Ben Duckett107(78)

Philip Salt61(28)

Bowling

Craig Young3/31

Theo van Woerkom1/47

Will jacks POTS 

SoniRita thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Uh-oh! Didn't see this coming. Match abandoned. The umpires had a quick glance and were not pleased with the number of puddles formed on the outfield (more prominently around the bowlers' run-up area). To make matters worse, there's plenty of water under the covers and It's still drizzling as well. Don't think the groundstaff will have enough time and favourable conditions for the next few hours to get the ground game-ready. Such a sorry end to the English summer. England looked set for a huge score, but the weather had other plans. The batters came out with a simple and straightforward intent today: Crash-bang-wallop and entertained the crowd for most parts of the 31 overs. With two rained-out games, England have taken the series 1-0.

SoniRita thumbnail

Will Jacks | Player of the Series: Real shame today, we were going towards a big score and had a lot of fun out there. Nowadays you got to be a three-faceted cricketer and gotta keep working on little improvements. He (Salt) made it easy for me, got off to a flying start today and had lots of fun. Hopefully we will got a lot of chances in the future.

SoniRita thumbnail

Paul Stirling | Ireland skipper: Very disappointed with how we went today, we got a couple of weeks off to reflect and improve on our performances. You are going to be under pressure when you are bowling to world class players, we couldn't get any control back in the game after that start. We always had talent and produced world-class cricketers but we haven't made it to (India), that will be our main focus in the next 2-3 years going forward. Absolutely love playing cricket and long may that continue and hopefully few more runs left in the tank.

SoniRita thumbnail

Zak Crawley | England skipper: Great honour to captain the side and to win a series is nice. Great sign for us as a country moving forward, hopefully we will make each other better with opportunities like these. The openers went out there and played unbelievably well today. We just built on from there. My goal has always been to play as many games and all the formats for my country, hopefully I continue to get better.