🏏IPL 2023: Match 45 - LSG vs CSK on 03/05/2023 at 3:30 PM IST 🏏 - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 years ago

In the past two matches at the Ekana Cricket Stadium, LSG have failed to chase down targets of 136 and 127, with their overseas contingent especially having struggled here. Apart from the 38-ball 73 scored by Kyle Mayers in the opening game against Delhi Capitals, there hasn't been much to speak about in terms of contributions from the foreign players who have not been able to adapt to the pitches here. Even the Indian batters, barring KL Rahul, have not made much of an impact, which leaves the team still searching for answers with two home games remaining. 

Meanwhile, the Super Kings will feel more at home in Lucknow with a bowling attack capable of sucking all the momentum out of the opposition's innings. While they need to improve in the powerplay and the death, the middle overs are CSK's favourite period of play and they would certainly enjoy such a wicket compared to what they got back at home in Chepauk as spin, going against expectations, did not play a major role in most of their matches. With a batting department that has been working smoothly, and having bowlers who can get the best out of sluggish pitches, CSK will be entering the game as favourites, more so with Rahul being an unlikely starter after picking up a hip-flexor injury in the last game.

BlurredLines thumbnail

No. Rahul πŸ˜­. I kind was going to support LSG today for him. Now what am I gonna do  

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

KL Rahul's injury means that he will most probably not play today. This means that Quinton de Kock, who lost his place to Kyle Mayers, finally gets into the team. 

If they want QDK in, they have to drop one between Mayers, Stoinis, Naveen or Pooran!πŸ˜…

Originally posted by: BlurredLines

No. Rahul πŸ˜­. I kind was going to support LSG today for him. Now what am I gonna do  

Dhoni is there or not?

Wese what has Akash Chopra predicted?

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: WildestDreams

If they want QDK in, they have to drop one between Mayers, Stoinis, Naveen or Pooran!πŸ˜…

and all four are doing well!

Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainOfDew

I was thinking the same

But Krunal Pandya and De Kock r really good players..lets see

ik still i am doubtful. Anyways rooting for csk today πŸ₯³

BlurredLines thumbnail

Originally posted by: Palak2812

Dhoni is there or not?

Dhoni is playing  πŸ˜†. But I am on the fence on supporting CSK πŸ€£

What to expect: Another low-scoring game. In the previous afternoon game at this venue, the Titans defended 135 despite LSG having scored more than 100 in the first 14 overs. Teams batting first have won three of the five matches played here. But thunderstorms have been forecast during the match time, which could lead to a curtailed game. Hence, bat or bowl will be a vexing issue for the captain winning the toss. 

Head to head: The two teams have a 1-1 record in their face-offs so far. LSG chased down a target of 211 in their first meeting in 2022 while CSK defended 217 at Chepauk this year, keeping LSG to 205.

🀑🀑

Ocean_breeze thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6

Expecting a low score... Kitna low is still a big questionπŸ˜†πŸ™ˆ

Edited by Ocean_breeze - 1 years ago