Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

What a time then for the IPL to make it to a new venue for the first time this year. Dharamsala is no stranger to people of both the participating states who anyway tend to drive up during the summers. One of the most picturesque venues in the world, Dharamsala had to pull out of the Border Gavaskar Trophy because its outfield was not ready after it had been relaid. This will be the first test of the new outfield.

If you are seeing this on a mobile device and didn't know it already, ESPNcricinfo is better experienced on our apps. And we have recently rolled out an update for Android, which you can download or update here.

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

Today's prediction.... Rain/Washout

Stand by prediction - DC. Party spoiler. 🥳

Nathan Ellis: Never seen anything like it - it's a beautiful place. It's a tricky one (being in and out of the team), also with the impact player, it's kind of tricky with your preparations as you really don't know whether you're gonna be in or out. It's very situational and wicket-determining. I just try to have the best prep and be prepared to play every game. That's all you can do, so thankful to have played eight. Pretty content, hopefully tonight will be another step in the right direction.

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

Warner vs Dhawan. It will be interesting to see who the most popular choice is. Maybe Dhawan? Warner's % in picks is usually very high too. I feel like picking Warner today. Depends on who bats first. 😆

Maybe I'll change my mind and pick Prabsimran instead. 🤪

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Sunrisers Hyderabad

Originally posted by: tomnjerry2

Today's prediction.... Rain/Washout

Stand by prediction - DC. Party spoiler. 🥳

Is it raining there ? 

is it batting pitch r helpful for pacers r spinners 

Savera84 thumbnail

Prabhsimran Singh: I had the belief. The tournament had started well. I felt I belonged here. My family was happy. I am feeling very confident. We need to win these two games. We are very close. If we win the last two games, we should make it. It has been 9 years since we qualified for the play-offs. If you perform as a youngster, you know this is a good platform. And might as well get a chance to play for India if you do well in the IPL. Looks a good batting wicket.

Prabhsimran Singh: I had the belief. The tournament had started well. I felt I belonged here. My family was happy. I am feeling very confident. We need to win these two games. We are very close. If we win the last two games, we should make it. It has been 9 years since we qualified for the play-offs. If you perform as a youngster, you know this is a good platform. And might as well get a chance to play for India if you do well in the IPL. Looks a good batting wicket.

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Medha_Sree

Is it raining there ? 

I don't think so.  He was just kidding.

is it batting pitch r helpful for pacers r spinners 

No idea

Savera84 thumbnail

A lot of the teams can't manage to get players that represent the city/state culturally. PBKS have taken the scenic route to get a Punjabi player: from Pakistan via Zimbabwe. Here he is conversation with Mohammad Isam.

I come from a Punjabi background and I can speak Urdu. A lot of the conversations in Zimbabwe are in English and Shona, which is the local language. I don't think I have spoken so much Punjabi in my life as I have done in the last six weeks. At least my Punjabi got polished a little bit.

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Sunrisers Hyderabad

Oh he I thought she