_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 months ago

She was always fair but her pics from 2017-18 look very naturally fair and now her face seems like literally white washed. It’s no longer the instagram filter level fairness but a seemingly artificially induced one. It’s her body so her right but why so much obsession with fairness? It literally seems like unrealistic standards that the teenage girls will try to match up to. Why can’t we as brown people take pride in our natural skin tone! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: _symphony

She was always fair but her pics from 2017-18 look very naturally fair and now her face seems like literally white washed. It’s no longer the instagram filter level fairness but a seemingly artificially induced one. It’s her body so her right but why so much obsession with fairness? It literally seems like unrealistic standards that the teenage girls will try to match up to. Why can’t we as brown people take pride in our natural skin tone! 

She has definitely gotten fairer with time. If we look at her older pictures she wasn’t so fair before. I read somewhere even in Hollywood, celebrities will get glutathione added to their iv vitamin mixture because it helps reduce wrinkles and overall makes skin looks better. Pretty sure bollywood celebs use it to get fairer. Alia wasn’t this white before. 

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

It do be like that after you are turned. She is also avoiding sunlight.

Edited by Daebak - 9 months ago
sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I haven’t noticed her get any more white tbh. She’s mixed with European and Kashmiri ancestry, she’s going to be pretty white, let’s be honest. But i’ll agree with you regarding Indians obsession with fair skin. My friend married a Sri Lankan Tamil guy who has a slightly darker complexion. I’d like to believe she comes from a pretty progressive family but I still remember when their daughter was 2 months old, her mum stopped us from taking any pictures of the kid by saying “abhi nahi, she’ll get fairer as she gets older.” And my heart just broke.😔

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

It’s like she has gotten a whole new face.

hyancchoatishoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Daebak

It do be like that after you are turned. She is also avoiding sunlight.

Hello, Kajol Tai.

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Seems so. Saw her what's in my bag with Vogue and her face is vampire like white 

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This is preposterous.  😆

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Nah, she has always looked this fair.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

It took me a sec to get the Kajol reference. I was just talking about vampires😆