atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I do not understand how and why she has got Padma award.

Padma awards have become like Filmfare or what?

What is her contribution to cinema or society that she got this award? She has not even promoted BJP much or campaigned or promoted political ideologies as aggressively as Kangana. So why has she got this award?

Is it becoming like Filmfare or lifetime achievement award which is now given to any middle aged Bolly star?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I personally feel she is an underrated actress. I loved her work in Satta. I personally think she is a better actress than Lolo. (I know rare opinion. I am prepared for the bricks and bats.) Too bad she ruined her own career. She was super gorgeous too. 

That being said she did not deserve a Padma Shri. I hate to say it. Kangana is at least far more accomplished as an actress. Even though every time she opens her mouth, she proves to me, politics is not her field. I wouldn't call her multi-talented. But she is an accomplished actress. Still too young for a Padma Shri. I would rather see it go to someone who has positively impacted society. 

For example, did something for slum rehabilitation, the homeless, or even women. Neither of them has done that. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Someone from Bollywood always gets a Padma award every year. Has been happening for years. Happened more under UPA actually.

From last few years, most Padma awardees have been from real people right from the ground level. 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Akshay got Padma Shri in 2009, way before he started doing "desh-bhakti" films. And, if the likes of Kangana or KJO can get a Padma Shri, then I have no problem in Raveena getting one too. smiley36

Having said that, there are far more deserving people right now in Bollywood itself, for Padma Shri than Raveena. She wasn't even been part of any culturally significant films in the 90s, like Madhuri. Neither she ever known as an artsy actress like Shabana Azmi or Nandita Das. She did several off-beat films though, but nothing concrete.

On personal front, although it's not an achievement, she adopted her cousin's daughters Pooja and Chaya in 1995 after their mother had passed away. Technically, she became a single mother at the age of 23-24 something. So, in a way, she broke some stigma back then and did something unusual.

She is definitely an underrated actress, and she was far more versatile than Karisma.👍🏼 I agree.

Edited by diasingh2 - 1 years ago
altgr thumbnail

Nothing wrong if she got one but the problem is that many people from film industry who are more deserving have not been awarded yet. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Was her father on the committee. He was when she got a National award. 

atominis thumbnail

Has her father not died  recently? IDK if he was on Padma committee before his death.

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: atominis

I do not understand how and why she has got Padma award.

Padma awards have become like Filmfare or what?

What is her contribution to cinema or society that she got this award? She has not even promoted BJP much or campaigned or promoted political ideologies as aggressively as Kangana. So why has she got this award?

Is it becoming like Filmfare or lifetime achievement award which is now given to any middle aged Bolly star?

@bold: same thoughts 

atominis thumbnail

Sushmita also broke stigma and adopted as a single mom. She adopted total strangers. Unlike Raveena who adopted cousin's daughter.

Sush was also first Miss Universe.

She has no Padma awards.

Raveena now claims she does some social work or philanthropy. I wonder why I never heard of it before.

Her films are not significant. Daman and Satta are only films where she did heavyweight acting.

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

Has her father not died  recently? IDK if he was on Padma committee before his death.

https://m.rediff.com/entertai/2001/mar/27award1.htm