Swades wasn't considered for any National Awards- Plagiarism

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 months ago

Film in question- Chigurida Kanasu

Director- Nagabharana (Jury Member)

Shankar, a city lad, pays a visit to his ancestral villahen he decides to settle there for good, he faces opposition from his own family and from a village bigwig

While Nagabharana did let the copying part slide, he was a ‘little annoyed’ when it came to the contest (in National Award). “I told my fellow jury members that it is a remake of my film, you can compare it with that, and when I showed my film to them, they asked why didn’t you sue him? I replied I don’t want Halla Gulla. I am a filmmaker and that’s how Page 3 got the award

https://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/when-shah-rukh-khans-swades-lost-the-national-award-for-being-a-copy-of-a-south-film-director-denied-to-sue-because-of-south-indian-filmmakers-generosity/

Edit: Wasn't considered for the "Best film" award. Not sure how to change the title. 

Edited by Haila_tu - 11 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

🤣 rights khareed liya kar richest actor 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Which film cant be considered ? 

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Which film cant be considered ? 

Swades was disqualified for plagiarizing a Kannada film. Just their luck, that the director was selected to be part of the jury that year too. 😭

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Swades was disqualified for plagiarizing a Kannada film. Just their luck, that the director was selected to be part of the jury that year too. 😭

Wow swades from 2004 

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

His fans complain about Chak De not receiving a national award too without realizing how it was also a plagiarized work. It was a blatant copy of Kurt Russell’s 2004 Hollywood movie Miracle. Like literally scene to scene blatant copy. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

His fans complain about Chak De not receiving a national award too without realizing how it was also a plagiarized work. It was a blatant copy of Kurt Russell’s 2004 Hollywood movie Miracle. Like literally scene to scene blatant copy. 

Miracle had guys but CDI had girls 😆

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mai.NePyarKiya

🤣 rights khareed liya kar richest actor 

Swades was not Red Chillies production?

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Miracle had guys but CDI had girls 😆

YRF plagiarizes a lot. 

Ladies vs Ricky Bahl. Not a Penny More, Not w Penny Less. Jeffrey Archer even commented on it.

CDI. Miracle

Didn't buy rights.

They stole the story of New York from a small-time writer

Adi Chopra got his start stealing DDLJ from Honey Irani

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Ladies vs Ricky Bahl. Not a Penny More, Not w Penny Less. Jeffrey Archer even commented on it.

Did you ever see John Tucker Must Die ? LVRB ripped that off I think. 😆