Suggestions for Indian Idol 14?

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Give your suggestions for the next season of Indian Idol? What should change? What should be there and what shouldn't?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: altgr

Give your suggestions for the next season of Indian Idol? What should change? What should be there and what shouldn't?

Love angle should stop..it's organic..once it was natural n magical, twice it seemed fake and a recreation would be a mockery. 

And don't make parents feel that they couldn't do enough for their child and Idol is giving them n opportunity to correct that. Parents deserve respect..not sympathy

altgr thumbnail

My suggestions -

1. I think they should take a long break this time, at least 2 years. No Indian Idol 14 before 2025 at least.

2. New Creative Team which does something new and interesting and will not follow what TCT has been doing.

3. New Judges. Not only Idol judges but others who are regulars in other shows shouldn't be taken.

4. New Host. This will happen most probably as Adi said it's his last show.

5. More representation from South & North East States. This season was very disappointing in this criteria.

6. Give preference to fresh/raw talent over already known/popular faces. 

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Love angle should stop..it's organic..once it was natural n magical, twice it seemed fake and a recreation would be a mockery. 

And don't make parents feel that they couldn't do enough for their child and Idol is giving them n opportunity to correct that. Parents deserve respect..not sympathy

Well-said. 👍. Couldn’t agree more regarding both aspects, esp  about the parents, 👍

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

New judges

New host

New creative team 

And more importantly a new format - at least theme based episodes like the earlier SRGMP shows.

sahil70 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

No public voting crap. Leave all decisions to judges. Speaking of judges, they should also give constructive feedback and criticism when needed , not just praise , praise and more praise.

Yeah , i know wishful thinking 😆

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sahil70

No public voting crap. Leave all decisions to judges. Speaking of judges, they should also give constructive feedback and criticism when needed , not just praise , praise and more praise.

Yeah , i know wishful thinking 😆

Now judges r not judges per say..they r just motivators.

They give their opinion instead of feedback

sahil70 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Now judges r not judges per say..they r just motivators.

They give their opinion instead of feedback

True

srtor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

"6. Give preference to fresh/raw talent over already known/popular faces. "

Totally agree with this one.

Stop auditioning of any contestants from previous national reality show.

I will also add - Change the judges.

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Agree with everything that has been said before.

My suggestions are as under;
1. Don't play with format - have a fixed schedule with pre-determined elimination events.

2. Don't play with scoring. It is either a mix of Judges Score + voting, or just Judges score or just voting. And don't play with proportion/weightage  each time you use Judges Score + Voting. It has to be fixed and declared at the start of the show.

Basically, don't fool the audience any more. We know that manipulation takes place to preserve contestants that the hosts want.

3. Get new judges because these have become too powerful and will not change their behavior/approach. Get judges who may voice individual opinion rather than read the script.

4. Don't cut off/delete sequences and comments that favour/disfavour a contestant and is not according to the script.

5. Most importantly get a fresh team to conduct the show. That is the key.