LGBTQ+ Shot: Best friend to lover

TunesOfHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

It's an LGBTQ+ story, so if you don't like reading that stuff, kindly refrain from reading this story.

Best Friend To Lover

"you are so damn pretty Noor! It's quite illegal to be that pretty!" Aashay Goenka heard the voice of his ex bestfriend from across the conference table and immediately cringed at the lame attempt at flirting with his older sister.

'Anyone but my sister, you idiot! She is two years older to both of us and also have a boyfriend for god sake!' He yelled in his mind but continued to glare at them without saying a single word.

His anger rose, he gritted his teeth and his clean shaven jaw seemed more attractive. The 182 cm tall, golden brown haired lad couldn't seem to concentrate on anything but on the 184 cm guy sitting across him and purposely annoying him.The midnight blue tuxedo that he was wearing seemed to mirror the emotion he was feeling i.e. of a nightmare.

"Noor di can you tell the person sitting beside you to stop talking, it's quite annoying you see!" Aashay bitterly muttered not able to take the nonsense anymore making his ex best friend smirk like a devil which did nothing but add fuel to Aashay's anger.

'So my golden retriever best friend is angry or possibly jealous! Cool!' The Aakash Agarwal marveled.

Aakash was a 184 cm long, back haired guy, wearing a pastel shade tux, he looked extremely suave especially with his clean shaven and messy hair look making him look way younger than he already was.

"Noor,if your little brother has so much problem from me then he should say directly to me rather than complaining to you like a kid!" Aakash hissed in somewhat fake annoyance although he was happy to finally grab Aashay's attention to himself.

Aashay was about to retort back when the door of the conference room, opened and Abhimanyu Dassani, Noor's boyfriend appeared making Aashay smirk.

"Aakash stay 1 kilometre away from my girlfriend!" Abhimanyu snarled as soon as he noticed The Casanova Aakash Agarwal sitting beside his girlfriend making Aakash groan in annoyance as well.

'What a wrong timing he has! Just when I thought that things are getting slightly better, tragedy strikes. It's more like fate loves to backstab me!' Aakash wondered and heaved a sigh of annoyance before shifting a seat away from Noor.

Aashay smirked before getting back at his laptop to look over at the last minute details of his presentation but somehow he couldn't focus. With the corner of his eyes focused on Aakash who now was busy scrolling through his phone.

As if on cue, Aakash looked at Aashay's direction and found him giving a side glance which made him smile wide. He stood up and walked towards Aashay only to occupy the empty seat beside him.

"You know you can look at me properly, I won't charge money for staring from my ex bestfriend at least. " Aakash remarked and Aashay had to muster all the power in him to ignore him.

"Can we now do the thing, for which we are here?" Aashay announced looking anywhere but at Aakash.

"Hmm!" Abhimanyu and Noor hummed in response which was his cue to stand up and give his presentation in order to convince either all the people or anyone atleast to make his online game company survive. His company was in a messed up condition unlike the three people sitting there who were running successful businesses, he desperately needed help though he didn't wasn't Aakash 's help even in the worst scenario. It was Noor who made sure that Aakash was present in the moment too and therefore he came.

"Guys you already know that my gaming brand is Vexis, isn't doing that great. And I am worried as I don't know what's going wrong..." Aashay started mentioning all the statistics and the reason for the downfall of his company.

"The marketing strategy, the games themselves will never give your company any profit. You need solid strategies on both grounds or else you will be doomed." Aakash stated once the presentation of Aashay got over.

"I know that much but the thing is how!" Aashay responded.

"If you are ready to get my help then I am available otherwise all the best." Aakash said in a complete business tone. It was more like that the owner of a popular phone accessories brand, Croche talking and not The Casanova Aakash Agarwal talking.

Aashay looked over at his sister for help but she looked away and same happened when he looked at Abhimanyu.

'Traitors!' Aashay pondered before looking at Aakash who was looking over at his phone, probably scrolling through his social media.

"It's fine. I can figure things out on my own! Thanks for listening."

"So you are okay with your company's doom but not ready to take my help. That's real stupid. Best of luck." Aakash bellowed before walking out without giving a glance to any one of them.

Noor glared at Aashay before walking out along with Abhimanyu.

'Now what? I couldn't take his help especially when things between us are sour!' Aashay slumped down on his chair and zoned out.

Aashay heard some commotion, a minute later and looked up to find Aakash entering and locking the door of the conference room.

"What the hell Aakash!" Aashay stared at his ex best friend with a blank expression as if he couldn't process why was he here.

"Get out of my way!" He growled making Aakash fume with anger. Aakash have had enough of the drama now. It's been four damn years and Aashay is still stuck in that stupid timeline, holding a grudge over something which was nothing but a manipulation.

*Stop it Aashay! It's been four years, don't you think, you have spent enough time not talking to me." Aakash yelled almost making Aashay flinch at his tone but he pretended not to show it on his face.

"No, I plan to not talk to you for my entire life." Aashay affirmed cockily.

"Well, sorry to say but I ain't letting that happen from now onwards." Aashay chuckled as if he had heard a joke.

"Your ex girlfriend was there at the restaurant and kissed me but the one getting punished here is me. It's not fair Aashay. She kissed me so suddenly that I couldn't process but I pushed her away in a few seconds. But you were adamant on not listening to me. So I waited for four god damn years, went to New York but now I am back and I want my bestfriend back to me." Aakash explained and sighed before continuing again.

"And that crazy ex of yours, I had warned you so many times that she was psycho but you didn't listen to me. She she wanted to break our friendship and she succeeded to some extent. Well, now that she is in jail, it doesn't matter but yeah..."

"She is in jail?" Aashay interrupted in between.

"Ofcourse, she tried breaking our friendship, you really think I will let her get away with the crime she committed? And above all she broke your heart with me as a target. Ofcourse she will be in jail." Aakash stated confidently as if it was something to be proud of.

"On what charges? Because the reasons you stated clearly couldn't' make her stay in there!" Aashay responded as a matter of fact.

"Look at you, you still are worried for her and not me about how I had spent four years without you in New York." Aakash whined.

"Aak!" Aashay warned him , running out of patience.

"Heard my nick name from you after years and it still sounds so good from your mouth!" Aakash chipped.

"AAK!" Aashay sneered.

"Fine! She is there because of the murder charges pressed against her." Aakash replied.

"Murder charges?" Aashay raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"Yes! I am The Aakash Agarwal, remember?" Aakash gave his signature smirk to Aashay who just rolled his eyes in return.

"It still is too much!" Aashay uttered scratching the side of his forehead.

"So, are we friends again?" Aakash hesitantly uttered.

"Hmm!" Aashay casually replied positively.

"Really?" Aakash asked as if he couldn't believe it.

"Hmm!" Aashay stumbled as Aakash engulfed him in a hug.

"I missed you so much bestfriend! Finally you are back in my life!"

"You will kill me to death if you don't lose your grip now!" Aashay squealed.

"Oh sorry!" Aakash loosened his grip almost immediately and beamed at his 1 inch short best friend only to see him returning one as well.

"I am glad too that you are back in my life. Only you can tolerate me and my tantrums." Aashay joked.

"Umm.. Aashay, i have one more thing to tell you. These four years without you made me realise that life is so damn unpredictable and I don't want to be left with regrets. So.." Aakash stopped abruptly and put his right hand over Aashay's eyes.

"Hey! " Aashay squealed.

"Your eyes were scaring me so shush and listen."  Aakash responded and heaved a sigh before continuing.

"I don't know when this god damn thing happened but when it did I started seeing you in new light and honestly I got jealous each time I saw you with that psycho ex of yours in our college days. But that doesn't change the fact that she isn't a psycho, she was and is one. " Aakash himself had no idea what nonsense he was uttering.

"Can you try not saying things in loops?" Aashay muttered impatiently.

"I... love... you!" Aakash sputtered.

"I know idiot! I love you too!" Aakash responded.

"No not like a best friend way but in a love love way. I love you in a romantic way." Aakash hesitantly uttered and removed his hand for Aashay's eyes.

"So you are saying that you like me in a romantic way?" Aashay asked after a minute of concluding his thoughts.

"Not like but love! I love you Aashay! And I might look disgusting to you, right now but  I don't want to regret not confessing my love to you! I am sorry."
Aakash added with fresh tears flowing through his eyes as he didn't really like the blank look on Aashay's face. But the next moment he got surprised.

Aashay held the helm of Aakash's blazer in anger and pulled him a few inches closer to him.

"Why are you saying sorry? What's there to be sorry about, Aak? You love me and you confessed, that's it! You should never say sorry for confessing your love! It's almost like insulting your love for me! " With that Aashay loosened his grip on Aakash's shirt.

Aakash couldn't believe his ears as he looked at Aashay with hopeful eyes. The outburst gave Aakash somewhat hope that, there might be a very slight chance of something happening.

"Why are you statue now? Say something damn it!" Aashay snapped.

"Aashay... You..." Aakash struggled to voice out his thoughts so Aashay thought to make things easy for him, only because he had bravely confessed his love to him.

"Yes! I am keeping my heart open for you. I hope you can wait for me?" To which Aakash happily nodded in yes before engulfing him in a hug.

"Can we head out now if things are clear between us?" Aashay asked.

"Oh umm yes sure!"

"Also, will you help me out with my company?" Aashay asked hopefully.

"Look at you acting like a golden retriever when you yourself denied taking my help." Aakash coed much to Aashay's embarrassment.

"Aak!" Aashay warned him.

"Fine I will! How can I not help my bestfriend?" Aakash gushed making Aashay smile.

The boys walked out

"Umm..bye then !" Aakash mumbled before turning towards his car halfheartedly though he didn't really want to leave Aashay.

"Wait!" He heard Aashay and immediately turned towards him.

"Have some courtesy to invite me to your house!" Aashay almost accused him.

"Huh?" Aakash replied not able to believe that Aashay was asking to spend time with him.

'God please make this moment last the longest!' He mentally prayed.

"We just got back together as friends! Don't you think you should spend some time with me?" Aashay asked.

'back together! It sounds nice, only if he didn't add that friends part!' Aakash sighed before nodding his head in agreement with a wide smile.

"Let's go! Do you still call your car as girlfriend?" Aashay cheekily asked remembering a detail from the past while sitting on the passenger seat of the car.

'Why? Jealous?' the words were in the tip of Aakash's tongue but he didn't want any more problems, they have had enough share of it already. Aashay was being too nice to him and he should respect that.

"Nope, not really! I was a bit lame in college..." Aakash answered scratching the back of his neck before holding the driving wheel.

"Bit?" Aashay raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Okay a lot lame!" Aakash huffed in fake anger.

"Now that's the truth!" Aashay declared making Aakash laugh only to join him in laughing as well.

"Umm... earlier I didn't ask you to spend time with me because I didn't want things to get awkward between us. I know you like girls and you said all that stuff to make me feel better. I understand all that Aashay, I am not a kid. I will try to move on, don't worry you will never lose your bestfriend in the process!" Aakash shared his thoughts after carefully weaving them in his head prior to voicing it out and when he didn't get any reply , he knew it was the truth. All he needed to do was soothe his broken heart.

"Don't!" Aashay muttered after a minute of silence.

"Huh?" It was what Aakash could manage to say.

"Don't move on from me! I asked for time right, just give me some time before taking any sort of step including the one you mentioned!" Aashay fretted making Aakash just nod his head slightly in response as if he was still processing his words.

'Am I hallucinating or Aashay really is worried?' Aakash wondered.

The rest of the ride just passed by in filling each other with all sort of things happened in there life when they weren't on talking terms.

"You wait here, let me just get the guest room ready for you, if you are going to stay!" Aakash announced once they were inside his house which was practically his parents' but since his parents were no more, Aakash called it his even though he hardly spent time there after returning from New York, 3 months back.

"Also, I don't have comfy clothes, so arrange that too!" Aashay chirped and for a moment it felt like there never was a four year long grudge between them.

'How simple my boy is! One talk and he is back to normal! God please don't ever snatch him away from me, I might die without him. Those four years were hell I don't want to experience again.' Aakash pondered

"Would my clothes work? We have same size, I guess!" Aakash asked being too careful about his words and actions.

"You are saying as if I have never wore your clothes. Drop the awkwardness, will you?" Aashay casually pried.

"As you say! Though you might not like it if I drop the awkwardness!" Aakash replied back with a mischievous grin on his face.

"What do you mean?" Aashay quizzed but the moment he noticed Aakash taking steps towards him, he got an idea.

"I.... meant.." with each word he stepped closer to Aashay to check if he gets disgusted but to his surprise, Aashay's ears turned slightly pink.

'He is really blushing or am I dreaming?' Aakash wondered.

"Nothing!" He stepped back before walking away.

'That was too close!' Aashay sighed before slumping down on the sofa.

"Look around the house if you get bored."  Aashay heard him yell from afar.

He then stood up to look around and the house clearly screamed that it was of Aakash Agarwal as interior was of light pastel shades, some which Aashay couldn't name. Aashay had visited him a lot in college days and school days but his house seemed a lot different to him now. It had that faint citrus smell which usually comes from Aakash.

The walls had paintings and photos, which maybe was the passion he had developed in New York.

Aashay transparently remembered that Aakash didn't like paintings in school and college days, he might have developed it later.

Aashay kept looking over until his gaze fell on the photo frame of his parents which had a garland around it and right below it was a picture of him and Aakash from there college fest where they performed on a song.

'I wish we could return to those days!' he thought and involuntarily his hand traced the younger version of them in the picture.

"You were so happy back then!" Aashay murmered softly before retracting his hand and continuing to look at the picture of his parents.

He vividly remembered the day when he had seen Aakash so broken.

"They died Arav, they died! They aren't going to return back. They will never get to see me again! I..." Aakash sobbed before crying uncontrollably. Arav, his friend tried to console him.

"Only if I could be there with you at that time!" Aashay croaked, tears instantly formed in his eyes remembering the inconsolable Aakash, and he couldn't do a thing about it.

"You were there with me at that time!" Aakash said standing right beside him, wearing his casual clothes i.e a plain white tshirt paired with military green trousers.

"When did you come?" Aashay quizzed.

"Just now, and I know you were there, even if you didn't come to talk to me because of the stupid grudge but you were there. And I am thankful that you came." Aakash reassured him.

"How are you so confident that I came, you didn't see me, did you?" Aashay questioned

"I don't have to see you to know that you are around, i already know it when you are around me!" Aakash cockily answered to which Aashay slightly blushed and walked away.

"I am a little hungry, let's have some food." Aashay requested.

"You know my room, go get changed, I have kept a clean pair of clothes on bed and then come to the dining hall." Aakash told him.

Half an hour later, the boys sat on the dining table and the servants served them food.

"My favourite?" Aashay questioned.

"Obviously! You are here after years, so all your favourites!" Aakash replied as a matter of fact.

"Thanks Aak! Because of the company, i had literally forgot everything including eating!" Aashay confessed.

"Do not fear when Aakash is here! Your company will do great!" Aakash assured him with a smile.

A few weeks passed like that, Aakash helped Aashay in the areas where he was weak and along with time there relationship strengthened as well. The boys were inseparable and enjoyed each other's company the most.

Aakash never did anything to make Aashay uncomfortable which pulled him towards Aakash the most. He was genuine with his feelings and was ready for a heartbreak too but for Aashay, he held it all together. The more Aashay spent time with him,the more he started to fall to for him.

The moment Aashay realised his feelings, he knew he had no time to wasted whatsoever. So ge arranged a beach date, a safe but solid idea.

"What's this set up and lights?" Aakas wondered standing in the middle.

He could see a lots of lights and candles with a temporary roof on his head. It was kinda sweet and refreshing as no one had ever done anything like that for him so he loved every bit of it.

"So this is why you brought me here at the beach?" Aakash asked which made Aashay smile at him and he walked closer to him.

"I love you Aak! I love you so much that even a second without you is not bearable to me. I have never thought that I could go this crazy over someone but here I am. Though you are not just anyone but The Aakash Agarwal...my Aak. I just don't know what else to say. I did prepare a long speech but it's all blank now, sorry I just.."

"Hey! What matters is that you love me and no need to get embarrassed. Come here!" Aakash engulfed Aashay in a comforting hug.

"Nice arrangement by the way! I like it!" Aakash said changing the topic to make Aashay comfortable as he knew all of this was brand new for Aashay.

"Thanks! Noor di helped me with this!" Aashay cajoled making Aakash smile widely at his innocence.

"By the way when did you realise that you love me?" Aakash asked curiously breaking the hug.

"Just a few days back only I realised that. I already had a lot to catch up by then!" Aashay beamed happily.

"Ohh! You should have told me right away then. I love this grand gesture too though." Aakash said as a matter of fact.

Aashay then patted Aakash's hair with a genuine smile on his face making Aakash look at him amused.

"What do you think you are doing? Am I a dog to you?" Aakash joked.

"You didn't like it?" He immediately removed his hand and looked embarrassed.

"I have seen in the movies that they do this to show affection. So I did the same. Sorry!" Aashay muttered but in the next moment got surprised as Aakash pulled him in his arms by waist.

"Instead of watching those movies, you could have asked me. I can practically show you stuffs, you know!" Aakash grinned.

"Really?" Aashay asked innocently.

"Should I ?" He didn't wait a second after he got in approval and immediately kissed Aashay as if his life depended on it.

Aashay too kissed him back, trying to match Aakash. It was his first time kissing not just any guy but his best best friend who now is also his lover. He had kissed a number of girls in the past but this was different, a good kind of different and he loved every bit of it.

"So how was it?" He heard Aakash whisper once they broke the kiss.

"It was the best kiss of my life!" Aashay declared without any embarrassment.

"Do you want more then?" Aakash peppered kisses all over his face making Aashay chuckle at his behaviour.

"You know I have kissed you a number of times in my dreams but nothing compares to the real kiss i got." Aakash confessed making Aashay blush.

"It was addictive!" He added before peppering more kisses.

"Okay enough, let's head home and continue this there!" Aashay uttered before putting a hand over Aakash's mouth in order to stop him.

"We can continue?" He almost immediately quizzed.

"Only if you want!" As soon as Aashay said that, Aakash started running while dragging him as well.

"Why are we running?" Aashay queried.

"If we head home faster then only we can continue it sooner, right? So run fast." Aakash excitedly chimed making Aashay just shake his head at him.

Thanks for reading.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Ex best friend? Did they break up? Why?

coderlady thumbnail

Akash is seeking attention. But not from the girl.

coderlady thumbnail

Why is Aashay so unwilling to accept help from his buddy? An ex buddy, but what happened?

coderlady thumbnail

So they broke up over a girl. Aashay did not listen to Aakash.

coderlady thumbnail

Aakash declared his love but he still thinks Aashay likes girls.

coderlady thumbnail

Both had feelings but never got things clear between them. Finally, they are there now.