Uncleji - (short stories) - future track

Aniash thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

After a very long time writing a story.  This one is divided into few parts. It is on future track. If i was the writer of kundali, i would have brought up this plot which is comical , suspense and intriguing. Preeta with amnesia issues not liking karan's old matured look and he freaks out . 

Uncleji - a short story 

It's been two decades. He missed her like anything. Preeta Karan lutra, his deceased wife or presumed dead wife. 

Where is she?? He frowned as he rested his aching head against the wooden chair next to his bed 

He turned towards the clock on the wall 

It was 9 am. Time to go to office 

"Karan, jaldi karo. We are getting late for the meeting".

Rishab, his older bro's loud clear voice heard from downstairs instructing him firmly to leave the room.

Argghh!!! Why is life soooo horrible.

Two hours later in his cabin 

The restless businessman struggled hard to concentrate on the new deal he was working on. Frustratedly, he threw the bulky files aside and ordered his secretary for a hot black coffee.

Back in his cabin, rishab lutra held the old photo frame of preeta lutra, his sister in law, in both hands and cried quietly.

If only i could locate u and bring a smile back in our lives. Especially my brother's. Everyone missed u. Where are u preetaji.

A gust of wind blew from the cabin window and rishab lutra sensed something was wrong. What was it?? Is preetaji alive and close to my family now??

As she stood at the entrance of the huge blue building ,she demanded angrily to meet the owner complaining how his car splashed mud on her clothes a while ago. He was tall, dark and handsome. He wore a brown business suit. She recognized his car parked at the guard post  She looked for him since morning. 

The guards were amazed.

That description perfectly suited rishab lutra, the sane sensible gentleman . How is it possible???

Finally after a much heated argument with the adamant middle aged fair complexion fierce woman, the security head informed the businessman through telecommunication.

Rishab lutra was not in his cabin . The call was picked by his younger brother who instructed the guards to allow the argumentative lady to enter the premises to meet the manager. They would just pay her some cash and settle the matter instantly.

A few minutes later in lutras main office 

She fought fiercely with the manager who insisted that she should take money and leave right away as rishab lutra was too busy to attend to her ridiculous claims. 

She hit the tall lean guy real hard on his head with her large red handbag a few times and rushed forward to meet up with the culprit who destroyed her morning peace.

Preeta lutra was determined to teach him a lesson.

As soon as she opened the door to the cabin that had rishab lutra's nameplate , she glared at the man in black suit sitting at the desk looking extremely shocked seeing her, murmuring her name

"Pre___ preee--- preeta"

She was stunned. He looked a little old. He wasn't the culprit but someone else. The other guy was younger in appearance.

She spoke angrily 

"Uncleji!! "

"Vo kamina insan kidar hain!!"

Shocked from head to toe, the karan lutra fell to the ground unconscious.

The blow was real hard 

His missing estranged wife presumedly dead twenty years ago stood right in front of him out of a sudden demanding for another man announcing him as an uncle.

The karan lutra laid on the hard cold floor of the cabin, unconscious 

She looked on , still confused trying to wake him by shooking his right shoulder. 

"Uncleji, uncleji, kya hua ??"

"Aap thik ho??'

Just then, rishab lutra walked into his cabin 

To be continued 

Edited by Aniash - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aniash thumbnail

Part two

Oh my God!!!! 

Screams of fright in his mind .

This is unbelievable!!!

Preeta lutra standing right in front of him glaring   fiercely as though she was gonna gulp him in one go 

" Tumhari himmat kaise hui mere kapdon pey kichad uchalne ki. Gadi thik se nehin chela sekte !!".

Rishab lutra stood still , in silence.

Extremely shocked from head to toe. A cold chill ran down his spine. Don't tell me her ghost coming to take revenge for her past humiliation. Maybe she finally found their location after twenty years 

" Hello, mr. main apse baat kar rehi hun".

Finally he tried speaking in a shaky voice. He trembled with shock and fright. The businessman was panicked like hell 

" Pre... Pre... preeta....preetaji".

She looked confused. How come he knew my name.

" Oi terrorist, so u are stalking me. How u know my name".

Tears rolled down his cheeks. The woman he had loved dearly and never committed to any other before and after, the same woman married to his own brother stood right in front of him after two decades. Rishab lutra couldn't control his emotions and rushed forward to hold her hand not noticing his unconscious brother lying just next to where she stood.

The joy of seeing preeta after a very long time made his heart skipped a beat that he forgotten the karan lutra on the floor.

She backed away instantly taking a file from the desk pointing towards the horrified tall gentleman who tried calming her.

" Main rishabji, apka dost. Apka best friend. Ap mujhey bhul geyi??".

Silence.

Huh, Best friend??. She was taken aback.thinking real hard. She eyed him closely. He does look familiar.

She looked away. That dark handsome features and complexion somehow was a pleasant sight to see. That fit physique and height that carried his fine masculinity wrapped in the brown business suit after all was something she couldn't resist.

Perhaps all these years, she never spoke to a rich classy gentleman.

His shaky voice shooked her from her fantasies.

" Preetaji, aap ko yaad aya".

She shook her head in disagreement placing the file back on the desk , speaking disappointedly.

" Apney mere kapde kherab kerdiye" 

He apologized instantly offering her a glass of water making her seat on his chair next to the table. He explained that he was in a hurry for a business deal . He took a short route through the market area and didn't realize how and when the incident involving her took place.

Suddenly his eyes fell on his unconscious sibling on the floor and he panicked.

" Karan, tum thik ho".

He didn't respond. His pulse was slow.

The karan lutra suffered a heart attack and was rushed to the ICU of city hospital immediately leaving preeta frustrated that her job interview for the day had to be cancelled due to her messy attire.

Rishab advised her to wait up at his office till he got his brother admitted but she left after his absence.

She still wondered.

Why that man had a heartattack after seeing me??.

Somehow she felt bad and decided to pay the ill fellow a visit at the hospital once he recovered.

Rishab lutra searched for his sister in law frantically all over the streets of Mumbai after admitting his sibling to the ICU 

The lutras were in a huge shock. Rakhi broke down in tears repenting her past actions and demanded her older son to ensure he locates her beloved daughter in law.

Fortunately, it was really not necessary as she popped at the hospital the very next morning to pay a visit to the ill gentleman.

On the way , she purchased some fruits for the patient and sighed deeply 

Poor uncleji. I caused him a heartache 

To be continued 

urmita thumbnail

Yaar🤣🤣 I already love this...you actually made an entertaining short story out of this horrible leap track 🤣good one...Do continue...

Aniash thumbnail
Originally posted by: urmita

Yaar🤣🤣 I already love this...you actually made an entertaining short story out of this horrible leap track 🤣good one...Do continue...

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just a thought came to write

They already made fun of TKL.

I am just supporting 🤣🤣🤣

InaMeenaDika thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

After reading ur story, I hope she never recovers from this memory loss. Your OS is great ...🤣 I think Karan should just die for the third and final time.. 🤣🤣

Aniash thumbnail
Originally posted by: InaMeenaDika

After reading ur story, I hope she never recovers from this memory loss. Your OS is great ...🤣 I think Karan should just die for the third and final time.. 🤣🤣

Wait till u read part three.🤣🤣🤣

Amnesia preeta is a treat.

Don't understand why writer not making use of her messy mental state for entertainment and light drama.

They just write pathetically.

Well what is missing onscreen u will get it offscreen 😜

Aniash thumbnail

Part three 

9 am outside ICU ward, city hospital.

The corridor at the emergency ward seemed quiet. The lutras sat silently, each recalling past events how they humiliated preeta except kareena who didn't feel an ounce of sympathy. That upset woman was ready to get her hands on preeta soonest she came across her path and thought deeply 

I will never forgive u preeta. U took away my little rudraksh from me and my family. I will not spare u..

Just then, the doctor announced that the patient was stable and kept murmuring a name .

Preeta 

"Who is preeta. Pls send her here . I would like to speak to her. She could help the patient to recover fast ".

The puzzled lutras were about to reply to the medical officer when suddenly a sweet voice interrupted.

" Ji, main hun preeta".

Heads turned instantly towards the voice. Rakhi broke down in tears 

God, i really wanted to hold her 

But rishab held her back stating preeta didn't remember anything. She was either mentally disturbed or was suffering from a memory loss.

Preeta has forgotten them

The lutras realized truth in his words as the fair middle age lady in white salwar kameez approached closer apologizing sweetly.

" So sorry, i hope uncleji recover ho geye..abhi vo kaise hain".

The silent disturbed lutras exchanged glances .

Uncleji??

What!??She's calling our karan , uncleji??

No wonder, he suffered the heart attack.

Before anyone of them could speak, the surgeon requested preeta to enter the ICU to meet the patient stating he murmured her name.

The puzzled woman smiled weakly as she nodded 

Yeh uncle ko meri wejah sey bahut zor ka jhatka lega kya ?? Lekin kyun?? Chalo sorry bol deti hun.

The half awoke karan lutra kept murmuring her name which shocked her more.

Legta hain uncleji ko bahut sedma lega hain. Mujhey aise office mein nehin ana chahiye.

The puzzled enquiry,

" Idk ..doctor, yeh kaise hain. Mera naam kyun le rehe hain" 

The calm reply.

" Patient ab stable hain. Lekin apka naam kyun le raha hain vo mujhey bhi nehin malum. Kya apka koi rishta hain inke sath??".

" Ji, yeh inki patni hain, preeta karan lutra jo bis saal pehle inko chod ke cheli geyi".

Rakhi's anxious voice heard interrupting the duo.

The emotional mother couldn't control herself and rushed forward to hug her daughter in law.

The rest of the lutras followed in.

" Mujhey maaf karde beta" she folded her hands seeking for an apology.

The very shocked preeta drifted away 

The upset rishab tried calming her. He knew she was mentally disturbed. He refrained rakhi from entering the room but she remained adamant. It was time preeta knew the truth. That the man in the ICU was her own husband.

Kritika interfered,

" Sorry bhabhi meri teraf sey bhi".

Even Sameer apologised 

The very confused preeta shut them up angrily.

" Kya sorry sorry lega rekha hain. Main nehin janti ap log kon ho. And pls i am preeta arora not some preeta lutra whatever. Or yeh uncle mere peti nehin hain. Kis angle se yeh mere peti legte hain. Just stop the crap".

Hearing her nasty reply, lutra dadi fainted on the spot.

Seconds later,

Another lutra member admitted in the ICU for heartattack.

Preeta left instantly. Swearing never to return to meet the bunch of m*r*ns 

As she furiously stepped down the staircase of the hospital, she thought to herself.

How dare they relate me to that man?? Kis budhe ke sath meri jodi bena rehe hain 

Suddenly, her mind captured the events of the previous day 

The tall, dark and handsome gentleman who was responsible for splashing mud on her at the roadside of the market area. There was something about that guy. The charisma he carried. She was definitely drawn to him somehow. 

Rishab lutra 

" Preetaji , ruko, pls ruk jao".

A loud voice heard from behind.

She turned to look and was amazed 

The charming gentleman running down the staircase to meet up with her trying to apologize.

She sighed,

Shaitan ka naam liya aur shaitaan hazir

To be continued 

Aniash thumbnail

Part four

He pleaded numerous times folding his hands .

" Pls ap mere family ki baton ka bura mat manna".

She sighed. 

" Ok . Lekin aek shart pey".

The businessman was taken by surprise.

" Kkk.. kya".

He spoke nervously. What condition is she gonna put up now 

" Mujhey is sheher mein nokari chahiye. Living cost bahut bedh geya hain. Apartment ka rental bhi dena hain. Mera bhanja bhi sath mein rehta hain".

She blurted annoyingly. 

He asked more questions which tested her patience 

" Bhanja??".

The angry reply.

" Ji haan. Bhanja. Behen ka beta. Bhanja. Not aloo bhajiya".

He interrupted smiling.

" It's aloo bhujiya, preetaji ".

Arrrggghh. She felt like taking her chapal to hit him real hard. But she controlled her emotions. He was handsome. He was charming. She was attracted.

The casual reply.

" Yeh ji kya lega rekha hain. Just call me Preeta".

He was reluctant and answered politely.

" Vo shuru sey hum aek dusre ko ji bulate hain. Ap rishabji kehti thi main preetaji bolta tha".

The annoying reply.

" Sorry, I don't remember the ji. U just call me Preeta, ok".

He realized her restlessness and tried calming her before she ran away again.

" Ok. Ok. Preeta, this is my office card . U come tmrow morning. Main apke liye first class nokeri ka jugad karunga".

She was confused. What he meant by first class.

" Oh , hello, yeh first class kya lega rekha hain. Mujhey airlines mein nokeri nehin karni. I am frightened of aeroplanes".

He laughed but went silent at once upon seeing her angry face as though she was gonna trash him real hard 

The soothing reply 

" First class matlab nokari with good pay". 

She nodded.

" Ok. See u tmrow ".

And continued walking towards the roadside looking out for a rickshaw. The curious businessman followed behind 

" Vo, ah ,  miss preeta, aap ka ghar kidar hain".

She turned back to face him with a cheeky smile.

" Kyun?? Baraat lekar ani hain??".

His heart skipped a bit. How i wished Preeta, u could have asked me this many years back when we first met. But now it's really too late.

He smiled holding back his tears.

" Naah , socha apko lift dedun" 

She smiled as well.

He was after all a sweet gentleman unlike his crazy family. Perhaps she was being too harsh on him 

" Ok. Lekin aek shart pey" 

He stopped walking, frowning.

" Aek aur shart?".

The smiling reply.

" Mujhey lift dene ke baad mere sath aek cup chai piyoge. Main chai achi benati hun" 

His heart skipped a beat again.

If only preetaji u could have offered me sweetly like this many years back. 

He pretended to refuse.

" Vo actually office mein bahut kaam hain...."

She interrupted, 

" Ok, no chai no lift".

She took fast steps making him run a little to catch up. 

" Ok ok. Aek cup chai. No problem".

Finally, she sat in his car . Suddenly, she felt a little dizzy with flashbacks. He offered her some water.

Rishab realized the upsetting mental state of preeta and repented deeply.

If only i had supported u then u wouldn't be in this state. I am the cause of ur pain too apart from my family.

The tea was fantastic. He watched her closely as she washed the cups in the basin. He looked around the old apartment.

Very soon preetaji, u will be back to ur own home. 

Just then, a knock on the door. Rishab opened it at once and was shocked to see a blue eyed boy looking right at him with tons of questions in mind.

Don't tell me rudraksh is alive and he was with his mother all the time??

The businessman felt the floor underneath bis feet spinning. The gentleman was supported by the stranger 

" Ap thik ho". Rajveer 's calm voice enquiring his ill state. 

Rishab nodded with a weak smile pulling the boy closer for a tight hug.

Deep inside he spoke emotionally.

I can't even tell u how happy i am to see u alive and healthy. 

Preeta thought to herself witnessing rishab and her nephew chatting at the doorway.

Something is definitely amiss. This man and his family has some past connections with me 

Could he be my husband??? 

Was i married to him ??

I am sure that uncle is not my husband.

Maybe this one is 

Part of her hoped it was true as she found him charming and pleasant.

How shall i find out my past. The only way is to work with this guy. Find out where he stayed. What he does 

Preeta decided to spy on rishab by taking a job offer in his office.

To be continued 

Aniash thumbnail

Part five.

Coincidentally rishab lutra was definitely in need of a personal assistant (PA). Preeta was given the offer the very next morning when she dropped by at the office.

The slowly recovering karan lutra was discharged from the hospital and disheartened finding out that his wife got a job as a PA to his own brother. Was karma showing its effects.

He took her away from rishab twenty years ago. And now he might lose her again to the same man 

Karan somehow knew that rishab had feelings for Preeta. But he never spoke about it, afraid his sibling might feel upset. Deep down karan was definitely aware . 

What shall i do now??.

He decided to join work the next day despite not allowed by family. He was supposed to take rest. 

They were aware preeta was the reason.

She enjoyed working for rishab lutra. A sensible sane boss. He was strict with other personnel but sweet with her. She had tons of questions in mind.

He looked familiar. 

As soon as the karan lutra walked into the office the next morning, she greeted him happily as he moved towards his room leaving the rest of the staff giggling hearing her fabulous speech

" Uncleji, ab tabiyat kaisi hain??".

Arrrggghh. Why the hell she repeating the same.

Enough was enough.

The businessman turned and glared at her as though he was gonna gulp her in one go 

" Kya uncle uncle lega rekha hain??. I am ur boss, the karan lutra. Not uncle, ok".

She was taken aback with his rudeness and almost tripped. Luckily rishab rescued her from falling in the nick of time. 

" Ap thik ho, preetaji".

",Haan, thank u. Kitna bedtemiz hain yeh admi".

She replied upset, after karan walked into his room and shut the door behind.

Rishab assured her that the former was still recovering and requested preeta to not tag him as an uncle. He didn't like it. 

Preeta smiled weakly, apologizing but deep down she was upset and swore she will teach that rude uncle a lesson of lifetime. 

An hour later, 

He felt a little dizzy due to the effects of the medication . Mild drowsiness. He requested his secretary for a black coffee and the lady passed the order to preeta stating she was busy.

Revenge time!

Preeta made green tea instead.

He glared at her 

" Yeh kya hain" 

The casual sweet reply as she placed the cup with saucer on the desk.

" Heri wali chai, dimag ki tazgi bedhai. Gussa hethai. Buddhe ko jawan benaye".

Arrrggghh, there she went again.

The angry tone.

" Where is my black coffee??".

The casual reply as she opened the door to leave.

" No stock".

Seconds later,

He took a file and flung it towards the door furiously not able to tolerate her shrewdness.

This definitely is not my preeta. She's just a look alike. My preeta is sweet.

" Woah, cool down bro".

Rishab 's calm voice as he walked into the cabin, picking up the red file on the hard marble floor.

" Yeh preeta nehin ho sakti. Yeh koi aur hain".

He answered angrily.

The businessman took a seat at the desk facing his sibling.

" Give her some time. Uski yadash cheli geyi hain. Once ahe recalls, she will come running into ur arms".

Little did Rishab lutra realized that the amnesia preeta was fond of him instead of his own brother.

He was shocked to see a note on his table at the end of the office hour 

" Kya ap mere ghar aogey aaj raat dinner ke liye. Appreciation for giving me a job with good pay and treating me well with respect".

He sighed.

If only preetaji all this happened twenty years back, i would have taken ur sweet offer. But it's too late.

I am keen in another woman. Now. I have finally moved on. 

Rishab lutra was seeing someone. A nurse who attended to his wounds when he was recently hospitalized due to a mild injury on the roadside trying to rescue a little boy from a deadly accident.

The moment he laid his eyes on her, his heart skipped a beat. Both were drawn into one another and started dating without family knowledge.

He thought real hard 

God, what is happening??.

When i am finally moving on fully why does my past come knocking again??

To be continued 

Aniash thumbnail

Part six.

Rajveer was unhappy hearing his aunt spilling details of her job at lutras office. He frowned and thought to himself.

" Yeh maa ko yehi jegah mili thi kya".

He knew she couldn't recall her past. But she needn't work with those bunch of losers. Preeta had tried numerous hospitals and nursing homes in Mumbai for a physiotherapist job but unfortunately there wasn't any vacancy available. The high living cost in the metropolitan forced her to accept anything under the sun. They had to pay for rental , food as well as medical expenses. 

Rajveer promised to himself that the day he could stand on his own feet, he wouldn't allow his aunt to be anywhere near the lutras. Definitely not the karan lutra . Rishab lutra was different. He was a sweet gentleman.

The young man felt relieved that his aunt worked under the sane and sensible businessman and nothing to do with the karan lutra 

Now that preeta worked in lutras office , it was easier for rajveer to take his revenge against his own father. But definitely without anyone 's knowledge. Not even his own aunt. 

Rishab lutra attending dinner at their home was the first step to make friendship with that guy and win his heart so that he would get a job for himself too at the office. 

The door bell rang and preeta instructed her beloved nephew to attend to the guest.

,She rushed to her room to check on herself. Dressing and make up. All fine. The red salwar kameez  exposed her beautiful feminism and beauty.

Rajveer was shocked and stood still upon unlocking the door.

The guest was none other than his own father, the karan lutra. He understood instantly. So it was rishab lutra's plan to send his younger brother instead so that the two estranged humans could patch up.

No way he was gonna allow that to happen.

He blurted angrily.

" The dinner invitation was for mr. Rishab lutra, my aunt's boss !".

He knew the young man was not happy to see him at the doorstep. His sibling persuaded him to mend his bitter relationship with preeta after their recent misunderstandings at the office.

Rishab was determined to get the duo closer as they were twenty years back. 

" Ap yahan kya kar rehe ho" 

The frustrated preeta snapped at her uninvited guest.

He didn't reply but handed over to her a bouquet of roses, very politely and sweetly.

" Sorry jo bhi office main hua. "

Part of her was still upset that her boss didn't turn up and sent the narcissist brother instead but the other part was curious about the mystery behind the gentleman who stood right in front of her 

Why do i feel some connection with him?

He was a guest and they couldn't throw him out just like that so they offered dinner and he ate whole heartedly, praising preeta for her cooking. 

As the time passed, the trio very slowly and gradually got into further conversations while enjoying the delicious rajma chawal.

Watching them through a window of the apartment, apparently spying on them, rishab lutra smiled to himself.

This was what i wanted. I knew somehow they would patch up. They already had that connection. After all, destiny always will unite them somehow.

Only this time, it would be different. He would venture into a new journey too with Divya Mehra, the woman he had decided to tie the knot.

The end

Ps. 

The leap is a failure due to the casting.

They could have brought a twist of rishab moving on . He found someone.

Amnesia preeta attracted to rishab and doesn't like karan.

So there is a lot they could tell the audience but they just like pathetic drama.