alibi that day. 

Autumnn thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

SPOILER

change of date has to happen because the forensics can find a body was killed. The day ajit was killed, Kareena had no alibi and all evidence was against her. So Naren killed someone else a day later and purposely made it seem like it was ajit so that Kareena would have an alibi that day. 

Understood why it needed to happen. Point was there was no clue given about it. 

Generally in a suspense thriller, clues are given and later explained. Here no such thing was shown. Like that any twist they could have shown. Audience need to be given clues as all try to decode the story.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

LOVED IT

Totally atmospheric n Jaideep Ahlawat gave me chills and goosebumps at the same time (if that is possible)

Kareena and Vijay were both brilliant as well

The last twist completely blew my mind

NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8

Liked it and jaideep shined among all and even Vijay kareena were good. Felt so bad for naren character even though he committed crime. Climax could have been better they can’t just leave him in jail and have happy life.  

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

LOVED IT

Totally atmospheric n Jaideep Ahlawat gave me chills and goosebumps at the same time (if that is possible)

Kareena and Vijay were both brilliant as well

The last twist completely blew my mind

I am still creeped out by him... 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Yes Grumpy I know what you mean!

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Understood why it needed to happen. Point was there was no clue given about it. 

Generally in a suspense thriller, clues are given and later explained. Here no such thing was shown. Like that any twist they could have shown. Audience need to be given clues as all try to decode the story.

SPOILERS 

There were clues like not burning the jacket completely which had the police scratching their heads because the killer waited until the body was completely burned but couldn’t wait to make sure the clothes burned properly?? Also, there’s the fact that the body was found quickly and easily right after Naren promised Maya “the body will never be found” it was found right the next scene and I remember being fixated on that part wondering about it until they revealed the twist in end. 

Edited by Beautyful_Mess - 7 months ago
Autumnn thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

SPOILERS 

There were clues like not burning the jacket completely which had the police scratching their heads because the killer waited until the body was completely burned but couldn’t wait to make sure the clothes burned properly?? Also, there’s the fact that the body was found quickly and easily right after Naren promised Maya “the body will never be found” it was found right the next scene and I remember being fixated on that part wondering about it until they revealed the twist in end. 

Yes yes agreed. After my last post I thought more on it and thought there were clues but just said once so not that much emphasis. But yes Body cannot be found was in my mind when they found it and I kept saying police didn't explore why it was not fully burned and dispose off. I thought Naren wanted Maya to depend on him so he did that way.

Vijay character didn't explore that fact even after Naren confess.

Other things glaring was....

Girl child was not shown that much affected. Its like she helped in killing her father but not much impact afterwards. She seem normal mostly.

Ending was not at all satisfactory.