mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Here are some popular examples of Bengali dishes:

1. Fish curry: This is one of the most popular dishes in Bengali cuisine. Fish, typically Rohu or Hilsa, is cooked in a tomato-based gravy with a blend of spices, such as cumin, coriander, and turmeric.

2. Chingri Macher Malai Curry: This is a traditional Bengali dish made with prawns cooked in a coconut milk-based gravy with a blend of spices, such as turmeric, cumin, and red chili powder.

3. Luchi and Cholar Dal: Luchi is a deep-fried bread made from wheat flour and is usually served with Cholar Dal, a spicy lentil dish cooked with coconut and a blend of spices.

4. Shukto: This is a traditional Bengali dish made with a variety of vegetables, including bitter gourd, eggplant, and sweet potato. It is cooked in a mustard and poppy seed-based gravy and is usually served as a side dish.

5. Mishti Doi: This is a sweetened yogurt dessert that is commonly served in Bengali households. It is made by adding sugar to milk and curdling it with yogurt.

6. Rasgulla: This is a popular Bengali dessert made with chenna (cottage cheese) and soaked in sugar syrup. It is soft and spongy and is a must-try for anyone visiting West Bengal

My favorite hoever is kosha mangsho (mutton curry) and Kuchi (poori)

Went to O Calcutta today and had a blast.

Another popular Bengali dish that you might want to try is Bhetki Paturi, which is a fish preparation where the fish is marinated in a mustard and coconut paste, wrapped in banana leaf, and steamed. It is a must-try for seafood lovers!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Not to feed in to the stereotype, but I’ve never been a fan of fish so both Bengali/Japanese cuisine I really struggle with. Fortunately with the rise of vegans, there’s way more veg sushi options nowadays. Bengali desserts on the other hand..🤤

MochaQueen thumbnail

One of my cousins is married to a Bengali, all she cooks is fish, everyday😆 I mean I love fish, but I can't imagine eating it all the time.

Roshugulla

Puchka

Doi Bora

Murgh Bhuna

Valima roast

Shuvendesh 

yeh sub Bangla words likh Kar muu (mouth) alphabet o ki tarah goal sa ho gaya hai.. lol

mintyblue thumbnail
mintyblue thumbnail

O! Hangla, Sector 72, Noida order online - Zomato

This is my favorite dish ever -- mutton curry and luchi

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

No but fish curry sound delicious ! 

mintyblue thumbnail

BENGALI THALI

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

In veg i LOVE Dhokar Daalna and Notey saag and Laal saag 

Non veg i love Kajoli fish with brinjal curry and also Goat mutton curry

In sweets my favourite is Lobongo Lotika and Chanar payesh

YourCat thumbnail

I have not tried bengali cuisine... Though I have eaten fish curry, but I like it with mix of tamarind..