Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 months ago

Amelie - French movie - stunningly showcased Paris.

Netflix - Emily in Paris did a good job in S1😆

Paris in general - its a treasure trove if you are a history lover..I could spend 2 days easily just navigating through the Louvre..La Tour Eiffel in day time looks like an electric tower🤣 but once the lights go out.. in the night..oh my also the public transportation is excellent..most importantly the croissant there - oh bhai itna amazing  Most French people now understand English ..atleast that was my experience..and they are preparing for Olympics..so they cant be all hoity toity now. Had a bad experience with a hotel staff..but otherwise young French are friendly and nice, thats what I felt..😆

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Paris is beautiful.....French are not....so no oui oui..😆...We were at a gas station....my husband asked the cashier....where is the ATM...and she says...No English.....we turned....and the ATM was right there in the corner.....she must have understood ATM....she could have just pointed it out to us ...but no......so rude these people are....sorry to any one French here....but they are rude and full of themselves...😡

That's honestly what they're like. Much nicer cities as well in Europe, rather than Paris.

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Paris is beautiful.....French are not....so no oui oui..😆...We were at a gas station....my husband asked the cashier....where is the ATM...and she says...No English.....we turned....and the ATM was right there in the corner.....she must have understood ATM....she could have just pointed it out to us ...but no......so rude these people are....sorry to any one French here....but they are rude and full of themselves...😡

Loool ya that they are. They’re very snobby but I had a great experience all the times I’ve been b/c I venture out with my friends who are French &/or extremely fluent in French. 😆 My sister’s SIL’s favourite city is Paris too so the last time I was there, had a whale of a time!  She speaks French like her ancestors were born in Paris 😆 Point being made is, if you can, try going with French/Fluent in French folks. Your experience will be way nicer.  

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

That's honestly what they're like. Much nicer cities as well in Europe, rather than Paris.

I found Lyon so so beautiful!! It’s absolutely a fairy town!  Nice & the Champagne district too. And ofc Provence is absolutely lovely! But idk. There’s something about Paris. I’ve always loved it since I was a child. 🤷‍♀️ 

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

From the movies I have watched, Amelie captured Paris beautifully. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

Right, we had visited several countries in that trip and had no problems........Paris's economy must be so dependent on tourism....those people should realize that not every tourist will speak French......they need to be atleast polite...

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Right, we had visited several countries in that trip and had no problems........Paris's economy must be so dependent on tourism....those people should realize that not every tourist will speak French......they need to be atleast polite...

The World Travel & Tourism Council - Top Tourist destinations

#1. Paris: $35.65 billion in revenue (the city attracted 34.5 million tourists in 2022)

Maybe encountering a snotty Parisian or two is considered a feature and not a defect.  😆