Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

My thoughts on Akshara and the story

SereneWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

Disclaimer: This is long and might lack structure lol I needed to rant so I wrote it down then I thought to share it so I edited and posting it here. Its kinda insane that the last time I wrote anything on this show was for Abhira as their shipper around confession, now I have very, very different opinions.😆

When this gen began, Akshara expressed how she wanted time to have "khud se khud ka rishta". Self love was what she needed after growing up in a home where she was emotionally neglected, object of her sister's anger and bullying. She was always a "mature" kid. The silent, understanding one. Arohi was an achiever, spoke openly, loved attention. When you have kids like that its parent's responsibility to not let the silent one become invisible. Sirat(We don’t see Karthik during the teen phase so can't comment on him) used to be the one to give attention to Akshara, understand her, give her credit, correct Arohi when she goes overboard etc. While Arohi was still the Princess of the house, Akshara was not invisible. Then the truth of the sisters being half siblings came out and the slight jealousy that Arohi used to have turned into insecurity. Which then channelled into hatred after Sirat's death.

Akshara found out her mom was actually her step mom, her real mom died, she was living a lie all these years(She took it well though. Shows her good upbringing and her understanding nature.) Then lost both her parents, and her beloved sister too cuz Arohi now hates her. Her brothers were in hostel and these two kids were left to be raised by their grandparents and great grandparent. Arohi's bullying would often result into her family shutting both of them while she wouldn't be at fault(we see that after tilak 1.0 too). She is emotionally neglected. She doesn’t have the parental figure who keeps her from becoming invisible. She learnt to shut up and keep her feelings to herself, her words to herself because no one would listen or if they do, they won't understand. She has anxiety, unable to think when someone used to shout at/around her, gets panic attacks. She loves music and made it her coping mechanism. She is understanding, empathetic, patient. She is also smart, as we see in her jam business or during Ruby's case. She can use saam, daam, dand, bhed to protect her family. Right or wrong, her loved ones protection is above everything. She has always been selfless and naïve to the point of stupidity in some cases. (She jumped into fire to save someone else, she literally got a stranger(Anisha) to her house to help then got scolded by Swarna, went to save a kid and missed her interview). She was never ambitious about her career because she didn’t want accolades or achievements. She wanted to help people, her talent is music and she found a way to use it to help people. It didn’t matter to her where she worked or in what position she would be hired for, she wanted to help people and if she gets to do so using her favourite, her lifeline, her music it would be cherry on cake.

I expected her "khud se khud ka rishta" will happen through Abhi. After meeting him, being the object of his extreme love, having clearly seen Arohi's intentions and behaviour, having someone who stood by her defending her against Arohi's accusations, someone who believed in her, wished and wanted her to get fame and achieve things, who pampered her and showered with care and affection she was able to see herself from his pov. She even said that Abhi helped her have that "khud se khud ka rishta".

After marriage she had put Abhi as her highest priority, but Abhimanyu had seen his mom choose his dad over him throughout his life and seeing Akshara choose Arohi or her family over and over had deepened his insecurity. He couldn't see that she changed. He doesn't trust her words. He held grudges against her for all the hurt cuz they never communicated properly.

It doesn't help that growing up he had to be one of those kids who had to act like the parent instead of just being a kid. I think Manjari being in an abusive marriage and a family who looks down on her due to their superiority of being doctors became emotionally dependent on Abhi and he seeing his mom being mistreated, hurt and crying all the time became somewhat like a parent, seeking to not cause her any pain or hurt and super protective of her. Even now Manjari and him has this weird co-dependency where he talks to her like he is talking to Ruhi, a kid, to make her understand things, to not hurt her in anyway while also holding her to a position where her words are the truth no matter what. He defends her for anything and everything, from the tilak 1.0 mixup to Neil's adoption truth.

Another big reason is Abhimanyu doesn't know how to emotionally regulate. He is at the mercy of his emotions and when he has to do something he doesn’t want, he doesn’t feel like, he acts out. His love is extreme, the object of his love will be pampered beyond anything but so are his other emotions. His anger, his ego, his hatred.

Akshara came to know Abhimanyu the lover. Later she slowly started being the object of his other extremes too. Leap 1 base was stupid but the point of it/narrative was Akshara believed in Abhimanyu and his love so much, she was dreaming of their happy reunion. But Abhimanyu had his claws out believing his insecurity of Akshara not loving him over everyone. The thing is, even when she said that she left him for his well-being(he used to be so sad for his hand's injury and crying that he can't do surgery anymore and being surgeon was/is his first love) or that she got Kairav's proof of innocence, he doesn't believe her. He went on to test her love by sending divorce papers. Oh it didn’t matter how that action would show that he doesn’t want her, she should know better na? She should have threw or tear them and begged him to not leave her to show that she does love him just as much. But she chose her self-respect. How could she? He didn't believe her words till he actually saw proof for what she said(both for Kairav's innocence and her love). He had to listen to tapes and read letters Akshara wrote during that 1 year that Kairav gave to him to believe that she was longing for him and loved him just as much. Then he went to woo her back.

Akshara tried to resist, thought about the second chance then gave in. She addressed his trust issues. And they had a few happy months. Then came the fateful day Neil died while they were saving some girls from human trafficking. In grief, Akshara became the scapegoat for Neil and her babies' death. The guy who healed her, helped her out of her sister's accusations came to agree with that sister. He blamed her for Neil's death, who was like her brother, her babies' death, whom she fought to keep, and her Sirat ma, whose dealt blames she suffered for years.

All this while she accepted his temper, his tendency to be controlling, his ego, his my way or high way, she accepted the flaws she saw in him by focusing on his good things. She loved him for him. But was he able to accept all her flaws? No.

Pre-confession I though they will get to know each other in their courting phase. It didn’t happen. Then I thought it will happen after marriage like gen 1 but over and over we see something happens and they are at odds, he doesn’t trust her words and blindly believes his mom's reasoning and blames her(adoption truth). Most of their "reunions" are because they get physically close, can't resist each other, remindin gthemselves we love each other. They don’t actually address and problem solve their shit.

Leap 1 was a goodpoint to address it and though the execution was super bad, it addressed Abhi's trust issues(so many didn’t understand what trust issues are they talking about cuz of bad execution) and suddenly they were a happy couple fighting against all troubles together. I believe this was the period Rajan Shahi says the leads were too perfect and there was no long term arc going on in the bg. They experimented with Arohi being the villain but it didn’t seem to work out so they rushed with leap 2 instead of a drawn out build up.

The base of leap 2 is similar to what happened after leap 1. Akshara true to her nature does something, which can be very stupid, for selfless reasons. Whatever she does hurts both Abhimanyu and Akshara but Abhimanyu believes his hurt to be superior. Blames her for what she did, doesn't trust her words or vehemently disagrees with her choices and in anger, divorces her. The first divorce was clearly a tactic to test she loves him and while the 2nd divorce looks like it's not for the same reason, I think his repeated dialogues of how she left him shows that he expected her to come back to him begging to take her back/resist the divorce. Was he expecting a version of "That yes Abhi I'll listen to you and do as you say. I won't make my own choices. I will do as you say cuz I love you above everyone even my own self and individuality. You only know the best."? He fails to understand that she is her own person and loving her means all her flaws included. And she was physically, mentally and emotionally hurt that day. She was at the human trafficking incident, and had a freaking miscarriage andwatched her devar (basically brother) beaten to death. If he was not in a state to think properly, she was in much worse.

She believed his accusations though. And everyone's as well. She does consider herself the cause of their misfortune, she thinks Abhir's illness is divine punishment for her sins. She regrets coming back to Udaipur after her studies to the point she doesn’t go back for 6 years. The one time she did, she was again blamed, insulted, her family doesn't defend her and when she says its ok I'll never come here again those insensitive idiot of a family she has says nothing to comfort and reassure her😵. Everyone is happy without her. 

The one hope and reason for her to live was and is Abhir. Akshara didn’t hesitate to call Abhimanyu to share this hope with him. But all she got was rejection, insensitiveness, accusations and outright disrespect among other things. Again, he didn’t listen to her words, he didn’t trust her when she said she has something important to share. He took away her right to mourn for her kids, her brother figure, to support her family in their grief, to get support in her grief and threw her past trauma on her face. Like she said, she feared Abhir being taken away from her. Because with the way she is being treated now, will her words have value if she goes back? Will it again fall on deaf ears? Will her words be trusted? She will go back to being neglected like before and her only hope, her kid will be taken away too. And her fears are being proven right.

She is only angry at Abhimanyu and not others because he was the one who made her feel she is not a cause of misfortune, is someone to be loved, that she didn’t deserve all the bullying and accusations from her sister to him agreeing to those very things. Effectively breaking her. Made tall promises of love, showered her with affection when he wanted and deprive her when he wanted. Like she said, he never considered her a part of his family. And most importantly for her, she was hoping that he loves her enough that after his intial outbust he would come to her, try to hear what she wanted to say and they can work it out, and they can be together again, so she can go back to the man she loves so much. But he doesn't.

IMO, to him she was his healer. His. He wanted her cuz she and her music brings peace to his heart and mind. Like a drug. He wanted her to relieve himself of all the trauma and anxiety his shitty family causes him. But she is not actually a drug, she is a living breathing human with her own individuality, her own flaws, her own way of thinking and dealing with things which often are at odds with what he wants or his family wants. Then she goes from being his drug that soothes him to something like a hangover after a wasted night, so he gets angry, calls their marriage a mistake and in general acts out. He wants her to give him peace again, to sooth him while is kicking and throwing tantrums without realising that he is hurting her so much.

Abhimanyu needs to learn hadh for his extremeness. Hadd se zyada kuch acha nahi hota, pyar bhinahi. Anyone heard about Jennifer's beyhadh? Same concept. Abhi still has good qualities and can learn to be a better person. Yes a better person because being able to handle his emotions, sticking to his promises, maintaining respect are something a sensible adult should be able to do.

But does that mean Abhira need to reunite? Why does Abhimanyu's redemption mean their reunion and not just as a character? Especially pitted against someone like Abhinav?

Abhinav is the opposite of Abhimanyu. On paper Abhimanyu would be anyone's choice. AbhiM is educated, a topper in school/college, top surgeon, rich, handsome, a 6 pack body, charismatic, intelligent, ambitious, super confident. AbhiN is less educated, he barely knows english, a driver/tourist, poor, average looking regular guy, naïve, not ambitious for himself, lacks confidence. 

But Akshara says she would choose Abhinav as her husband however many times she gets to choose. Because he gave her what no one else did and what she expected and believed Abhimanyu would give her. Freedom to make her own choices, her words to be heard, understood and trusted, to give her space to think, understand, to not push her but still stop her when she is about to do something she'll regret(like taking Abhir to Udaipur for surgery.) Like any good husband should. (or any healthy relationship)

[Oh also some important differences I find in both characters but not really related to this post lol are: While both believe in charity, helping and standing up for people when they see injusitice, AbhiM has a lot of attitude, is confident and self-righteous to the point being egoistic sometimes, lacks empathy when he is involved in the situation etc while AbhiN tries to empathise/understand everyone, extremely patient, also stands for injustice but appraoch is different*, because he is an orphan he finds his sense of identity in doing good acts and being a good person(hence often calls himself accha admi or gets triggered and defensive when someone says he is not a good man) which can come off as bragging.

*I say this with how they dealt with Arohi. AbhiM called her out, shows attitude before knowing AK-AR r/s, doesnt try to mend them, feels insecure when AK chose her etc vs AbhiN who tried to talk to AR and mend the sisters r/s, defends Akshara but doesnt invalidate Arohi. AR pre leap did a lot of villainous acts so I do get AbhB's approach after he knew her though lol But the difference is interesting.]

Akshara changed after the fateful day, she doesn’t help everyone anymore, she doesn't trust naively etc. But Abhinav has that same quality in him. He has the naivety, selflessness of the Akshu who came to Udaipur after her studies. Maybe that’s why she gets him. When he was convincing her to invite Doctor sirji for dinner, she said that she was wishing he would be selfless and understanding towards her and Abhir but change for others, which was wrong of her. He shouldn't change himself, that’s his nature. How interesting and how sad that Abhimanyu couldn't do that for her. He wanted her to remain the same selfless loving Akshu for him but different for others. She did change though, after breaking badly.

There is a lot of gratitude in Akshara's heart for Abhinav. He did things that her family didn’t when he doesn’t have to. She saw his character, his nature, his behaviour for months (longer than she knew Abhimanyu before she married him), the way he would willingly without any grudges or complaints keeps his word, she could see someone who can love her kid selflessly and prioritise his wellbeing over everything  then asked him selfishly to become her kid's father.  He agreed selfishly too cuz he was attached to the kid and longed for a family.

By making him the father, Akshara closed the door of going back to Abhimanyu. She hoped and subconsciously waited for Abhimanyu to come to her and they can somehow move on from this nightmare and live like a happy family. She did so till Abhir was born. Abimanyu had months after his initial fit to take action, set things right, to talk, to do something but he didnt. So she finally let go. (Maybe things could have still changed if Abhi came to her in the first few years when Abhir was too young to understand anything.) But after so many years, its what Sai wanted to do by marrying Satya in Ghum. Though she loves Virat, to stop herself from going back and to stop Virat as well, to not be the one who wrecks someone's home, to respect herself she married Satya. Similarly I believe by making Abhinav as Abhir's father and marrying him she closed all doors to Abhimanyu. Expect unlike Sai who wanted to show Virat that she can move on and love someone else, the main reason Akshara did was so that Abhir wont long for a father, he will never know the truth and there won't be a point where her kid can be snatched away. And IMO the other reason is, in a weak moment she won't be able to go back to AbhiM as the countless times she did before.

I think the second reason is because like I mentioned before most if not all their reunions are because they give in to their emotions. Anyone with self-respect won't go back after the white day events, but saying is easier than doing, so she built a life for her son and herself to protect themselves. And its ok to do that, she is not wrong in it. People move out of cities, make drastic changes to their life and put boundaries and restrictions for themselves so they won't repeat their mistakes.

In all this she found her "sabse pyara rishta" in abhinav. She only wanted him as her kid's father. But he became her partner in dealing with life. He never crossed her boundaries, let her process things at her own pace, and trusts her word among other things. They dealt with so many everyday life problems, the good and the bad for 6 long years. She finds her life in kasauli, the home they built together, the most peaceful and happiest place. She thanks god every day for her life there.

But she hasn't found closure to her past though so when Abhimanyu showed up and she got a chance, she gave it back to him and Mimi's bday wala Udaipur trip just proved her fears and worries, the blames and insults dont stop, her family stands mute, and she finds herself in a weak moment when she sees Abhi's accident. Its proved to her that her decisions were right, her fears are right and she steels herself. When Abhimanyu proposes her, she strongly confronts, asks the question she wanted to ask, if Neil survived and she didnt, would he have done the same? and finds closure. She has made great progress since then. Singing again, facing UD again for Abhir, facing her fears etc. She is healing.

I think a part of her would always love Abhimanyu. Like first love. But since the closure from mandir confrontation there have been instances where Akshara didnt show any concern when Abhimanyu got hurt, doesnt think about his feelings/how it would affect him, doesnt get flashbacks of him/ their time etc, she isn't in love with him. 

When she found out Abhinav has feelings for her, she decided to give their relationship a chance. (She wants to heal from the hurt as she said to Abhinav when they went to the restaurant before UD trip as well). When they did the sindoor and mangalsutra rituals she said the base of their marriage is their friendship and mutual respect. She wants it to succeed and she is pushing herself to open her heart to the possibilty of their relationship, to move on from her past and give a proper chance to them. Not forcing herself though she hates it but rather trying and testing waters like in arranged marriage, so far as per the narrative.

But let's say that she still does love Abhimanyu, that she has not moved on. Does that mean she has to go back to him? Does having feelings enough to give a 3rd chance to a relationship after how badly the last time ended? Especially when a kid is involved and you have a healthy relationship with the possibility of it being a healthy loving romantic relationship in time?

Theres a dialogue that Akshara herself said regarding Abhirohi marriage discussion about how a young girl might wear high heels how ever painful it may be but a mother wont. When she was on her own she could give multiple chances and make whatever choices. But she has a young kid, who will be affected by her decisions. 

If she goes back to Abhimanyu what's the guarantee that he won't divorce her again and even snatch abhir while at that. What's the guarantee that she won't be pushed to just be Abhir's mother or rather caretaker's role if something happens again? Would she have a say in her own kid's life or Abhi and his mother's decisions be final in such cases? Not knowing when the ball will drop, unprectable reactions, instability...But by her own dialogues it implies its because of Abhinav and the life they built in Kasauli, Akshara truly was able to make a rishta with herself. She still falls week sometimes but she seeks Abhinav for strength and wishes for his support. A happy place, a happy family, a peaceful life, a supporting partner, a good childhood for your kid, freedom to do your will, respected, loved and a stable life.

What would any sane person choose and fight for it to happen/stay that way?😳

She can take her time to move on, she can take her time to get comfortable in her relationship with Abhinav, he won't push her. They can spend years to make it work. I do believe she already loves him, though platonically. She defends him vehemently like she does for the people she loves. She cares for him, fights for his rights, relies on him, admires him, respects him, shows rights on him. She could fall in love given time to work on their relationship. She has stopped her heart from the very idea of romantic love, it would take her time to give it a chance. But going back to Abhimanyu would be the stupidest thing she could do even if she still has feelings for him. Everything she did all these years, her self-respect, the life that she built, all that she did to protect herself, confusing the heck out of her kid, hurting the man who was her biggest support all these years, all for what? Irresistible attraction? An addiction to toxic relationships? Soulmates? Not all soulmates marry each other. You can end up loving people who are not right or good for you or you become a version of yourself you dont like when you are with them etc where you let go, set some boudaries and move on. 

But I know this is ITV though and Janiyee still plays on motage and promos. Abhira is still the endgame for makers. But we are at a point where Abhimanyu saying sorry won’t redeem him enough for Abhira reunion. 

• Making Abhinav negative would just make Akshara look bad. She couldn't find the true nature of a man she knew, lived with, called her bestie for six years🤪 And not to mention proving all those who bash her for all her decisions regarding AbhiN and find him creepy to be right. 
  • Either Ak or AbhiN leaving each other cuz she still loves AbhiM just makes all these years, the character growth, all the efforts she put to move on and build a live for years, all that she did to protect her self respect etc go to garage can. Like I said above, they can work on their relationship, both are happy and patient enough to let things happen at their pace, and both are commited to live life together. Just because you love something that's toxic, doesnt mean you have to have that in your life. You can learn to love healthy things. Move forward.
  • Even if Abhinav dies, a long drawn painful redemption of Abhimanyu, change and growth with a slow burn reunion that Akshara should resist for years (in universe) is the only way to make Abhira likeable from a story and characetr perspective. Not for her ego but because she has seen what & how a healthy relationship and partner is and should be, to not give in for anything less. I dont really mind FL having multiple relationships over the course of the show. But a superfast reunion/ giving in here would be like she took advantage of Abhinav's naivety, love, respect etc. Let her honour his memory by continue being the sherni she was/is in Kasauli and doesnt bow for anyone less than him. This probably is what the makes are going for but knowing how they handle execution, I lack any cofindence for it to happen tastefully🥱.I might just stop watching altogether after Abhinav's death if/when sasta reunion happens lol

What I would prefer though is the scenario where at the end, Abhimanyu and Akshara eventually are healed enough to forge a healthy friendship and respect between them, we get a scene where they have a open honest conversation where they thank each other for coming into each others lives, smile and then turn around and leave in opposite directions to their respective little families(Abhimanyu with Arohi and Ruhi (or someone else he falls for and marries) and Akshara with Abhinav and Abhir) while a shayari plays in bg(cuz they seem to love doing this🤪) summarizing that they are an example of either soulmates who brought a hurricane in each others life but found companionship and love in someone else or two people who loved, fell apart, found second love in others, healed, forgived etc. We see both families happy and having fun and boom roll credits, then jump to next gen or shut the show.

Edited by SereneWorld - 10 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lostin90s thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Wow you have expressed so beautifully what everyone thinks but hesitant to say from Akshara’s perspective. No matter what others say, I have always believed this story revolves around Akshara and the choices she makes. Not otherwise. 

Lostin90s thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I hope someone from the ph take notice of this post and save us from impending AkshManyu cringe.

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Lostin90s

Wow you have expressed so beautifully what everyone thinks but hesitant to say from Akshara’s perspective. No matter what others say, I have always believed this story revolves around Akshara and the choices she makes. Not otherwise. 

anyone who’s watched this show from season 1 or season 2 know that this is a legacy show..the story revolves around the legacy child.. season 1 was aksharas story, season 2 her daughter nairas story and season 3 her granddaughter aksharas story.. and season 4 will be this aksharas daughters story. So people shouting for new girl for abhimanyu, or abhira reunion, and asking for more screenspace for harshad or asking for abhinav to die..are just making noise..the writers are not going to listen to them..they are writing aksharas story..and the other characters will only be shown as long as they are part of her life..once they are not part of her life ,.they’ll exit the show..even if it’s the super famous super hot ( I don’t think so 😂)  harshad aka abhimanyu 😂

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Very well written. Kudos to your patience and ability to relate with the current generation.

In my opinion the present team of script, dialogue, screenplay writers aren't capable enough to understand the innate psychology of the characters.

If they tried to think out of the box then the show wouldn't have two leaps.

A show is on the the brink of failure when writer writes in favour of one or two characters.

I understand all those who in charge depicted two extremely flawed personalities but after 18 months practically no improvement in their arcs, 

Any type of audience won't prefer to side with broken characters who are least bothered to realise, accept or redeem themselves.

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Wow!! I spent an entire lunch break (plus more) reading your post.  But it was worth it. Great post.

The reasons you have mentioned are exactly why Abhira Reunion looks messy. And I don't think DKP cares about quality in story and execution. It will happen but in a really bad manner. 

Your post reminded me of my post which I wrote long back.

Someone in the forums told that Abhira could have been a beautiful story of two broken people helping each other.. but the writers sucked and the execution went bad.

My point at that time was... Ak and AbhiM were unbalanced where AbhiM could help her but never could receive help from her. The wonderful story of 2 broken people healing each other would have worked if both of them were equal in their relationship. But here, AbhiM never asks for help. And Ak also cannot help him much. I also felt that writers could have written the characters a little better or made the relationship equal.

Maybe, your post made me think, What if the writers had no choice? The unbalance could not have been easily removed in the first place.

Let's take AbhiM first: He spent his whole childhood protecting his mother and his brother from his father. He was like a parental figure.. the protector... the decision-maker...The head for them. He was not used to being under someone's protection. He never had the opportunity to ask for help. He was scared to show his weak side. two people depended on him. He was used to taking decisions and others following.

Now Ak we see her as an empathetic person. She understands others' pain. She is selfless but also has self-respect. If someone takes decisions for her, she would like it and also follow it. But she still can take her decisions. 

The problem is that if tragedy had not happened, Ak and AbhiM would have been in an extremely co-dependent relationship but would have been happy.  Not a relationship that I would have liked but still they would have been happy. AbhiM takes decisions, and Ak obeys cheerfully. There would have been no healing.

I felt this leap would finally make them equal. Ak would insist on taking decisions together, insist on being heard.. and then when they are equal they both can heal each other.

But It did not work that way. Ak is stronger but somehow self-healed a little. 

AbhiN showed her a relationship with equal footing for partners.

She took decisions along with him

Her bad decisions were also taken into consideration, but she was encouraged to learn from them instead of getting blamed.

She also had time to understand herself through AbhiN and Abhir.

6 years is a long time. Somehow the post-leap Ak was healed. maybe it is only my opinion. She no longer feels the need to look for validation. She can be strict with Abhir without fearing that her son would not like it. She actually had a khud se khud ka rista.. through her son and her partner without even realizing it.

If Ak got her Khud se khud ka rista already, what could AbhiM do to heal her?

This is where the leap got wrong.  Abhira Milan should have been a must from both sides Ak and AbhiM.

Maybe the introduction of AbhiN and the still-not-sorry attitude of AbhiM made the leap much more clumsy.

Oh!! one more thing, I couldn't post it anytime... So I am just posting here... please don't mind 

I like that Ak found out about AbhiN's love for her before the Devdas -paro scene.

Let me explain.

She found out that AbhiN loves her but respected her so much as to not burden her with the truth.

She decided to give it a chance.

Then the dev-paro thing happened.

Then she realized that she hurt AbhiN almost immediately when she gave him some hope. That has been super painful. He must not have been this hurt if she did not give him some hope like minutes before.

Ak hurt AbhiN the most in a couple of hours. But he still gave her some time. He was still ready to hear her. He made her comfortable. He consoled her when she was distressed. He put both their pain on equal plates but allowed her to heal first as he supported her.

Maybe that was when she could see the difference between how a hurt AbhiN treats her and a hurt AbhiM treats her. 

That is why I think she genuinely wants to move on as she herself felt the real difference between these two men. 

I feel all words she said during the temple confrontation were 100% her thoughts. there was no revenge or anything.

FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Has to be my most favorite post on this forum -- just so so well articulated! Sublime. I want to go deeper into this but I don't have the time right now. Hopefully later. But I couldn't not comment.❤️

SereneWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I do consider Akshara as the main protoganist of gen 3, while Abhimanyu, Abhinav, Arohi etc come after with varying importance as per the role they play in Akshara's life. Most if not all the promos are from her perspective, what would Akshara do?  lol 

AreYaar thumbnail

I know this post is about Akshara and how Abhimanyu alone is the one who needs to improve himself as a person, redeem himself as a person😆.....but I can't help but ask the basic question about this leap yet again......how is it ok to ERASE a father's very EXISTENCE from his child's life? That is unforgivable, period. No amount of trauma, grief, anger, grudges can justify such an action. On top of that the effortless lying and building a life around lies....no matter how much people try to justify that as "Akshara building a peaceful existence away from her previous heartbreak", it doesn't erase the fact that she has built it at the cost of erasing a father from his child's life and setting her child up for a clear identity crisis. 

The fundamental thing missing from any essay defending Akshara's actions is the fact that lies can never lead to any good.....they always come back to bite you and destroy whatever you think you have built in "serenity". That serenity is a mirage that has come at the cost of lies and it will inevitably fade like any mirage.....so no matter how much Akshara tries to claim that Abhimanyu is threatening her new peaceful life and the "family" she's built, it won't change the fact that she built it all on a fundamental lie. And it becomes all the more unforgivable when she KNOWS that Abhimanyu is also shattered over losing their children....she let him think for 6 years that he lost both his children and erased his existence from his own child's life so effectively that now no matter what he does, his child will never think of him as his father. People have a lot to say about the second divorce and the irrevocable damage of those actions.....yes, a divorce is monumental in breaking a relationship but it doesn't erase your very existence as a person.....what Akshara did was ERASE Abhimanyu's existence as a father from his son's life and happily handed it to someone else. No matter how hurt or heartbroken she felt, this is beyond the pale. And Abhimanyu is right when he said she did it to punish him....or she would feel even a little pang when she saw father-son together after so many years.....but she has literally convinced herself that the man she MADE the child with is IMMATERIAL because she THINKS so😆. Even people who never loved each other but created a kid together would have more regard for each other atleast as parents. But Akshara can't even manage that one because her self righteous lying is in a league of its own. 

Anyways at the end of the day, Akshara is living a delusion....the fact that she feels the need to punish Abhimanyu to this day by revoking his stature as a father from Abhir's life shows that she is not over him....all her chirpy jumping around in Kasauli is escapism pro max. Everything loops back to the same point....escapism and lying will never let you build a life long term....what she is doing with Abhinav is not moving on, it's escapism, pure and simple. And sadly it's ruining many lives in the process. Everyone has a lot to say about Abhi's temper, his rashness etc. etc....but at the end of the day, he tries his best to live his truths in whatever situation he is in. He doesn't gloat over his lies the way Akshara does. 

SereneWorld thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: umawanderer

Wow!! I spent an entire lunch break (plus more) reading your post.  But it was worth it. Great post.

Thank you❤️

The reasons you have mentioned are exactly why Abhira Reunion looks messy. And I don't think DKP cares about quality in story and execution. It will happen but in a really bad manner. 

Your post reminded me of my post which I wrote long back.

Someone in the forums told that Abhira could have been a beautiful story of two broken people helping each other.. but the writers sucked and the execution went bad.

My point at that time was... Ak and AbhiM were unbalanced where AbhiM could help her but never could receive help from her. The wonderful story of 2 broken people healing each other would have worked if both of them were equal in their relationship. But here, AbhiM never asks for help. And Ak also cannot help him much. I also felt that writers could have written the characters a little better or made the relationship equal.

Maybe, your post made me think, What if the writers had no choice? The unbalance could not have been easily removed in the first place.

Let's take AbhiM first: He spent his whole childhood protecting his mother and his brother from his father. He was like a parental figure.. the protector... the decision-maker...The head for them. He was not used to being under someone's protection. He never had the opportunity to ask for help. He was scared to show his weak side. two people depended on him. He was used to taking decisions and others following.

Now Ak we see her as an empathetic person. She understands others' pain. She is selfless but also has self-respect. If someone takes decisions for her, she would like it and also follow it. But she still can take her decisions. 

The problem is that if tragedy had not happened, Ak and AbhiM would have been in an extremely co-dependent relationship but would have been happy.  Not a relationship that I would have liked but still they would have been happy. AbhiM takes decisions, and Ak obeys cheerfully. There would have been no healing.

Abhimanyu did show weakness in front of her though. He cries, he shares his pain, he talks about his hurt and seeks solace from her. But thats it. He wants comfort from her and seeks it. Like I said in my post, she is like a dopamine hit from a drug especially her singing. He basks in it, cherishes it, like a safe house he could go to when he is feeling overwhelming emotions(like when his hand was injured). Then he is ready to take on life. The problem is when she does something of her own accord that he doesnt agree or causes problems for him or his fam, he is like 'why are you doing this? I did not tell you to do that. You are supposed to soothe me, why are you going against me? Do you not love me? If you loved me, you wouldn't do that. Dont you understand you are hurting me? Why dont you listen to me'  Not exactly this but you get the picture right? 

I feel like seeing his mom obey her husband in everything because she loved him but his dad didnt cherish/respect that love, Abhi has this perceprtion that love is complete unquestioned submission(?), and adding to that is his insecurity that she doesnt love him enough I guess🤔

But you are right though. There are so many times she ends up agreeing, including the abortion, whether she likes it or not and doesnt complaint. Abhi on the otherhand doesnt do/cant do things he doesn't like cuz he cant regulate his emotions. 

I felt this leap would finally make them equal. Ak would insist on taking decisions together, insist on being heard.. and then when they are equal they both can heal each other.

But It did not work that way. Ak is stronger but somehow self-healed a little. 

AbhiN showed her a relationship with equal footing for partners.

She took decisions along with him

Her bad decisions were also taken into consideration, but she was encouraged to learn from them instead of getting blamed.

She also had time to understand herself through AbhiN and Abhir.

6 years is a long time. Somehow the post-leap Ak was healed. maybe it is only my opinion. She no longer feels the need to look for validation. She can be strict with Abhir without fearing that her son would not like it. She actually had a khud se khud ka rista.. through her son and her partner without even realizing it.

If Ak got her Khud se khud ka rista already, what could AbhiM do to heal her?

This is where the leap got wrong.  Abhira Milan should have been a must from both sides Ak and AbhiM.

Maybe the introduction of AbhiN and the still-not-sorry attitude of AbhiM made the leap much more clumsy.

AbhiM getting realisations but then defaulting to his old behaviours again and again is making him look worse. But I think its because people were still defending him by trivalising what he did or bashing AK when her actions are a reaction to his on white day. So makers went to make things super obvious like we had a whole scene of Manjari supporting Shefali only to flip in a episode or Abhi on his own believes Akshnav are responsible parents but flipped after Manjari talked to him etc

As for healing each other, the big things like his faith and her singing did happen through Abhir though, which seems to be makers intention. But its like reinforcing that notion that 'have a kid and your marital problems will be solved'🤪 

They can still go for a "go through self developement before getting back together" type of thing, but for ITV, after Abhinav's exit there needs to be a slow burn with long drawn redemption for Abhira to make any sense.

Oh!! one more thing, I couldn't post it anytime... So I am just posting here... please don't mind 

I like that Ak found out about AbhiN's love for her before the Devdas -paro scene.

Let me explain.

She found out that AbhiN loves her but respected her so much as to not burden her with the truth.

She decided to give it a chance.

Then the dev-paro thing happened.

Then she realized that she hurt AbhiN almost immediately when she gave him some hope. That has been super painful. He must not have been this hurt if she did not give him some hope like minutes before.

Ak hurt AbhiN the most in a couple of hours. But he still gave her some time. He was still ready to hear her. He made her comfortable. He consoled her when she was distressed. He put both their pain on equal plates but allowed her to heal first as he supported her.

Maybe that was when she could see the difference between how a hurt AbhiN treats her and a hurt AbhiM treats her. 

That is why I think she genuinely wants to move on as she herself felt the real difference between these two men. 

I feel all words she said during the temple confrontation were 100% her thoughts. there was no revenge or anything.

Agreed 100%. I think seeing how two people who love her but treat her so differently definitely helped her come to a clear stance. Though I do think even if she didnt know Abhinav had feelings for her, she still would have felt super bad because the conditions of their marriage never said they could have any affairs with others. Both AbhiN and AK were loyal while being in a loveless marriage. Her acting the way she did for her ex, would just be an insult to his sincerity to their agreement.

Repied in blue.

Edited by SereneWorld - 10 months ago