Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

I didn't find the way desi media behaved, remotely funny. It's disgraceful and disrespectful😡.  Tommy, Jhandeya! Kabhi Shakira ko dekha nahi inn idiots ne? They don't even know whether she was invited. I mean wtf was that! I remember the backlash Indian media faced during Nepal earthquake. Asking a woman whose son was buried under wreck "how do you feel"? Height of illiteracy and insensitivity. These people need to learn basic journalism code of ethics. 

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I thought this was freakin’ hilarious🤣those hating don’t realise that these guys are just hired as paps and without sounding condescending, probably aren’t highly educated. Majority are just your local Maharashtian boys, a lot of whom don’t follow too many Hollywood movies. They probably don’t follow nor care for the likes of Gigi/Kardashians etc. Let them be. They mean no harm.

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Their comments ðŸ¤£

It would be so embarrassing if they understood Hindi ðŸ˜†

YourCat thumbnail
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

There is a whole buzzfeed article on how Tom and Zendaya looked super uncomfy while paps in India hounded them 😬

Palak2812 thumbnail

The best was Gigi Ikde Ikde like she would know Marathi ðŸ¤£

Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Alpenliebe

I didn't find the way desi media behaved, remotely funny. It's disgraceful and disrespectful😡.  Tommy, Jhandeya! Kabhi Shakira ko dekha nahi inn idiots ne? They don't even know whether she was invited. I mean wtf was that! I remember the backlash Indian media faced during Nepal earthquake. Asking a woman whose son was buried under wreck "how do you feel"? Height of illiteracy and insensitivity. These people need to learn basic journalism code of ethics. 

I am no fan of these media specially yeh entertainment industry wali.

But this time it was funny, most of them aren't even literate, so I don't expect them to be best with pronunciation. 

Also, it isn't like Indian names are taken with perfect pronunciation outside India. 

&
Yes Shakira ko nahi dekha hoga, I am sure the majority of Indians don't even know who Shakira, Tom, Zendaya, or Gigi is. Joh jaanta hain are know them for their characters and very less people know them by their names. 

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Palak2812

I am no fan of these media specially yeh entertainment industry wali.

But this time it was funny, most of them aren't even literate, so I don't expect them to be best with pronunciation. 

Also, it isn't like Indian names are taken with perfect pronunciation outside India. 

&
Yes Shakira ko nahi dekha hoga, I am sure the majority of Indians don't even know who Shakira, Tom, Zendaya, or Gigi is. Joh jaanta hain are know them for their characters and very less people know them by their names. 

I don't know how the media dynamics work here, but when you are having event of this scale, at least some professionals should have been called instead of these chapris. I agree with pronounciation part but calling Tom as Tommy! I mean aap kutte ko bula rahe ho kya? Frankly speaking I didn't find all these funny at all. 

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

I dont find this funny at all. Tommy!!!! ðŸ¤”

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

The media team should have sent a professional team to click the pics, as this was a very international event 

But the paps were local and hilarious, they don't follow Hollywood and did not know them. But the way they took in their stride and had a great sense of humour doing it was funny.

As far as not knowing or pronunciation gone wrong. Many in west screw up Indian names too. So nothing wrong with it.

West did not know the difference between PC and DP either so these not knowing who they were and difference between Gigi or Shakira is nothing