I deserved Padma Bhushan and National award - Kumar Sanu

khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 months ago

Kumar Sanu Admits Feeling Hurt On Not Winning National Awards, Says ‘I Deserve Padma Bhushan’

Kumar Sanu recently admitted that he felt hurt on not winning National Awards and his approach towards honour from the government.

Kumar Sanu Admits Feeling Hurt on Not Winning National Awards: Kumar Sanu is once again back in action as the judge of the musical reality show Indian Idol 14. The singer will be joining Shreya Ghoshal and Vishal Dadlani in the panel of judges. Kumar is known for his playback singing career for many decades since his debut in the late 80s. He has been the voice of many leading male actors like Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Sunny Deol, Rahul Roy, Hrithik Roshan, Shahid Kapoor and others. He recently spoke about not winning a National Award in-spite of his diverse discography in films and non-film albums.

KUMAR SANU CONFESSES FEELING HURT ON NOT WINNING NATIONAL AWARD

Sanu, in a recent interaction with Aaj Tak said, “The thing is I should have definitely gotten a National award, I should have been given Padma Bhushan. But I do not bother. It is up to them. It is certainly an honour, and it hurts (when you do not get what you deserve). It hurts definitely but now I am used to it. If you do not have enough approach and buttering skills, you cannot get these awards. I understand that now, and even the public understands it now. You get awards only when you have the approach, it is difficult to get these awards normally.” The singer opined that he does not have such kind of approach when it comes to winning awards. He told that he does not care if he is not awarded and feels if the government will honour him when the time is right. To the unversed, Sanu was honoured with the Padma Shri award in 2009.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

So many good artists missed out on national awards, If I am not wrong then Sridevi got national award after her demise 

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

These days celebrities have started going around and whining about the awards. Everybody is learning from Kangana.

altgr thumbnail

At least he got Padma Shri. Think about Alka Yagnik who is ignored for the Padma Awards again and again. 

khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: altgr

At least he got Padma Shri. Think about Alka Yagnik who is ignored for the Padma Awards again and again. 

national award is big or padma?

YourCat thumbnail

What to do with those awards .. it is just left there ... While ppl who pass by, who can see those awards serve as a reminder to them on how corrupt these awards are ... 

Edited by YourCat - 7 months ago
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I’m amazed he didn’t get NA 😳😳😳 he did deserved it. 

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: altgr

She hasn’t either?? How 😳😳😳

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I dont care about him getting NA or Padma or in fact any awards. I have a separate playlists with - 

1. Raho mein unse. 

2. Jab kisiki taraf. 

3. Samhaala hai maine. 

4. Iss tarah aashiqi ka. 

5. Chura ke dil mera. 

6. Hum ho gaye aapke. 

7. Jadoo sa chhane laga/Bhula fasana koi. 

8. Tera mera pyar. 

9. Jab koi baat. 

10. Duniya bhula dunga. 

to name a few + some bengali songs. And it's been the case whenever we have a party, it's the default playlist my generation people play in the background. And it's been 30 yrs since some of those songs. Isn't that the greatest thing a singer can hope for ? smiley42

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Arsalan_khan

national award is big or padma?

National Film awards is for films in all languages in India n Padma awards is for ever field -science technology, art, business, environment, social work, sports etc 

So Padma awards r bigger as more competition.