UFOs: To Believe or Not to Believe

devashree_h thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

US Congress had a hearing yesterday about UAPs. UAPs mean 'Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon ', or as they were known earlier, UFOs. In the hearing,  former US Intelligence Officer claimed, under oath, that US government is in possession of alien tech and non human biologics. 

https://twitter.com/MikeColangelo/status/1684234257424691200?t=Rhzf-yxctw_E-BBkazD6Wg&s=19

US government has always denied being in possession of any such tech and has always denied about Alien crash landings. Curiously though, couple of years back they released a video of their fighter pilots encountering a UAP.

We do not know the expanse of our Universe. There is a possibility that there are other living beings out there.

Do you believe we are the only living planet in the Universe?

Do you think Aliens visit us?

Edited by devashree_h - 9 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail

Someone please tell me that the US Congress was just joking when they held this hearing and that the US Intelligence Officer was just pulling people's legs. PLEASE. PLEASE!!!

No but in all seriousness I don't know what's out there. I feel like we all have enough to worry about in our lifetime to not think about aliens and UAPs and what not. Maybe instead of thinking about what's out there, we should be focusing on how to improve life for the people on this planet first. Because like they say on airplanes, "put your oxygen mask on first before helping others as you're no use to them if you can't breathe". That is exactly what it is here. We need to first improve our lives before we can think about others/aliens and if they will visit us or not.

MochaQueen thumbnail

I think we need more evidence before we can say anything.

devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: MinionBoss

Someone please tell me that the US Congress was just joking when they held this hearing and that the US Intelligence Officer was just pulling people's legs. PLEASE. PLEASE!!!

No but in all seriousness I don't know what's out there. I feel like we all have enough to worry about in our lifetime to not think about aliens and UAPs and what not. Maybe instead of thinking about what's out there, we should be focusing on how to improve life for the people on this planet first. Because like they say on airplanes, "put your oxygen mask on first before helping others as you're no use to them if you can't breathe". That is exactly what it is here. We need to first improve our lives before we can think about others/aliens and if they will visit us or not.

Yes, US Congress did have a totally serious hearing about this.😆 The Officer claimed that whatever tech was scavenged from crash site was reverse engineered to build fighter planes. 

This is the infamous 'Tic Tac' video

https://youtu.be/bJj9sS6adWs

I am OK with people trying to find Aliens. It can be an existential question. Are we alone, after all? It puts life on Earth in perspective. We might be truly special if we are alone. Also, Humans are an exploratory race. We always in need of finding new places. If there are other Living Beings out there, may be we can have a second home.

Sutapasima thumbnail

It is well known to scientists that Dark Matter, Dark energy exists beyond doubt. It turns out that roughly 68% of the universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the universe.

The visible matter is what we perceive as our universe , but that’s not the complete universe .There is a whole universe , advanced civilisations of  living beings exist there made of of other matter which we do not perceive /have not invented that technology to perceive them. 

Once in a while they choose to make  their creations visible/perceivable  to us and we perceive them as UFOs. That UFO did not disappear ..it switched off to dark matter mode making itself invisible/imperceptible to humans and our so called advanced technology.

I fully accept that this will be treated as controversial matter and most will disagree. I accept that. Since I was tagged n given the chance to share my views I have tabled my perception of the matter. All are welcome to disagree .😊

Edited to add link 

https://home.cern/science/physics/dark-matter

Edited by Sutapasima - 9 months ago
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: devashree_h

Yes, US Congress did have a totally serious hearing about this.😆 The Officer claimed that whatever tech was scavenged from crash site was reverse engineered to build fighter planes. 

This is the infamous 'Tic Tac' video

https://youtu.be/bJj9sS6adWs

I am OK with people trying to find Aliens. It can be an existential question. Are we alone, after all? It puts life on Earth in perspective. We might be truly special if we are alone. Also, Humans are an exploratory race. We always in need of finding new places. If there are other Living Beings out there, may be we can have a second home.

Oh yeah I remember this video. It looked like a blimp to me, but whatever floats people's boat I guess.

I'm okay if we're trying to find aliens as well, though I'm not sure they'll be okay with us trying to take over their home given the way we've treated ours. But honestly it doesn't have to be all bad. Maybe whatever beings are out there will bring us peace and, if not, then searching for them is sure better than war for land here.

devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

I think we need more evidence before we can say anything.

Ofcourse, this all seems very inconclusive. Like one of the scientists said, there is no way Aliens would be whizzing around Earth and none of our technologies are able to detect them. But then again, there are vast parts of Earth which are monitored. So, we dont know until we have better technology. 

Edited by devashree_h - 9 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

The Alien Telescope Array at the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Institute. (Seth Shostak/SETI Institute)The Alien Telescope Array at the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Institute. (Seth Shostak/SETI Institute) Most Americans believe in intelligent life beyond Earth; few see UFOs as a major national security threat. 

As an unprecedented U.S. intelligence report brings new attention to the phenomenon of unidentified flying objects, about two-thirds of Americans (65%) say their best guess is that intelligent life exists on other planets, according to a Pew Research Center survey conducted just before the release of the government assessment. 

A smaller but still sizable number of the public (51%) in the world says that UFOs reported by people, are likely evidence of intelligent life outside Earth. Most of this sentiment comes from people who say that military-reported UFOs are “probably” evidence of extraterrestrial life (40%), rather than “definitely” such evidence (11%), according to the survey of 10,417 U.S. adults, conducted June 14–24. On the other hand, 47% of Americans say the military reports are probably (36%) or definitely (11%) not evidence of life outside Earth.

When humanity is forced to respond or discover  aliens, a breakthrough of this magnitude would generate a slew of unanswerable questions. For instance, when we ask, "What is life?" are we asking a scientific or a spiritual question? Questions about the origins and future of life are complex and must be investigated holistically, spanning disciplines. That includes how we react to the discovery of aliens.

This is not just an idle fantasy: many scientists would now argue that the detection of extraterrestrial life is more a question of when, than if! 

The upshot is that the more we’re able to peer into space, the more certain we become that our planet isn’t the only one suitable for life.

I completely agree with Shreya, who rightly pointed out that we should first learn and adjust to our lives on Earth before looking for aliens in space.

Viswasruti thumbnail

The concept of aliens is quite old. Long before human civilization developed a scientifically accurate understanding of the cosmos, people across the world looked up at the sky and wondered what was out there. Some ancient societies populated this vast, mysterious expanse with gods, entities responsible for creating the sun, moon and stars. Others took those same celestial bodies to be similar to Earth

Speculation about the existence of aliens goes all the way back at least to the Greek philosophers. Their arguments will sound familiar. 

Greek philosopher Anaxagoras,  considered the possibility that the moon might be inhabited, a highly controversial supposition that contradicted the dominant view of the cosmos as outlined by Plato and Aristotle. Plato, who separated reality between forms and shadows, refused to acknowledge the existence of worlds other than our own. Aristotle also rejected the so-called plurality-of-worlds theory. 

In Hindu texts, especially in our epics, Yaksha, and Gandharvas visited Earth and gave speeches to humanity on many spiritual and ethical issues, and some danced to delight saints and Rishis too. Are they referring to the aliens who used to visit Earth on a regular basis during that particular period? 

Unfortunately, the lack of convincing evidence has ushered in a new age of cosmological pessimism.

In his book Extraterrestrials, science and technology writer Wade Roush traces the history of alien speculation across nearly two and a half millennia. This history begins with the ancient Greeks and stretches up until the most recent Mars rover expeditions. Along the way, Roush illustrates how the world we live in shapes the way we conceive of the worlds that might exist in outer space. The history of alien speculation is not only the history of science, but also the history of religion and popular culture!! A good theme for science fiction!

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: devashree_h

Ofcourse, this all seems very inconclusive. Like one of the scientists said, there is no way Aliens would be whizzing around Earth and none of our technologies are able to detect them. But then again, there are vast parts of Earth which are monitored. So, we dont know until we have better technology. 

There was also news once that there is a planet/solar system found with humans like us but is way more advanced than Earth. However, if that was true, wouldn't they have communicated with us by now?