Poll

The better actor?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Sanjeev Kumar, by miles. If he didn’t have the heart ailment and die at 40+, he would‘be been much bigger than anyone else. His filmography still leaves everyone else’s far behind. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

When they shared screen space in Sholay. It was Sanjeev Kumar who ate Amitabh up. Even with less screen space he shined as Thakur who had every reason to seek revenge and was dying for it. Hema and Jaya left more of an impression. Dharmendra shined with comedy. I hope people don't eat me up for saying this but the performance with the least impact was Amitabh. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: loginidran

Sanjeev Kumar, by miles. If he didn’t have the heart ailment and die at 40+, he would‘be been much bigger than anyone else. His filmography still leaves everyone else’s far behind. 

Amitabh was also a childhood friend of Gandhi family who controlled Doordashan that hyped him up to be the best thing since sliced bread. They would replay his famous songs over others. I am not saying he was not a good actor. But they did play a role in his stardom. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Amitabh was also a childhood friend of Gandhi family who controlled Doordashan that hyped him up to be the best thing since sliced bread. They would replay his famous songs over others. I am not saying he was not a good actor. But they did play a role in his stardom. 

would you say big b was an outsider or partial outsider ? 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

would you say big b was an outsider or partial outsider ? 

Here we go to the nepotism debate again. If we are going to get into this. Then Amjad Khan was also related to Irfan Khan, two of the best actors bollywood has ever seen. 😃

And in terms of outshining. Amjad Khan probably stole the show from everyone as Gabbar. Only Sanjeev Kumar's presence also got felt to some extent. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 9 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Here we go to the nepotism debate again. If we are going to get into this. Then Amjad Khan was also related to Irfan Khan, two of the best actors bollywood has ever seen. 😃

Also Kader Khan ( Amitabh ended his friendship w Kader cause Kader once contradicted him in front a group of mutual friends) 😔 

Thanks for telling me Irfan was related to these people. It’s worth more than you know 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Also Kader Khan ( Amitabh ended his friendship w Kader cause Kader once contradicted him in front a group of mutual friends) 😔 

Thanks for telling me Irfan was related to these people. It’s worth more than you know 

I know it will help you defend all the talentless nepos! Have fun! 🤣🤣

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

I am not totally against nepos as you know. As long as they have something to offer. 

Although he is completely different from many other nepos, grew up middle class, and it took him years and years of auditions to finally get a break as a character artist. Vicky technically is a nepo. 

Aditya is a nepo but he is an above average actor and greek god gorgeous. 

I have admitted to liking Kajol and Rani so no one accuses me of double standards. 

I just think no industry should get to a point where they are mainly or a large portion of the new talent is drawn from nepo kids. That way they are severely limiting themselves of all sorts of potential of beauty, talent, charismatic natures like SRK, that can come from the much larger pool of outsiders. Some of the best looking people in Bollywood ever were outsiders. Hema Malini, Aishwarya Rai, Katrina, Deepika, Dharmendra. Some of the most talented were too. Be it Manoj Bajpai, Vidya Balan or Manisha Koirala. Lol! 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I am not totally against nepos as you know. As long as they have something to offer. 

But tel me more about Door darshan exclusively playing Bachchan songs 

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Sanjeev Kumar, as great as he was, was quite limited in his range of genres. He became quite caricaturish in big commercial cinema like Sholay or Trishul. He didn't do much of those thankfully & stuck to small films but that also meant He could never become a big superstar. 

Bachchan can & could do it all. Bachchan almost never goes Over the top even in films like Sholay where everyone is. Slight edge to him.