Posted: 1 years ago

Quoting from this book by Shrayana Bhattacharya:

"For the Shah Rukh fangirl, Hindi movie romance between 2013 and 2015 had become stale. The manic energy of on-screen millennial love tired her.

Hrithik was too perfect for sex(ahem ahem!!!!)Ranveer was all swag and sex. Ranbir was all swish and sex. Ayushmann was too sweet for sex."

This cracked me up🀣

Do you guys agree with the above?

Minty, I guess you've purchased the book. Is it mostly based on what other women told her (like a report) or is it predominently her own opinion and feelings backed by what she got to know through the interviews?

Did she do interviews or is it that women wrote to her?

I agree with the view SRK-fangirls may have on the cited actors...

What in the world did I just read πŸ˜†

Originally posted by Clochette

Minty, I guess you've purchased the book. Is it mostly based on what other women told her (like a report) or is it predominently her own opinion and feelings backed by what she got to know through the interviews?

Did she do interviews or is it that women wrote to her?

I agree with the view SRK-fangirls may have on the cited actors...

The highlighted portion

Thanks for letting me know...I hesitated to buy the book because I thought it may be like that.

Do you mind to tell more about your own impressions about what is written in the book.

As you mention sex in your initial post, is it more about the physical attraction that the romance generates?

Originally posted by Clochette

Thanks for letting me know...I hesitated to buy the book because I thought it may be like that.

Do you mind to tell more about your own impressions about what is written in the book.

As you mention sex in your initial post, is it more about the physical attraction that the romance generates?

No, it is a feminist take on Shah Rukh and why he is seen as an icon for millennial women. She focuses on gender struggles through the lens of Shah Rukh fandom.

It's more of a social science book but there are a lot of anecdotes and witty writing, talking about SRK as a metaphor for feminist emancipation.

You may read the reviews of the book in more detail on Google.

I'm more interested in YOUR opinion...

It seems to be an interesting combination of analysing and narrating...

Originally posted by mintyblue

Quoting from this book by Shrayana Bhattacharya:

"For the Shah Rukh fangirl, Hindi movie romance between 2013 and 2015 had become stale. The manic energy of on-screen millennial love tired her.

Hrithik was too perfect for sex(ahem ahem!!!!)Ranveer was all swag and sex. Ranbir was all swish and sex. Ayushmann was too sweet for sex."

This cracked me up🀣

Do you guys agree with the above?

lol he is so perfect... yet he can do no better than that Saba Azad femaleπŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

and his ex takes off with a thing like Arslan Gomi. By the way, what is that thing?πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Hrithik is indeed too perfect. Deserves to be kept in a showcase or glass case or a museum given how perfectly built, handsome he is and chiselled face he has.

Sometimes you feel you cannot even touch him. 

Tu bewafa hai ya hain tu bewafa?

Aiiiitbaaar bhi toda uska

Har Khushi bhi nilaaam ki?