Why are women so... anti-women in this show?

HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Hi, everyone. I don't follow the show, except for occasionally catching a glimpse or two, because mom is a fan. My observation recently has been how women in the show are against Katha compared to how men are shown (supportive of Vian etc.,). Vian's mom (Teji?), her BFF, and now Vian's aunt too. Today's precap showed another woman interested in breaking the marriage of the leads. 

Why? 

There are some women are nice as well (Katha's roommate and Katha's mother-in-law, for example), but the overwhelming number of women acting as antagonists, willing to bring down Katha, is disturbing to watch. I am strictly against the "vamps" in Indian Telly — they're what keep me away from watching Indian TV all the time. These characters don't have any nuanced psychological causes to behave the way they do, other than that they do want to act villainous. 

This, I know, isn't exclusive to Katha only, but I honestly expected something different from the writers of KA. It seemed like an episode of some Ekta soap. Teji as a mom sucks. Men in their adulthood obsessing over their mothers suffer from Oedipus complex. What is the mother equivalent of this complex? There has to be one.

Sorry, I just ranted. It used to be a well-written show, but now it's the caricature of its former self with tons of 'I'm an ITV show and I don't think Indian audience deserves better storytelling' sprinkled over all the episodes. 

Edited by HeirofSharingan - 7 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

G259 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: HeirofSharingan

Hi, everyone. I don't follow the show, except for occasionally catching a glimpse or two, because mom is a fan. My observation recently has been how women in the show are against Katha compared to how men are shown (supportive of Vian etc.,). Vian's mom (Teji?), her BFF, and now Vian's aunt too. Today's precap showed another woman interested in breaking the marriage of the leads. 

Why? 

There are some women are nice as well (Katha's roommate and Katha's mother-in-law, for example), but the overwhelming number of women acting as antagonists, willing to bring down Katha, is disturbing to watch. I am strictly against the "vamps" in Indian Telly — they're what keep me away from watching Indian TV all the time. These characters don't have any nuanced psychological causes to behave the way they do, other than that they do want to act villainous. 

This, I know, isn't exclusive to Katha only, but I honestly expected something different from the writers of KA. It seemed like an episode of some Ekta soap. Teji as a mom sucks. Men in their adulthood obsessing over their mothers suffer from Oedipus complex. What is the mother equivalent of this complex? There has to be one.

Sorry, I just ranted. It used to be a well-written show, but now it's the caricature of its former self with tons of 'I'm an ITV show and I don't think Indian audoe deserves better storytelling' sprinkled over all the episodes. 

The show went downhill long ago.Every show has vamps and this one is no different.They have whitewashed Kailesh-the person who told Katha that her son should die.Viraj-who had an EMA(I don't buy the Vanya-Seema track they have shown.To hell with the saccha pyaar nonsense)has been whitewashed.

The women are shown in bad light with Teji,Farah and now Maya(Viaan's aunt).

Naya_31 thumbnail

Originally posted by: G259

The show went downhill long ago.Every show has vamps and this one is no different.They have whitewashed Kailesh-the person who told Katha that her son should die.Viraj-who had an EMA(I don't buy the Vanya-Seema track they have shown.To hell with the saccha pyaar nonsense)has been whitewashed.

The women are shown in bad light with Teji,Farah and now Maya(Viaan's aunt).

exactly. Good villains like Anirudh are not utilised well lol smiley19

HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Huh? There was someone who said her son should d!e? Is this some family member or what? Did they just spontaneously sanitize him or there were some apologies were involved, too? 

Yeah, I know every show has vamps but KA's makers had a readymade story. They've been dragging the story for a while and not being able to keep up with the quality. 

G259 thumbnail

Huh? There was someone who said her son should d!e? Is this some family member or what? Did they just spontaneously sanitize him or there were some apologies were involved, too? 

Yeah, I know every show has vamps but KA's makers had a readymade story. They've been dragging the story for a while and not being able to keep up with the quality. 

In the initial days,one episode had a dialogue where Katha's ex father in law refused to provide financial help to Katha and told that her son can die.

G259 thumbnail

https://youtu.be/7RFLOoQ6_-w?si=zAh4mBfEzRh-seIr

He didn't exactly tell that about her son but told her to die with her son(indirectly gave a damn about her son's death)

kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Not only this show most of the itv shows women r anti women. Sil,mil,sis just most of them with lot of jewelry, heavy make up ,faltu saree pehenke conspiracy tone with same boring dialogue "mai kabhi yieh hone nahi dungi" or "mai dekhti hoon kaise yieh shaadi ho  mere hote hue  "? Hilarious smiley36

G259 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kinu17

Not only this show most of the itv shows women r anti women. Sil,mil,sis just most of them with lot of jewelry, heavy make up ,faltu saree pehenke conspiracy tone with same boring dialogue "mai kabhi yieh hone nahi dungi" or "mai dekhti hoon kaise yieh shaadi ho  mere hote hue  "? Hilarious smiley36

Yeah but if the makers claim to be so different,they should show something different only.Why didn't they make Mr.G villain or utilize Anirudh properly instead of showing three vamps and all from MLs side?

Edited by G259 - 8 months ago
kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: G259

Yeah but if the makers claim to be so different,they should show something different only.Why didn't they make Mr.G villain or utilize Anirudh properly instead of showing three vamps and all from MLs side?

if itv can able to do  something different then it will be epic..🙄😂 thet dont have that much talented brain ..they claim so many things but hey who cares kind of  their mentality after 10 episodes 👎

Tenochtitlan thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

There was anapology involved. But because, he was an elder apology was not as intense as that of Viaan. But, he did apologize through his actions just like Viaan and it spanned over 100 episodes.

Honestly, his remorse was very much valid. From his perspective, he lost his elder son who was supposed to continue his business. His pain was very much valid. Although he gave a sincere apology to Katha in an episode but, he offered help to Katha multiple times in many upcoming episodes in order to apologize through his actions. However, Katha refused all of them.  

His guilt was shown multiple times and he realized what he was about to commit was a murder, a murder of a child, a mother and an entire family which got completed because of Aarav. 

Reasons for his reform were valid [see episode 33,34 and countless other episodes which are scattered here and there]. So, him becoming villian again was very much out of equation. If he became an antagonist, he would have been irredeemable. 

I give it to makers, despite seemingly Katha had forgiven Kailash because she too understood that he has lost his son and understood his remorse, they maintained a very subtle ice between them. This ice finally got broken in episode 183 now his redemption is complete. And, this ice is not so visible until you literally immerse in the show with no distraction in the background. 

For a brief moment, he acted like an antagonist but, it was just his overprotectiveness for Katha. He didn't harbour those bitter feelings against Katha again.